I don't know about everyone else... But when I buy a new device, I want a new device... It being defect free is sort of a given. It's new. It should be defect free.

If I paid for a new device, and received a used device... I don't care if it is defect free. It is still used. Which is not what I paid for. Call me crazy, but I don't think it is so much to ask for a manufacturer to try and give a paying customer a brand new defect free device.
    Today I received an weird email from Jeman S in Digital River. He totally distorted the truth. I insisted on phone exchange, but he shun off and flee from this topic, and said something else, hassle me to say I want a repair. And also send a repair center contact information, ask me to contact them. How evil this Digital River employee.

I guess Digital River is doing its own business, and maximizing its own marginal profit as more as possible, and don't care the reputation of BlackBerry. In order to get more profits, they are selling used phone as new; and they deny exchange, even they accepted an exchange, it's still exchange a used one. They even denied to provide customers service, wanted a victim to contact other department. I'm really shocked by the continuous deceptive and offensive behavior from Digital River.

I will continue to update the progress.. I doing this is not only for my phone exchange, but also for correction to save a company, and the righteousness to other customers.

Digital River didn't fulfill their role in the Shopblackberry store. I'm sure if there is a contract Between BlackBerry and Digital River. Their behavior broke the contract, and also violates the law.

I really hope this deceptive sale in Digital River can get corrected. If Digital River continues this illegal act, the damage to BlackBerry will last as long as it is. People would always blame BlackBerry, because they buy phones directly from BlackBerry official website. No one would think or distinguish they are separate individual units.

I will update all emails from Digital River.
    02-21-15 02:31 PM
    The valentine's sale and stackable coupon directly from Blackberry, nothing to Digital River. Digital River only fulfills the orders from Blackberry official website we. But they are sending and shipping used BlackBerry as new, for maximizing their own profit. BlackBerry company also gets screwed by Digital River .

I agree with this. The Black PP I received was without any detected flaws, had all protective sheets on top, bottom, front, back and had no appearance of use. I downloaded Battery Pal and found 1 battery cycle that I had just unplugged from. Lucky and thankful I am keeping my PP.

I certainly agree with everyone, what DR is doing (selling used as new) is clearly not right and possibly unlawful. I hate it most for BB. I have been a strong supporter of BB for a long time but this does nothing for their position in the US, even with some great new devices and OS.

The PP list price was $699 and it was selling normally at $599. The sale reduced it to $499 and with the stackable code I paid $399. Hell of a deal, especially since AT&T is selling for $649. But, if anything is used or refurbished it should not be sold as new. I actually think mine was an "open box" rather than NIB.

Again, I feel fortunate that I don't have an issue and I'm keeping mine.

I hope that everyone here is able resolve their given situation. And I really hope BB does something to improve/correct the selling practices of DR.

(BTW--- This was my first experience with DR and probably my last.)
    02-21-15 02:44 PM
    After being told by two reps I have no replacement phone coming.... Today I get a call and in fact a phone is coming. I guess that is pretty hard to figure out.

On the positive side I spoke with a very nice BB csr rep who was very helpful. She said to email her if I had any other problems and she would call me back.

So my phone arrives Monday and I am really pumped and hoping it will be issue free.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-21-15 06:35 PM
    I too have had assistant from a BlackBerry car initials m.m. For which I am grateful...
    02-21-15 06:46 PM
    I purchased a BlackBerry Z30 from shop BlackBerry about a week ago and it seemed brand new with everything in the box properly labeled and packaged. The package said it came from Plainfield Indianapolis where many are saying it is a returns center.

I just installed a battery app (battery pal) to see my charging cycles and it says 319.

The device itself does not seem to have any defects.

Although something I've noticed is the screen colour looks a little off. On low brightness just below halfway my blacks have like a red tint to them, which is very noticeable in dark areas. When full brightness is on it looks normal. Is this just normal with the amoled screens compared to the LCD which I had with my Z10.

Another thing I noticed is I cannot run any android apps as they have that blue loading bar at the bottom of the screen and just shutdown randomly before even starting. I thought of just waiting to upgrade to 10.3.1 to hope it solves the problem but now Z30's are not even getting this rollout.

via ZED30
    02-21-15 09:27 PM
    I purchased a BlackBerry Z30 from shop BlackBerry about a week ago and it seemed brand new with everything in the box properly labeled and packaged. The package said it came from Plainfield Indianapolis where many are saying it is a returns center.

I just installed a battery app (battery pal) to see my charging cycles and it says 319.

Although something I've noticed is the screen colour looks a little off. On low brightness just below halfway my blacks have like a red tint to them, which is very noticeable in dark areas. When full brightness is on it looks normal. Is this just normal with the amoled screens compared to the LCD which I had with my Z10.

Another thing I noticed is I cannot run any android apps as they have that blue loading bar at the bottom of the screen and just shutdown randomly before even starting. I thought of just waiting to upgrade to 10.3.1 to hope it solves the problem but now Z30's are not even getting this rollout.

via ZED30
    My shipping label said plainsfield returns center....makes one wonder.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-21-15 09:56 PM
    Well I just installed the update and first thing I did was check the battery cycle count and low and behold it went back to 1. I checked with BaSa and Power Tools. I guess checking the battery cycle really isn't a way to check if the phone is new or used for the passport. My Z30 cycle count is over 300 so even after updates and security wipes that is still accurate.....

Posted via CB10
    So after updating the Passport battery cycles went back to 1? Seems odd. With the Q and Z series the cycle counts are all over the place due to an issue with any OS before 10.3. I wouldn't think that the battery cycles would reset after a software update. That kinda sucks, but I guess the outrageous inaccurate number on the Z series will come down. I might shoot an email to the dev. I haven't updated the software yet. Would be curious to see his response.

From what I've read the battery cycle count doesn't change, kinda like an odometer. I've done security wipes and it never changed the cycle count, but maybe the update does? My "new" Z30 that is now Frankenstein with a replacement screen came with a few hundred cycles, but as I said the OS was flawed in counting cycles. The device may have been opened, maybe returned under warranty, but no defects and perfect condition I'm not complaining. Waiting to pull the trigger on a new Z30 for $250 if I can swing it. Interesting though!

My customer service from DR has been excellent since the BB10 launch. Really couldn't ask for more. Friendly, threw me a refund, etc. I have purchased many devices from them for the family on my account so maybe they see that. Not an excuse to treat anyone different, but I've always had friendly informative interactions with DR. Spent some time one night just BSing about the Passport. Will likely be getting my Z30 from them, guess I'll take a look at the address for the hell of it. For $250 I don't care if it's returned with no defects. Comes with one year warranty as well so not concerned.

I do understand those that are frustrated and feel deceived though. I'm not discounting your experiences, just stating my own.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:33 PM

via ZED30
    319 battery cycles, AND it is not defect free. I would definitely return that phone ASAP for a full refund.

A red tint to black colors is NOT normal for AMOLED screens. One of the big advantages of AMOLED is that black is achieved by simply turning the LEDs off. Which is why AMOLED can achieve such pure dark blacks and insane contrast ratios.
    02-21-15 10:39 PM
    So after updating the Passport battery cycles went back to 1? Seems odd. With the Q and Z series the cycle counts are all over the place due to an issue with any OS before 10.3. I wouldn't think that the battery cycles would reset after a software update. That kinda sucks, but I guess the outrageous inaccurate number on the Z series will come down. I might shoot an email to the dev. I haven't updated the software yet. Would be curious to see his response.

From what I've read the battery cycle count doesn't change, kinda like an odometer. I've done security wipes and it never changed the cycle count, but maybe the update does? My "new" Z30 that is now Frankenstein with a replacement screen came with a few hundred cycles, but as I said the OS was flawed in counting cycles. The device may have been opened, maybe returned under warranty, but no defects and perfect condition I'm not complaining. Waiting to pull the trigger on a new Z30 for $250 if I can swing it. Interesting though!

My customer service from DR has been excellent since the BB10 launch. Really couldn't ask for more. Friendly, threw me a refund, etc. I have purchased many devices from them for the family on my account so maybe they see that. Not an excuse to treat anyone different, but I've always had friendly informative interactions with DR. Spent some time one night just BSing about the Passport. Will likely be getting my Z30 from them, guess I'll take a look at the address for the hell of it. For $250 I don't care if it's returned with no defects. Comes with one year warranty as well so not concerned.

I do understand those that are frustrated and feel deceived though. I'm not discounting your experiences, just stating my own.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it was at 4 before the update. Just to be sure it wasn't a freak thing I security wiped the phone a couple of times and it was still at 1. After that I had it on and off the charger doing one full charge and still at 1.
    I'll wait to get the update for my Z30 and see what happens with that one.....

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:39 PM
    319 battery cycles, AND it is not defect free. I would definitely return that phone ASAP for a full refund.

A red tint to black colors is NOT normal for AMOLED screens. One of the big advantages of AMOLED is that black is achieved by simply turning the LEDs off. Which is why AMOLED can achieve such pure dark blacks and insane contrast ratios.
    Those cycle counts are completely inaccurate unless on 10.3. So any purchase of the Z or Q series will give a whacked out cycle count. The device seems defect free. The Z30 screen is much different than the Z10. Run BBVE and it will test all colors and the rest of the software. 319 cycles would normally equate to anywhere from 3-30 on 10.2. Could be a little less or more. It was not charged anywhere near 300 times! If all checks out, don't touch this thread and enjoy your device. I'll hopefully be getting a new Z30 from shopblackberry for $250; planning on ordering Monday! Enjoy your device!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:32 AM
    I also had mine come from Painsfield, but it never said that it was the returns center. It is pretty brand spanking new looking and had all the plastic covers on it. Keyboard seems very tight and not broken in and no marks anywhere on it. I wonder if they have a warehouse there along with the return center.
    03-04-15 05:02 PM
    I had to send my first one back. The new one they sent me came from ontario and the keyboard works perfectly. I wonder why the second one came from ontario and not the returns center again. Oh well it works great and I am happy.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    03-04-15 05:14 PM
    Maybe the didn't have replacement stock there, or maybe it was cheaper for shipping. What was the issue for sending the first one back?
    03-05-15 09:06 AM
    My z key wasn't working. Other then that the phone was fine.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    03-05-15 09:16 AM
    I'm glad the 4 Blackberries that I bought from Shop Blackberry in the last few weeks were all new and didn't have any extra duty or taxes attached to them. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
    Same here, I bought 2 Blackberries from Shopblackberry in the Fall both shipped out, received each 4 days after shipping, no customs charges at all (to Canada) so I'm pretty lucky as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 10:08 AM
    Received my passport in less than 24 hours from time of order to delivery. Fastest shipping I have ever seen. But lo and behold it came from the plainfield return center.
    It's my second red passport. It looks brand new. Not a mark or scuff on it. The protective films were placed so precise that I don't think it's done by hand.
    The box was scuffed, scratched and faded and that got me worried.
    It has 2 seals on it one on the left and one on right side. No double tape or any indication that it was taped over.
    I have light bleed through the keyboard and that was an issue with my first passport. Still debating whether I want to go through the hassle of refund and buying another one cause of the light bleed. I'm going to shoot over an email to Blackberry and let them know of the issues . If it really bothers me I'm just going to return it and contact my CC company for a refund rather than go through Digital river. Did that the first time and refund was issued very quick.

Blackberry has to drop them asap.
    But can someone confirm that original brand new passports come with 2 security seals on left and right sides of box. Not top and bottom.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 03:07 AM
    My red passport had the seals on the left and right side. My black carrier locked one the seals were on the top and bottom.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 06:55 AM
    People who return their devices where they shall go???

With diplomatic Passport
    03-07-15 07:01 AM
    I got my red Passport and it came from the Plainfield return centre or whatever that is as well....other than that I couldn't really see any other signs of it being a used device? Had the protectors on the front and back, box is fine for the most part, no scuffs or marks on the phone that I could see. Not sure if it's used or new who the hell knows..but it's kinda messed up cause on the shipping sheet they had some random guys name as billing address and mine as shipping.

And to the question above it had the security tapes on the right and left side of the box that I had to cut through.
    03-07-15 10:05 AM
    I'm sorry to see you also got deceived and cheated by Digital River. Your phone is absolutely used or refurbished, but never brand new. I talked with BlackBerry, double seals mean opened and used Passport. Return it as soon as possible. Digital River is really nasty and intentionally deceptive.

I also got a used passport from Digital River with terrible scratches and dirty spots. They refused replacement aggressively and demanded me to return for refund. So I contacted BlackBerry company, they offered me a replacement very quickly. But unfortunately, the replacement still came from Digital River Return Center. What's worse, Digital River intentionally faced down the phone to the bottom of the package, and left the phone without any protection. So you know, the phone is damaged in shipping routine. It's screen doesn't work well, it's keyboard also has issues. To be contrast, all other four phones I ordered from Digital River were never faced down without shipping or handling damage. Only this replacement requested from BlackBerry is mistreated by Digital River. It exposed that Digital river doesn't want to do exchange, even it's promised and requested by BlackBerry headquarter.

This damaged replacement is already returned to BlackBerry headquarter. BlackBerry company said to send me another replacement. Hopefully, the next replacement is good without damage by Digital River.

Final conclusion, digital river really sucks and nasty.

Received my passport in less than 24 hours from time of order to delivery. Fastest shipping I have ever seen. But lo and behold it came from the plainfield return center.
    It's my second red passport. It looks brand new. Not a mark or scuff on it. The protective films were placed so precise that I don't think it's done by hand.
    The box was scuffed, scratched and faded and that got me worried.
    It has 2 seals on it one on the left and one on right side. No double tape or any indication that it was taped over.
    I have light bleed through the keyboard and that was an issue with my first passport. Still debating whether I want to go through the hassle of refund and buying another one cause of the light bleed. I'm going to shoot over an email to Blackberry and let them know of the issues . If it really bothers me I'm just going to return it and contact my CC company for a refund rather than go through Digital river. Did that the first time and refund was issued very quick.

Blackberry has to drop them asap.
    But can someone confirm that original brand new passports come with 2 security seals on left and right sides of box. Not top and bottom.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 11:41 AM
    You buy a BlackBerry with a coupon does Never Mean a used phone. A coupon, and a used phone are totally different stories. Digital River is nasty to sell used phones when a coupon applied. What's funny, coupons come from BlackBerry company, not provided by Digital River. Digital river makes lots of profits in recycling used phone as New when coupon some times used. This behavior is criminal, to customers but also to BlackBerry company.

Someone should report this criminal to police. More truth of this crime will come out to the public.

The reason they refuse exchange, is because they know they sell used or refurbished phones as new. It also violate the law to refuse exchange.

Holy ****, Digital River.
    03-07-15 11:57 AM
    Most of time, no coupon used in a purchase. You still would receive a used phone, as some customers already got such hit. And also extreme harassment by Digital River, when deal with it.
    03-07-15 12:01 PM
    People who return their devices where they shall go???

With diplomatic Passport
    You can either return to Digital River or to BlackBerry. But it's better to BlackBerry. If you return to Digital River, they will refurbish it and sell it as new to next customer.

Don't buy BlackBerry from Digital River. Digital River is not BlackBerry. It's a deceptive sale broker. It's a sale agent just maximizing its profits, but never cares of BlackBerry or customers.
    03-07-15 12:15 PM
    Keep in mind if you return for refund you have to pay to ship it back and they don't refund you the initial shipping charges. It was a $50 expense for me...... so the questions are do you take a 50 hit and buy a different one or accept a used one as a replacement...... both scenarios kind of annoy me since you are supposed to get a new one to begin with....

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 12:24 PM
    I'm sorry to see you also got deceived and cheated by Digital River. Your phone is absolutely used or refurbished, but never brand new. I talked with BlackBerry, double seals mean opened and used Passport. Return it as soon as possible. Digital River is really nasty and intentionally deceptive.

I also got a used passport from Digital River with terrible scratches and dirty spots. They refused replacement aggressively and demanded me to return for refund. So I contacted BlackBerry company, they offered me a replacement very quickly. But unfortunately, the replacement still came from Digital River Return Center. What's worse, Digital River intentionally faced down the phone to the bottom of the package, and left the phone without any protection. So you know, the phone is damaged in shipping routine. It's screen doesn't work well, it's keyboard also has issues. To be contrast, all other four phones I ordered from Digital River were never faced down without shipping or handling damage. Only this replacement requested from BlackBerry is mistreated by Digital River. It exposed that Digital river doesn't want to do exchange, even it's promised and requested by BlackBerry headquarter.

This damaged replacement is already returned to BlackBerry headquarter. BlackBerry company said to send me another replacement. Hopefully, the next replacement is good without damage by Digital River.

Final conclusion, digital river really sucks and nasty.
    Should I proceed with Blackberry as though I received a used refurbished device? The device I received from the Plainfield return center was spotless. But there is light bleed through the whole keyboard as opposed to the previous one I returned, that one had it on a few keys. I can see someone returning the one I received because of the light bleed prior to me receiving it.
    I really hate the light bleed. There's like a border of white light around ever single key.

And what is this double tape everyone keeps talking about? Is it security tape on top of security tape?

Edit:
    This says it all
    http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.digitalriver.com

What a load of sh*t
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/02/...er-experience/
    Instead of the upgrading the user experience online how about upgrading the customer service. Blackberry always seems to get it wrong when it matters.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by byex; 03-08-15 at 03:34 AM.
    03-08-15 01:41 AM
203 ... 6789