I received a USED passport from the same return centre. Not sure why Blackberry selling used/returned phones as new. I did contact Digital River for full refund. I will think twice if I need to order again.

So, after thinking about it for a few hours and reading more or less the same complaints on the board i decided to contact shopBB and demand a proper solution or the phone goes back. I have 30 days and if they don't give me a appropriate reason why the box was opened, scratched and the protection cover removed it will go in return.

Going back to use my 9900 and wait until i can buy the phone in a store or online from a trustworthy merchant.

Sad to do so, because i spend all day to set up the phone and i can't take my hands off, but i do like a brand new device when i pay for one.
    01-11-15 03:09 AM
    The same thing happened to me. I ordered a Passport through Shopblackberry the first hour it was available in October. When I received the phone I also had double tape. Phone was fine but the reception was horrible so I returned it. The second one I received did not have the double tape but I also returned it due to excessive light bleed. That was a disaster. They received it 12/04 and I finally received my refund on 1/09 after over 20 emails and 10 phone calls.

I believe what finally helped me with my return is when I gave the CSR my tracking number, they checked it on line to see that it was delivered back to the warehouse. From there they sent an email to verify the return and then I finally received my refund.

This has never happened to me before, but I will think long before I buy a phone through Shopblackberry again.
    01-11-15 07:25 AM
    I see aclass action lawsuit &/or a FTC record fine in the future... my phone had double tapes & I am waiting to see what happens over this since mine works well...

Seriously this. If many people are getting used devices when ordering new, this is clearly not a mistake...
    Last edited by patapoof; 01-11-15 at 02:23 PM.
    01-11-15 12:08 PM
    Quick update.

1. FedEx processed a refund for the excess $108.03 CAD charges. It should show up on my account in about a day or two.
    2. I'll be getting a full refund for the faulty device. BlackBerry has inspected it and deemed that it is unusually banged up. I received a prepaid label to ship the device back for a full refund and will be doing this in the next few days.

It took a couple of weeks to sort everything out but at the end I was contacted by BlackBerry management directly. They wanted to collect feedback from me on the general condition of devices, not just this one, the issues I've experienced, any customer service issues, and to inform me what they are doing to improve things. I've raised all issues to them and they have reassured me that they are working on making changes to ensure things are better going forward, especially in respect to customer service.

As I am yet to deal with the refund process I will have to comment on how that went at a later time. I will post back here once everything is complete.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 12:25 PM
    BlackBerry talks a good game... what is "NOT unusually banged up" then?
    01-11-15 12:34 PM
    I see aclass action lawsuit &/or a FTC record fine in the future... my phone had double tapes & I am waiting to seewhat happens over this since mine works well...

This
    01-11-15 01:17 PM
    BlackBerry talks a good game... what is "NOT unusually banged up" then?
    Well, it was more like "that's not typical of the condition of our devices". It is a bit of a strange answer considering the product is supposed to be new. Also, the stuck/dead pixels, apparently there is a tolerance that BlackBerry allows before they consider it a defect. I thought most did away with that these days because LCD manufacturing has improved so much. I haven't run into dead/stuck pixels in about 4-ish years. With the Passport that changed as I had multiple devices with the same issue. I will likely just keep my existing red with the stuck pixels as it is likely any replacement would be the same.

I'm just happy to have had the ability to raise the issues directly with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 01:55 PM
    Just because it came in the brown box doesn't mean its "USED" They do test the device before sending it to avoid issues.

Now if it is used like you said then just call them 30 day returns are free.
    Lol, you think they open boxes, test them, and then ship them out? Any testing on a device is done before its put into a box. Digital River isn't opening each of the boxes, testing them, and then shipping them out. It makes no sense to do that. All of that is supposed to be done before the device is put into the box.
    01-11-15 01:57 PM
    I don't know how long some of you have been with Blackberry, but these types of issues have been going on for years with their manufacturing. Any time a device is mass produced there are going to be issues, I don't care who the manufacturer is. Blackberry has always had quality control problems, going all the way back to trackball devices. Light Bleeds, off set screens, crooked trackpads, dust under screens. Some you shocked or questioning Blackberry to have these issues are either in complete denial or just have been lucky enough to never have received a device with one of these issues. This forum over the years has been stock piled with issues any time Blackberry releases a new phone. This isn't anything new.

I too have also had my fair of poor built devices sent to me, and its always been Blackberry's policy to ship out a refurbished phone which is complete BS. I'm not saying other manufacturers don't have these issues, but Blackberry has been consistently poor on how they handle these issues over the years.
    dejanh and jmr1015 like this.
    01-11-15 02:02 PM
    New should be new. Cut tape shouldn't be a problem, but unopened just feels much better... :-)

Let's hope you get it resolved and Chen & team are making sure CS is improved. Or change the subcontractor (Digital River) who are handling distribution via Shop BlackBerry at the moment.

�   A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...   �
    01-11-15 04:21 PM
    Lauren Bacall taught us all we need about blowing smoke...

New should be new. Cut tape shouldn't be a problem, but unopened just feels much better... :-)

Let's hope you get it resolved and Chen & team are making sure CS is improved. Or change the subcontractor (Digital River) who are handling distribution via Shop BlackBerry at the moment.

•   A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...   •
    01-11-15 05:07 PM
    Curious: I wonder if when BlackBerry order the items from (whoever, manufacturing, etc.) the items are locked. Then, they get them in the 'local' warehouse, open the items, and unlocked them. Once done, they ship them.

I'm not re-reading the entire thread again, but, I can't remember, was there any actual physical damage to the device?
    01-12-15 07:40 AM
    Call Blackberry I promise you they want to hear about things like this! They will make it right!
    01-12-15 08:30 AM
    Curious: I wonder if when BlackBerry order the items from (whoever, manufacturing, etc.) the items are locked. Then, they get them in the 'local' warehouse, open the items, and unlocked them. Once done, they ship them.

I'm not re-reading the entire thread again, but, I can't remember, was there any actual physical damage to the device?
    Yep, the phone had physical damage too. BlackBerry inspected it and said it was abnormal.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 09:46 AM
    I just would like to know exactly what "normal" damage is in the words of BB ...how many scratches/dents, how many pixels dead, how many hours in use, how many battery cycles, how much dust & how much infected material on this highly personal device ??

Yep, the phone had physical damage too. BlackBerry inspected it and said it was abnormal.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 02:06 PM
    I just would like to know exactly what "normal" damage is in the words of BB ...how many scratches/dents, how many pixels dead, how many hours in use, how many battery cycles, how much dust & how much infected material on this highly personal device ??
    I've asked them to provide me their defective pixel policy. So far I haven't received one.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 02:24 PM
    I would be livid!!!! Even the guys at my local corp Rogers Wireless store never opens up my reserved devices. Since I re-sell my devices even the boxes have to be pristine.

Having three layers of tape or having the devices used, I would decline and demand a new one.

As a consumer it is within you rights!

Posted via CB10
    Just in case if you have missed my thread. I purchased a sim free Passport last week and it has double tapes on the box. Carphone Warehouse in the UK strongly refusing an exchange only in exceptional case like faulty or damaged phone. Phone has one crease protection film with a irregular shaped hole on it. You won't expect a new phone to look like this. One of the reasons the staff cited they won't take it is the company will make losses and they will have trouble returning to blackberry. It's appalling how you are treated after they have taken your money.
    01-12-15 04:21 PM
    My first classic came right out of a sealed box, spanking new, with a dead phone speaker. I was able to hear with headphones or loud speaker, blue tooth, etc. but couldn't hear a sound through the built in phone speaker.
    Anyway as I ended up canceling my shopbb order and buying from a local vendor, my only reason for mentioning it here is to contrast my experience with calling BlackBerry with the experience others here seem to have had or expect to.
    I reached someone (regular 800 number) at the Asia Pacific office. The first person was clueless and her supervisor unapologetic and unhelpful.
    If anyone else would manufacture a phone as reliable and virtually customized for the way I use my phone, that would have been the last straw for me.
    Having said that, two weeks in,from getting my working Classic set up, I still say the the it is the best phone experience that I have ever had.

Posted Via ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.1.1154 CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    01-12-15 04:29 PM
    Call Blackberry I promise you they want to hear about things like this! They will make it right!
    Digital River will handle all the returns. NO exchanges even you received a USED device.

You are not dealing with BB directly. Don't except too much. You are lucky If you can get all the money back. Because they don't want to give the shipping fee back.
    01-13-15 01:40 AM
    Doesn't canada have any laws? In the USA there's tthe FTC & the State Attorney General & State Department of Consumer Protection & also the Better Business Bureau.

Digital River will handle all the returns. NO exchanges even you received a USED device.

You are not dealing with BB directly. Don't except too much. You are lucky If you can get all the money back. Because they don't want to give the shipping fee back.
    01-13-15 09:40 AM
    Mine came in perfect condition. Still have not found one issue to complain about. Not even light bleed. As long as the screen doesn't start lifting I'm in good shape. The device is excellent and build quality is solid. A bit better than the black Passport from September/October.

Also, happened to look at BaSa after charging and setting everything up and saw the battery cycle at 1. Definitely took a screen shot. 1 battery cycle on 1/1/15. Really liking the red!

To the OP, as I wrote in another post, wish you would have kept the 2nd Passport that had no issues rather than all of this buying and reselling. I just don't understand how you received so many defective devices when there are plenty of happy Passport owners here.

Some may have a bit of light bleed or on the black Passport I have a volume up key that can be loosened a bit, but you are getting shafted somehow. Still can't believe how solid the red Passport is; I'm going to have a look at the date on the box to get an idea of build date.

Posted via CB10
    So would plugging your phone in the computer doing a device switch count as 1 charge and then plugging it in to charge to 100% count as another charge? Just asking because mine has 2 cycles on it now and that's what I did....
    02-18-15 03:50 PM
    Im not suprised... Digital River sucks balls!
    02-18-15 04:00 PM
    I bought a red passport from amazon UK.
    Took 2 weeks to arrive. Low and behold had been opened before and used!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 04:24 PM
    is there not a consumer protection agency of the government in the UK ??

I bought a red passport from amazon UK.
    Took 2 weeks to arrive. Low and behold had been opened before and used!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 04:35 PM
    is there not a consumer protection agency of the government in the UK ??
    Going to email amazon and try getting a disocunt or replacement.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 05:47 PM
203 ... 34567 ...