The phone will be new to you but most likely refurbished.....

Posted via CB10

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Last edited by Blackberryblade; 02-20-15 at 02:19 PM.
    02-20-15 01:58 PM
    The phone will be new to you but most likely refurbished.....

Posted via CB10
    I know, as long it it works I will let it pass. The phone is amazing.

But selling used as new is a very poor business practice. Especially since those that buy direct are most likely BB loyalists.

duckduke likes this.
    02-20-15 02:19 PM
    I know, as long it it works I will let it pass. The phone is amazing.

But selling used as new is a very poor business practice. Especially since those that buy direct are most likely BB loyalists.

So I phone to follow up and a new phone has not been shipped to me. And they now will not honour the coupon code... Wowoowowowowow.

So phone is going back and I am done with this.

Just hoping the lady I spoke with Wednesday isn't sending me a phone as shop blackberry could not find that re order in the system.

I have a feeling this isn't over with.

02-20-15 04:01 PM
    If another package comes do I refuse that package?

02-20-15 04:11 PM
    So I phone to follow up and a new phone has not been shipped to me. And they now will not honour the coupon code... Wowoowowowowow.

So phone is going back and I am done with this.

Just hoping the lady I spoke with Wednesday isn't sending me a phone as shop blackberry could not find that re order in the system.

I have a feeling this isn't over with.

Ya you either have to accept keeping a used one or re-order for full price and hope you are getting a new one. I told them on the phone I would buy one right then but they wouldn't honor the sale price with coupon. Sad because I have small issues with this one but don't want to get another return with possibly larger issues as a replacement. I decided in the end to keep what I have and if the issues get worse it will go back before my 30 days are up and that will be the end of it.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 04:31 PM
    The ShopBlackberry store not only nastily sells USED as NEW, but also acts a very offensive customer service. The Digital River man Jeman S denied my request for exchange, but only asked me to return it for refund. And also harass me and ask me to submit all of my information again which they already had.

I still reply to him that I want an exchange, not a return.

I will post the progress.

From their reply, it shows they already knew they are selling USED phones as NEW. This is why they deny exchange request.

I called Wednesday to return my old one for a new phone. Still don't have a confirmation email.

I just keep smiling and hope this will all work out.

02-20-15 04:31 PM
    So if shop blackberry sends me a new phone even though they say a new one isn't coming... Do I refuse shipment?

Sorry need an answer here as this is getting confusing dealing with these folks and I don't trust them when they say a new one wasn't ordered.

02-20-15 04:43 PM
    So if shop blackberry sends me a new phone even though they say a new one isn't coming... Do I refuse shipment?

Sorry need an answer here as this is getting confusing dealing with these folks and I don't trust them when they say a new one wasn't ordered.

If you requested a replacement just keep it and send your old one back in its place. They probably just got confused when you talked to them. If the new(refurbished) phone doesn't meet your standards send them both back and get your refund.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 05:07 PM
    Their offensive customer policy only exchanges with a used phone. This is really disgusting. They are selling used phone as new, and then replace still a used one. Such deceptive logic is evil and violates the law.

I just have a chance to contact a Blackberry employee. Notice, Blackberry employee is NEVER a Digital River worker. Hopefully, my case get resolved, but not have to keep a used Blackberry. This phone is a Valentines gift, but Digital River ruined my dates.

I will post what's next, I already emailed to a Blackberry employee in the hope to see what happen.

Ya you either have to accept keeping a used one or re-order for full price and hope you are getting a new one. I told them on the phone I would buy one right then but they wouldn't honor the sale price with coupon. Sad because I have small issues with this one but don't want to get another return with possibly larger issues as a replacement. I decided in the end to keep what I have and if the issues get worse it will go back before my 30 days are up and that will be the end of it.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 05:20 PM
    If you requested a replacement just keep it and send your old one back in its place. They probably just got confused when you talked to them. If the new(refurbished) phone doesn't meet your standards send them both back and get your refund.

Posted via CB10

Digital River's deceptive selling of USED as NEW actually ruins its business. No trust on them any more, and no buy.
    02-20-15 05:22 PM
    Their offensive customer policy only exchanges with a used phone. This is really disgusting. They are selling used phone as new, and then replace still a used one. Such deceptive logic is evil and violates the law.

I just have a chance to contact a Blackberry employee. Notice, Blackberry employee is NEVER a Digital River worker. Hopefully, my case get resolved, but not have to keep a used Blackberry. This phone is a Valentines gift, but Digital River ruined my dates.

I will post what's next, I already emailed to a Blackberry employee in the hope to see what happen.
    Please keep us updated. I just may go the same route as you if something positive comes out of it.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 05:24 PM
    Digital River is not Blackberry company, even though its behavior is damaging Blackberry company. The Blackberry employee also is outrageous to Digital River's deceptive sale.
    02-20-15 05:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    No confusion. When I spoke to the lady at DR she said no new phone is coming. Do you want to order one. At which point she said they would not honour my old price. So I said no new phone, I will just send it back for a full refund.

02-20-15 05:40 PM
    No confusion. When I spoke to the lady at DR she said no new phone is coming. Do you want to order one. At which point she said they would not honour my old price. So I said no new phone, I will just send it back for a full refund.

Oh ok so they said they would send you a phone but not a new one. They said the same to me.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 06:10 PM
    I ordered my black Passport in Sept sometime and a red one around Dec. I didn't notice where they came from just made sure there was no defects both physical and software through BBVE. The red showed a battery cycle of 1 which was cool to see. Doesn't mean that someone may not have returned it cause it was too big for them or whatever.

All I know and really care about is that they both are great devices with no issues. The black Passport has a loose volume up key, but barely noticeable and the Passport is so new I know my device wasn't built a year ago. If the hardware is good, everything checks out with BBVE, and the battery health is good and on top of that was purchased with a discount and coupon code I'd be fine with it.

I will reiterate from another post that I have been purchasing devices from DR since the BB10 launch and have not had any issues with any of them. Called to check on the status of one and they told me exactly where it was and that my tracking email would be received the next day which it was. Called another time and was BSing with a customer service rep and they honored a coupon code that didn't even exist when I purchased by sending me a refund the next day (didn't even know the code, just said people here were getting Passports for $150 off). I've only had positive experiences with them and with 10.3.1 may just be ordering a "new" Z30 for the discount they have running now.

I can understand if you paid for a new device you should get a new device. With the Passport being so new, if I ordered another and everything was perfect besides the fact that it came from one address rather than another I'd definitely be keeping it. If there are defects that's a different story. IDK though, don't work at DR so not sure what they consider acceptable for orders.

All of the devices I've ordered from them, including my mother's Z10 from launch back in 2013 some time, are still running great. Her Z10 is in a case and in better shape than my Z30 with a replacement screen, Z10 with a chip on it, both from the end of last year... just saying there are more important things to get worked up about unless you are getting a defective device. If the device is all good, use it and enjoy it!

Time is valuable and I wouldn't be spending it arguing or returning perfectly fine devices to DR hoping to get a new one. What if the new one has light bleed, loose keys, whatever... yet the first one was defect free. Then you'd be in a cycle of returning devices and buying new ones. Just not worth it to me. I'm well aware others will disagree with my post, but as always just my opinion!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 06:14 PM
    Oh ok so they said they would send you a phone but not a new one. They said the same to me.

Posted via CB10
    No they said no phone is showing to be sent out in their system even though one was supposed to ship out Wed.

02-20-15 06:22 PM
    No they said no phone is showing to be sent out in their system even though one was supposed to ship out Wed.

So it's just time to return it and be done with it. But I wouldn't be surprised to see a phone arrive.

I will get a passport again, as Amazon is shipping me a case and memory card. Unfortunately, I will have to wait till TELUS has a sale.

02-20-15 06:39 PM
    I ordered my black Passport in Sept sometime and a red one around Dec. I didn't notice where they came from just made sure there was no defects both physical and software through BBVE. The red showed a battery cycle of 1 which was cool to see. Doesn't mean that someone may not have returned it cause it was too big for them or whatever.

All I know and really care about is that they both are great devices with no issues. The black Passport has a loose volume up key, but barely noticeable and the Passport is so new I know my device wasn't built a year ago. If the hardware is good, everything checks out with BBVE, and the battery health is good and on top of that was purchased with a discount and coupon code I'd be fine with it.

I will reiterate from another post that I have been purchasing devices from DR since the BB10 launch and have not had any issues with any of them. Called to check on the status of one and they told me exactly where it was and that my tracking email would be received the next day which it was. Called another time and was BSing with a customer service rep and they honored a coupon code that didn't even exist when I purchased by sending me a refund the next day (didn't even know the code, just said people here were getting Passports for $150 off). I've only had positive experiences with them and with 10.3.1 may just be ordering a "new" Z30 for the discount they have running now.

I can understand if you paid for a new device you should get a new device. With the Passport being so new, if I ordered another and everything was perfect besides the fact that it came from one address rather than another I'd definitely be keeping it. If there are defects that's a different story. IDK though, don't work at DR so not sure what they consider acceptable for orders.

All of the devices I've ordered from them, including my mother's Z10 from launch back in 2013 some time, are still running great. Her Z10 is in a case and in better shape than my Z30 with a replacement screen, Z10 with a chip on it, both from the end of last year... just saying there are more important things to get worked up about unless you are getting a defective device. If the device is all good, use it and enjoy it!

Time is valuable and I wouldn't be spending it arguing or returning perfectly fine devices to DR hoping to get a new one. What if the new one has light bleed, loose keys, whatever... yet the first one was defect free. Then you'd be in a cycle of returning devices and buying new ones. Just not worth it to me. I'm well aware others will disagree with my post, but as always just my opinion!

Posted via CB10
    Glad you had a good experience.

I agree, if the device is working keep it. The time on the phone is a hassle. If all my keys were working I would keep my phone for sure. If the device was good my experience with DR would have been perfect.....

02-20-15 06:41 PM
    Glad you had a good experience.

I agree, if the device is working keep it. The time on the phone is a hassle. If all my keys were working I would keep my phone for sure. If the device was good my experience with DR would have been perfect.....

Gotcha, I know some have had their issues with DR and was fully expecting to get bashed for that post. I honestly did not read every post in this thread, but just a general idea and it seemed like some that used the sale and a coupon got a perfectly functional device, but were returning them because they came from the return address then mad they could not use the coupon code again (which technically should not have been stackable as stated right in the description by DR).

Clearly, if there was an issue with the device, my opinion would be different. I can only imagine how many returns DR received on absolutely fine devices due to the fact that here in the US there was no way to test or even look and hold the device without purchasing and then returning if not what expected. I couldn't tell you what address the black or red Passport came from, but they have been awesome since purchased!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 08:25 PM
    Gotcha, I know some have had their issues with DR and was fully expecting to get bashed for that post. I honestly did not read every post in this thread, but just a general idea and it seemed like some that used the sale and a coupon got a perfectly functional device, but were returning them because they came from the return address then mad they could not use the coupon code again (which technically should not have been stackable as stated right in the description by DR).

Clearly, if there was an issue with the device, my opinion would be different. I can only imagine how many returns DR received on absolutely fine devices due to the fact that here in the US there was no way to test or even look and hold the device without purchasing and then returning if not what expected. I couldn't tell you what address the black or red Passport came from, but they have been awesome since purchased!

Posted via CB10
    Nah no bashing bud.

I wish I had a workable Device. Now I am told I can't get another device at the same price....despite being told a new device at the same price was on the way... I guess it's my fault it didn't work..

.. I'm not being a downer just frustrated as I really wanted this device. Now I have a case and a memory card and no phone to be honest it seems weird that it will take 3 days to generate a shipping label... So I am told to call back next week if it doesn't arrive in my inbox... Everything just seems Very shady.

02-20-15 09:28 PM
    I don't know about everyone else... But when I buy a new device, I want a new device... It being defect free is sort of a given. It's new. It should be defect free.

If I paid for a new device, and received a used device... I don't care if it is defect free. It is still used. Which is not what I paid for. Call me crazy, but I don't think it is so much to ask for a manufacturer to try and give a paying customer a brand new defect free device.
    JRuppenthal likes this.
    02-20-15 09:40 PM
    +1

02-20-15 10:01 PM
    +2

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree with this. The Black PP I received was without any detected flaws, had all protective sheets on top, bottom, front, back and had no appearance of use. I downloaded Battery Pal and found 1 battery cycle that I had just unplugged from. Lucky and thankful I am keeping my PP.

I certainly agree with everyone, what DR is doing (selling used as new) is clearly not right and possibly unlawful. I hate it most for BB. I have been a strong supporter of BB for a long time but this does nothing for their position in the US, even with some great new devices and OS.

The PP list price was $699 and it was selling normally at $599. The sale reduced it to $499 and with the stackable code I paid $399. Hell of a deal, especially since AT&T is selling for $649. But, if anything is used or refurbished it should not be sold as new. I actually think mine was an "open box" rather than NIB.

Again, I feel fortunate that I don't have an issue and I'm keeping mine.

I hope that everyone here is able resolve their given situation. And I really hope BB does something to improve/correct the selling practices of DR.

(BTW--- This was my first experience with DR and probably my last.)
    02-21-15 08:32 AM
    I agree with this. The Black PP I received was without any detected flaws, had all protective sheets on top, bottom, front, back and had no appearance of use. I downloaded Battery Pal and found 1 battery cycle that I had just unplugged from. Lucky and thankful I am keeping my PP.

I certainly agree with everyone, what DR is doing (selling used as new) is clearly not right and possibly unlawful. I hate it most for BB. I have been a strong supporter of BB for a long time but this does nothing for their position in the US, even with some great new devices and OS.

The PP list price was $699 and it was selling normally at $599. The sale reduced it to $499 and with the stackable code I paid $399. Hell of a deal, especially since AT&T is selling for $649. But, if anything is used or refurbished it should not be sold as new. I actually think mine was an "open box" rather than NIB.

Again, I feel fortunate that I don't have an issue and I'm keeping mine.

I hope that everyone here is able resolve their given situation. And I really hope BB does something to improve/correct the selling practices of DR.

(BTW--- This was my first experience with DR and probably my last.)
    Well I just installed the update and first thing I did was check the battery cycle count and low and behold it went back to 1. I checked with BaSa and Power Tools. I guess checking the battery cycle really isn't a way to check if the phone is new or used for the passport. My Z30 cycle count is over 300 so even after updates and security wipes that is still accurate.....

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:50 PM
203 ... 56789