Just curious if there is anybody that has a red passport that doesn't have any issues with the spacebar not clicking or has less depth than the other keys. Was thinking of buying it but am kind of holding back due to what I'm reading about the space key. It kind if annoyed me on the black one.... if you dont have any issues could you post the build date?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 11:39 PM
    Get mine on Tuesday. I'll let you know

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 12:38 AM
    I own a red passport and its space bar is working flawlessly. There is no clicking or depth issues.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 02:14 AM
    I have the black one and don't have that issue, but I read that some people do. My friend is getting a red one I'll let you know when I know more!

Posted from my Canadian PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    01-12-15 04:11 AM
    Hi, I too have a red Passport and the space bar and the rest of the keyboard is just right.
    01-12-15 04:17 AM
    Perfect on mine
    01-12-15 04:32 PM
    Mine is fine as well. The issue that you're referring to can occur with any key. It's luck of the draw. I had a few Passports with keyboard issues out of the box. My red one is good.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 05:11 PM
    My first red passport had that issue...I returned it ...waited 2 weeks and ordered another one. That one worked perfect . The space bar is supposed to click easy don't let anyone tell you otherwise. FYI before the red one I also had a black passport and that keyboard was perfect.
    01-12-15 05:31 PM
    I have the Red one and don't have any issue with any of the keys.
    01-12-15 05:37 PM
    I have a Red one and is flawless, perfect piece of art. Proud BlackBerry user

Posted via CB10
    Tabdus likes this.
    01-12-15 09:22 PM
    I have a red one too and my space bar is fine.

Sent from my awesome red Passport on T Mobile USA
    01-13-15 08:12 AM
    Got it today and the keyboard is just fine, spacebar and all. Love this phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 09:54 PM
    Mine is fine as well. The issue that you're referring to can occur with any key. It's luck of the draw. I had a few Passports with keyboard issues out of the box. My red one is good.

Posted via CB10
    How are you liking the red I just ordered mine today waiting on it. How is the texture is it real plasticky feeling and are the black side pieces metal or plastic? Thanks....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-13-15 10:45 PM
    How are you liking the red I just ordered mine today waiting on it. How is the texture is it real plasticky feeling and are the black side pieces metal or plastic? Thanks....

The texture feels like just a matt finish. It does though get smudgey at times but I have a clear slim case on it. The sides aren't plastic nothing on this phone is! Ok the keyboard is but who's counting lol. Full metal sides possibly powdered coated black. Honestly very well built phone. Enjoy it. Be prepared to be hassled when using it in public.

Oh and the space bar is just fine. For the op.

Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154 /Rogers
    nokia4life likes this.
    01-13-15 11:03 PM

Matte finish, not very slippery, relative to the fact that it is plastic and not the soft feel rubberized backing of the black variant. The rest my friend above summarized relatively well. Since I've moved to the red from the standard black, I've never though about switching back to the black version.

Posted via CB10
    nokia4life likes this.
    01-13-15 11:15 PM