I assume the app called Reminder would be useful to REMIND me of stuff. I am trying to setup a daily reminder but it's not working. I'm on OS 10.3.2 and under the tasks, there is a recurrence where I can select "repeats every day" but it only does it for the one day if I enter a reminder date/time. If I don't enter a reminder date/time how does it know what time to remind? Am I missing something?
    08-17-15 03:05 PM
    The question is what are you trying to accomplish?
    As clock alarm might be better for what you want to do.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    08-17-15 05:09 PM
    I think you need to set up in the calendar..
    08-17-15 05:13 PM
    I've been trying to figure this same thing out for a while. I actually had given up.

Let's just say that you had to take medication twice a day at 8am and 8pm for the next 7 days.

A Recurring Task reminder would be perfect for that. However I could never get it to "recur"

I'm with the OP on this question.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 06:17 PM
    I've been trying to figure this same thing out for a while. I actually had given up.

Let's just say that you had to take medication twice a day at 8am and 8pm for the next 7 days.

A Recurring Task reminder would be perfect for that. However I could never get it to "recur"

I'm with the OP on this question.

Posted via CB10
    You should be able to set up the alarm app or calendar app to do such a task.

You could also look into the help section of the reminder app. I'm sure there is more information in the help section on how to use it and set it up.

08-17-15 08:34 PM
    If I use the alarm, it's just going to make a noise at that time. I need text to say what I am needing to do hence a reminder. I'm not sure why the recurring tasks have repeat every day if it doesn't work. When I do set one up, it does appear in the calendar as it's a task.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 01:07 PM
    Guys reminder need to be set up in the calendar
    08-19-15 01:27 PM
    If Reminder needs to be setup in Calendar then it's a calendar entry. What's the Reminder app for if we have to use Calendar?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 10:29 AM
    Doing this now shows me I have something scheduled every day when in weekly or monthly view which is not beneficial when you want to see days free of events.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 10:31 AM
    Reminder is for lists of tasks and notes. In almost every personal organization system, an obligation that exists at a specific point of time is placed on a calendar, with reminders and alarms as necessary.

If, on the other hand, you simply need to perform a task before a given time, then a task manager is the appropriate tool.

Think of it this way:

Do Task X at a specific day/time => calendar
    Do Task X anytime before Date/Time => task

This method is consistent across multiple systems, from Franklin Covey to Getting Things Done to Outlook to Google Tasks to Blackberry Calendar/reminder.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 03:26 PM
    Doing this now shows me I have something scheduled every day when in weekly or monthly view which is not beneficial when you want to see days free of events.

Posted via CB10
    Your asking a whole lot of specifics from the apps.
    I suggest doing a search for a app that fits your needs exactly.
    Or find an app that can record voice to a notification. And then use the alarm set with your personal voice recording so you know what the alarm is for.

08-20-15 04:29 PM
    Reminder is for lists of tasks and notes. In almost every personal organization system, an obligation that exists at a specific point of time is placed on a calendar, with reminders and alarms as necessary.

If, on the other hand, you simply need to perform a task before a given time, then a task manager is the appropriate tool.

Think of it this way:

Do Task X at a specific day/time => calendar
    Do Task X anytime before Date/Time => task

This method is consistent across multiple systems, from Franklin Covey to Getting Things Done to Outlook to Google Tasks to Blackberry Calendar/reminder.

Posted via CB10
    I'm in agreement with the OP in terms of being confused about the Recurring option in Remember. Why have the option to schedule a Recurring Task if it doesn't work ?

Back in BlackBerry OS 6, on my trusty Bold 9780, I used to schedule recurring tasks all the time and it worked fine. It was a big shortcoming when I switched to BlackBerry 10 two years ago and discovered that they didn't have recurring tasks.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 06:12 PM
    Anyway, I have good news OP. I figured it out!

Set up your Recurring Task just like you have been doing. When the Reminder eventually pops up the first time in your Recurring series, you need to select View Details. Then select the little box to the right of the title of the Task name. You should then see a blue check mark. Then tap Save.

When you do this, you'll see the Recurring reminder reenter itself in the Calendar on the next scheduled Recurrence.

You need to check the little box each time to keep the Recurrences going.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 06:19 PM