Let us know about your reactions to opening that Red Passport box, what you think about the build quality, or if you're going to return it!

Or maybe you're just getting that order through and waiting for the awesomeness to come!

I'm excited to hear from future AND current Red Passport Owners!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 02:49 AM
    Waiting for mine...

#JustKiddingIWishICould
    12-11-14 05:06 AM
    My reaction when I opened the box was ... The build quality is GREAT! I do wish the red back was the soft touch material, but the quality is still very high. I love the black/red contrast. It really is a beautiful device.

FYI... I had ordered both the white and the red. I returned the white.
    Supa_Fly1 and IamSuperMas like this.
    12-11-14 06:19 AM
    Like the look, very nice color combination but i did order a replacement from Amazon (SIM card cover not tight, shaky) and volume controls have a little move.
    12-11-14 06:29 AM
    I don't even know where to get one in the UK

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 06:33 AM
    Been using since was available now. Its as eye-catching as in the pics and makes a phone that stands out already, stand out even more. Build quality is solid.
    My only gripe is the "porcelain feel" back cover. I like my devices "naked" and opt for a pouch instead when in my pocket to protect it from scratches. Its definitely more slippery and doesn't provide as much grip as with the Black version soft touch... or the other Z devices.
    Overall happy with the decision to switch to the red, going to sell my Black one now...

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 07:03 AM
    My reaction when I opened the box was ... The build quality is GREAT! I do wish the red back was the soft touch material, but the quality is still very high. I love the black/red contrast. It really is a beautiful device.

What kind of material is it? Is it kind of like the white slippery backings on the White Z10/30 Q10/5's? Lol I love the look of it, I just need to figure out if and when I'm going to pull the trigger lol

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 07:54 AM
    Let us know about your reactions to opening that Red Passport box, what you think about the build quality, or if you're going to return it!

Or maybe you're just getting that order through and waiting for the awesomeness to come!

I'm excited to hear from future AND current Red Passport Owners!!!

Posted via CB10
    Got mine yesterday. It has a group of two or three hot pixels near the mid-left edge of the screen. The keyboard backlight is uneven, and there is light bleed around the keys that's noticeable when using the device in the dark. The key backlight is "pale" and the contents of the box the device came in look like they were shoved into the box in a mad hurry. Other than it being red, it suffers from all the same problems as every other Passport. This makes probably 5 or 6 devices now that have had hot pixels. Honestly, considering I've officially gone through 9 Passports now and only one was reasonable flawless, the quality across the board is "meh" at best.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 09:00 AM
    Got mine on the first day they were available through Amazon. First impressions were positive......build quality is exceptional and I haven't seen any issues. No stuck pixels, no squeaks or loose covers, no light leaks and performance is great. I did have any issue with the proximity sensor not working correctly (display would sometimes turn on when talking on the phone) and I followed the advice on one of the threads to reset via holding the up and down volume buttons and since then I haven't had any issues.

In some respects I would have liked to see maybe just a touch smaller device with something like a 4.3 inch display and a tad thinner. It would make it fit just a bit better in the pocket, but it's really not that big of a deal. The functionality is top notch.

I was on my first trip with it this week and was able to get so much more work done while being away from my laptop. The hub is great and really streamlines the overall communication process. Reflowable email is way better than on the iphone or most Android phones. I can't figure out why they haven't been able to implement that in other devices. You can expand text with two fingers, but it doesn't then reflow to the screen dimensions so you have to slide back and forth to read the email, not productive. Not an issue with the passport, reflow works great. The other big productivity gain for me is the much better exchange integration, particularly with the calendar. It is more capable of making changes and doing full edits on the device as opposed to most of the other platforms, particularly the iphone. Battery life has been killer even though I'm using it way more than I have with either my iphone 6 or htc one m8.

I'm still learning the ins and outs of bbos 10, but so far I'm loving the switch.
    12-11-14 09:36 AM
    Pictures please. I have the black but my girlfriend wants the red one.
    Red Passport Owners(And future ones)!-img_20141202_163109.jpg
    Red Passport Owners(And future ones)!-img_20141202_163252.jpg
    Red Passport Owners(And future ones)!-img_20141202_163327.jpg

Posted two-handed via Passport
    12-11-14 10:04 AM
    Love the phone. All keys have even feedback. No dead or stuck pixels. The rear is not a porcelain finish, it's more like a matte feel.

I advise you to use caution though, be careful how you store it when not in use. Since the screen is rather unorthodox, sitting on it while in your back pocket can cause a lot of stress to the corners of the screen.

Outside of that, this build is magnificent. The red with black accents look far better than all the other models IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 10:29 AM
    Been using since was available now. Its as eye-catching as in the pics and makes a phone that stands out already, stand out even more. Build quality is solid.
    My only gripe is the "porcelain feel" back cover. I like my devices "naked" and opt for a pouch instead when in my pocket to protect it from scratches. Its definitely more slippery and doesn't provide as much grip as with the Black version soft touch... or the other Z devices.
    Overall happy with the decision to switch to the red, going to sell my Black one now...

Posted via CB10
    Please let us know, is there any visible difference between black and red. I mean the previous info on the defects listed in crackberry

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 11:09 AM
    The red Passport is physically thicker than the black. I don't know if that's due to the paint or actual materials, but it is just a few hairs thicker. You can feel the difference in your hand. I also could tell the difference when inserting it into my car dock and slim fit BB case. The red is much more snug than the black.

To be honest, I like it that way.
    12-11-14 12:07 PM

I guess it's true, Jack DOES win! Lol

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    jackwins likes this.
    12-11-14 12:10 PM
    Got mine yesterday. It has a group of two or three hot pixels near the mid-left edge of the screen. The keyboard backlight is uneven, and there is light bleed around the keys that's noticeable when using the device in the dark. The key backlight is "pale" and the contents of the box the device came in look like they were shoved into the box in a mad hurry. Other than it being red, it suffers from all the same problems as every other Passport. This makes probably 5 or 6 devices now that have had hot pixels. Honestly, considering I've officially gone through 9 Passports now and only one was reasonable flawless, the quality across the board is "meh" at best.

Posted via CB10
    My red PP is flawless, no issues at all. Wait a minute... You have gone through 9 PP's and only 1 was a good one? That sucks!!! I suggest you change the way your purchase your BB's.
    wincyUt likes this.
    12-11-14 12:20 PM
    I guess it's true, Jack DOES win! Lol

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    12-11-14 12:21 PM
    My red PP is flawless, no issues at all. Wait a minute... You have gone through 9 PP's and only 1 was a good one? That sucks!!! I suggest you change the way your purchase your BB's.
    I also have very high standards. Don't forget that. I've said before. True defects were on 5/9 Passports. 3/9 were passable defects by common standards, and 1/9 was flawless.
    jackytin likes this.
    12-11-14 01:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    With all the problems you say you have had with the passport, I really find it hard to believe. I have been in the manufacturing sector for over 30 years and have been involved with making everything from toothpaste to tractors and I have never heard of that many defective devices coming from one manufacturer with so many others customers not having any issues at all?

I have personally bought around 12 devices for friends and clients since the launch and all with different build dates and haven't seen or heard of any of the issues you claim to have had. Any detailed pictures showing all these defective devices? Have you contacted BlackBerry quality control about the build issues?

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-11-14 01:31 PM
    With all the problems you say you have had with the passport, I really find it hard to believe. I have been in the manufacturing sector for over 30 years and have been involved with making everything from toothpaste to tractors and I have never heard of that many defective devices coming from one manufacturer with so many others customers not having any issues at all?

I have personally bought around 12 devices for friends and clients since the launch and all with different build dates and haven't seen or heard of any of the issues you claim to have had. Any detailed pictures showing all these defective devices? Have you contacted BlackBerry quality control about the build issues?

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    Some people are just special. Looking for flaws and will find them for sure. It's all about your level of contentment.

Posted via CB10
    andre3030 likes this.
    12-11-14 01:50 PM
    Some people are just special. Looking for flaws and will find them for sure. It's all about your level of contentment.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. A lot has to do with this. I'm a perfectionist by nature. It's both a good and a bad thing.

Posted via CB10
    jackytin and ponpiri like this.
    12-11-14 02:58 PM
    I've had my red passport for almost a week and the phone is beautiful. No issues at all just flawless. I really love the feedback from the keyboard, makes me realize how much I missed having a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 04:07 PM
    My box was a little beat up when I took it out of the packaging box and it looks a little bland for such a high end device. As you may know the accessories in the box are all black but the phone itself? GLORIOUS!!! Flawless. And when I went to get my nano nfc simcard the girls in the store were all over it :-D

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    12-11-14 04:39 PM
    Slippery, but will have to adjust, I don't want a case. I must say that after two days, I still miss typing on my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 05:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Arabianhorse, Supa_Fly1 and GeoK like this.
    12-11-14 07:21 PM
    I received my Red Passport yesterday and everything works well so far. My only skepticism comes in way of battery life. I removed it from the charger 6 hours ago and at 68% I've got roughly TEN hours left, and I'm not a heavy user by any means. A few texts, not much time spent on apps since I've started using it... idk what the issue could be but the main selling point and a big reason I wanted this phone was for the big battery and exceptional battery life. Build quality and OS are great, keys are very responsive and the capacitive touch works well. Nothing to complain about other than the battery so far...

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 08:28 PM
155 123 ...