Just found one one big problem with my Red Passport! The microphone does not work at all. When making a voice call, the other party cannot hear me at all.........I can hear the other party but the other party cannot hear me....tried many times but to no avail.....Im located in Singapore and doing a return to shopblackberry is very big hassle.......shipping alone will be a logistical nightmare and also in terms of cost.........

Anyone have the same problem?
    01-02-15 02:41 AM
    Ok, I'm a gadget ***** as described by my buddies lol. I have the iPhone 6 and Sony Xperia Z3, 2 different telcos as one is for work and one is for leisure, on top of this I have the passport black as well, I am considering having my work work to be the black passport and my personal line to be the red passport. Gonna give the iPhone 6 to my mum and the xperia z3 to my dad. Modern blackberries are that good !
    I can't get enough of my Red Passport. I recently put the black hard shell case on it and the black on black (the siding of the phone combined with the black case) looks super sharp! Loving that I made the switch back to BlackBerry (or RedBerry lol)!!

Posted via CB10
    delrosa81 likes this.
    01-08-15 09:22 PM
    Also sorry to hear about your mic mishap @delrosa81 that's unfortunate. Glad to report that everything still works great for me, despite dropping the phone three times. All I've got on my Red Passport is a scratch on the screen from my pup, who was on the bed with an unprotected screen (my fault)... however, it goes unnoticed while the screen is on (only visible while the screen is off and viewed from a certain angle)

Posted via CB10
    DocGo likes this.
    01-08-15 09:29 PM
    got my new passport today in the mail. Its looks super cool in red. Only thing i don't like that the box has been opened before. Whats up with that?
    01-09-15 10:12 PM
    got my new passport today in the mail. Its looks super cool in red. Only thing i don't like that the box has been opened before. Whats up with that?
    We had shipped electronic devices from China to Saudi and the customs usually checks some of the units to make sure it is what it says in the document. I think yours is the lucky one, unfortunately.

"When life gives you Blackberries... keep moving b*tch!"
    01-09-15 10:49 PM
    We had shipped electronic devices from China to Saudi and the customs usually checks some of the units to make sure it is what it says in the document. I think yours is the lucky one, unfortunately.

"When life gives you Blackberries... keep moving b*tch!"

Customs agents in most countries are required to place a sticker on the packaging indicating the package was inspected. No sticker most likely means it wasn't inspected.

On another note Digital River/Shopblackberry have been sending out refurbished or returned units. That may be where the suspicion of the box being opened comes from.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 02:16 AM
    Customs agents in most countries are required to place a sticker on the packaging indicating the package was inspected. No sticker most likely means it wasn't inspected.

On another note Digital River/Shopblackberry have been sending out refurbished or returned units. That may be where the suspicion of the box being opened comes from.

Posted via CB10
    i ordered it from the Blackberry US website. the broken seal have been replace with the exact same tape as it comes originally.
    Well, there must be a reason and i don't know what i should or can do about it. Im just happy to have this red bad boy between my fingers, hahaha

everything i expected after my short and unsuccessful stint over at the Android corner. Happy to be back!!
    01-10-15 02:25 AM
    Any have any ideas for nice leather cases for the red passports? I'm really liking the stilgut ones crackberry just posted about.

Posted via my sexy white  Z30 rocking 10.3.0.1052
    01-10-15 03:52 PM
    Loved everything about it!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 07:40 PM
    Paired it with every bluetooth speakers in my house, and enjoy my music with it in every room while working away on the red keys. Feels like a million bucks!

Posted via CB10
    mister2d likes this.
    01-10-15 07:50 PM
    I'm considering the Red over the Black version.
    Coming from Bold 9900 and Z10, some of my favorite things about BlackBerry is the how the phone feels in gand (grip).

I read that the red is more slippery over the black one.

Is this a problem for you guys or does two hands on the device make it ok?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 10:18 AM
    Coming from Bold 9900 and Z10, some of my favorite things about BlackBerry is the how the phone feels in gand (grip).

Posted via CB10
    The back is matte finish so it's not that slick. Smooth finish like the one found on the LG G2 or the Samsung S4 is the really bad one. Definitely the red is less grippy compared to the black, but I find it OK.

Posted via CB10
    andre3030 likes this.
    01-11-15 04:12 PM
    Mine is still stuck at customs in the UK. Three days there already.

01-13-15 06:13 PM
    Mine is still stuck at customs in the UK. Three days there already.

Where did you buy it from? I can't seem to purchase the red one anywhere that will ship to the UK. That includes shop blackberry US and Canada and amazon.

Really want one but there is only white and black available in the UK. I want to buy one, but there is none i can get!
    Take my money blackberry, it's here! Just no red passport!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 07:12 PM
    The back is matte finish so it's not that slick. Smooth finish like the one found on the LG G2 or the Samsung S4 is the really bad one. Definitely the red is less grippy compared to the black, but I find it OK.

Posted via CB10
    I find the black one to be slippery as it is! I need the hard shell case to hold it with out slipping. But then i miss holding the slim phone profile with no case!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 07:15 PM
    I find the black one to be slippery as it is! I need the hard shell case to hold it with out slipping. But then i miss holding the slim phone profile with no case!

Posted via CB10
    If you find the black slippery, the red will feel like water on Teflon.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 07:33 PM
    If you find the black slippery, the red will feel like water on Teflon.

Posted via CB10
    I won't care as long as i get the red one!

Posted via CB10
    mister2d likes this.
    01-13-15 07:41 PM
    Where did you buy it from? I can't seem to purchase the red one anywhere that will ship to the UK. That includes shop blackberry US and Canada and amazon.

Really want one but there is only white and black available in the UK. I want to buy one, but there is none i can get!

Posted via CB10
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00R9DT61...UvbUpU11257247

Coming soon!

01-14-15 02:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have a friend in the US that got this shipped to him and then to me btw.

01-14-15 02:16 AM
    I have a friend in the US that got this shipped to him and then to me btw.

Was thinking the same thing. How exp was shipping? I know customs will take ages + get charged import duty and vat etc.
    It's probs delayed in customs as maybe you have pay this off first. Parcel force send u a letter that u have to pay then it gets out of customs. This always isn't the case though.

Hope u get it asap.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 05:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    I had my phone for three weeks before placing a hard shell case on it. The couple of drops I experienced had nothing to do with the phone slipping out of my hand... never had the black so I can't speak for others but the red Passport is by far the best phone I've ever owned!!

Posted via the Sweet RedBerry PasspoRt!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 11:49 PM
    Just got my RedBlackBeast today!!!
    Can't wait to load 2072 on!!!
    Yay!!!

RedBlackBeast
    01-16-15 05:44 AM
    Could we all just share this as a comparison?

Red Passport Owners(And future ones)!-img_20150116_211403_edit.jpg

RedBlackBeast
    01-16-15 07:19 AM
    Was thinking the same thing. How exp was shipping? I know customs will take ages + get charged import duty and vat etc.
    It's probs delayed in customs as maybe you have pay this off first. Parcel force send u a letter that u have to pay then it gets out of customs. This always isn't the case though.

Hope u get it asap.

Posted via CB10
    It cost around $50 for shipping usps, but I just got stung with a �115 import vat including a handling fee from parcelforce.

01-16-15 12:34 PM
    It cost around $50 for shipping usps, but I just got stung with a �115 import vat including a handling fee from parcelforce.

So in total how much did it cost u if u don't mind me asking?
    I know the phone is cheap there as it is. But with the VAT etc?
    Also what value did he put down on the customs?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 04:30 PM
155 ... 34567