I have made many purchases via amazon in the usa & also in the EU with very good experience including high priced electronics. Generally amazon has very good customer service & will make it right... good luck! For certain amazon is a lot easier to deal with than digitalriver who is BlackBerry 's fulfillment in the usa...

Going to email amazon and try getting a disocunt or replacement.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 10:40 PM
    So would plugging your phone in the computer doing a device switch count as 1 charge and then plugging it in to charge to 100% count as another charge? Just asking because mine has 2 cycles on it now and that's what I did....
    Haven't checked this thread in a while, but can't believe I've had the black Passport I'm typing on since September! Through shopblackberry sales I've purchased a Z10 a few Z30s and a black and red Passport. The only two with zero defects are the two Passports. (my own fault on the others) The only issue with the black was a loose volume key if messed with. Nothing noticeable.

Shopblackberry has been excellent to me, from customer service to coupon refunds, etc. What app are you using for the cycle count? I use BaSa, props to the dev as it is an awesome app that compliments the device monitor very well. Anyway, doing the device switch then charging after unplugging can result in two battery cycles. The dev of the app I'm using (Battery and System Analyzer) explained this in another thread. I would think you are good and the phone has not been used.

When I received the red Passport I checked for any hardware issues and ran through all of BBVE. If all is well then you are good to go. BBVE will catch anything you might miss. From my understanding of the devs explanation plugging in to computer is a charge then plugging in to wall to 100% = 2 charges.

Again, if there are no hardware issues and BBVE is good then enjoy your new Passport. It's really an amazing device! Maybe the dev will chime in, but seems you are good to go! Both the black and red Passports I have are in perfect condition still. The black is my daily since activated beginning of October and now on battery cycle 55. Awesome battery life, great device!

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    02-19-15 01:05 AM
    I use Basa as well. I experimented by plugging into my computer again for about an hour but the battery count stayed at 2. I also plugged into the wall for an hour and still stayed at 2. When I did my initial device switch it didn't charge to 100% when I plugged it in the computer. I only fully charged the phone to 100% once.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 06:29 AM
    I use Basa as well. I experimented by plugging into my computer again for about an hour but the battery count stayed at 2. I also plugged into the wall for an hour and still stayed at 2. When I did my initial device switch it didn't charge to 100% when I plugged it in the computer. I only fully charged the phone to 100% once.

Posted via CB10
    I know the dev can explain how the cycle counts much better. I mostly charge my devices from maybe 10-90, with an occasional full charge and the cycles still show. Really not 100% sure what to tell ya. I'll try to find the thread with the explanation later tonight after work. Think it was in the Z30 forum.

Again though, if your hardware is good and BBVE tests everything as PASS, I personally wouldn't really obsess over it although I understand your issue if you believe it was a used device. I'm sure there are many that buy the Passport and realize it's just not for them or don't give enough time to adjust to the different form factor leading to plenty of returns that aren't defective devices.

I'll see if I can find more on the cycle count or if you really want to have a better idea then just send an email to the dev. I've contacted him once and got a reply a little later that day. Just had a question and suggestion for improvement; dev is very nice! Hope you are enjoying the Passport anyway!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 10:39 AM
    I also received a used Passport from this return center yesterday . Used blackberry sold as new. This is not only nasty, but violates the law.

I received a USED passport from the same return centre. Not sure why Blackberry selling used/returned phones as new. I did contact Digital River for full refund. I will think twice if I need to order again.
    02-19-15 01:38 PM
    It's illegal to sell used as new under the table in darkness, anyone wants to lawsuits it?

UOTE=patapoof;11241812]I asked where it is for a reason. Sale of used as new is illegal. In quantity, it moves from petty crime to felony. Knowledge of its occurrence by managerial personnel who look the other way is conspiracy. Selling across state lines involves federal law via interstate commerce provisions in federal statutes & cooperation amongst individuals & corporate entities to this end constitutes racketeering... the FBI has jurisdiction & the justice department does any legal work if indictments are handed up... the regulatory agency is the Federal Trade Commission & that agency may also cover cross border issues to other countries...not sure of that or if complaints to them get handed off to another office... if anyone were to be angry enough, things can be done.. just sayin' !!![/QUOTE]
    02-19-15 01:48 PM
    I already request an exchange for a New Blackberry Passport. Will post its progress. I'm a loyal customer to Shopblackberry store, bought 4 phones including Passport and Z30. But this deceptive sale broke my trust. I would never buy anything from it.
    02-19-15 02:51 PM
    I already request an exchange for a New Blackberry Passport. Will post its progress. I'm a loyal customer to Shopblackberry store, bought 4 phones including Passport and Z30. But this deceptive sale broke my trust. I would never buy anything from it.
    I went this route also. My fingers are crossed.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-19-15 02:59 PM
    I hate to say this but I called them and they said exchanges are usually replaced with refurbished phones(standard practice). They wouldn't guarantee me a new never used phone if I send mine back.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 03:00 PM
    I hate to say this but I called them and they said exchanges are usually replaced with refurbished phones(standard practice). They wouldn't guarantee me a new never used phone if I send mine back.

Posted via CB10
    So you pay for a NEW phone... They send a used/refurb.

You send back the used/refurb. They send you another used/refurb.

Excellent business practice.
    02-19-15 04:01 PM
    So you pay for a NEW phone... They send a used/refurb.

You send back the used/refurb. They send you another used/refurb.

Excellent business practice.
    That is exactly it. The only option is to return it for a full refund and buy another hoping it is new and not the same one you sent back.....

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 04:07 PM
    Battery cycle can't really be used to determine if the device is new or not. If the reading is anything other than "1"

Posted via CB10

Taken from: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11146392

Hey Folks!

I was told that here are a few talking about one of my apps... (BaSA)

Regarding the cycle count, this is a value which the system delivers and I thought also a long time that this value is not correct and simply wrong, but my mind changed.

I have now not a screenshot which shows what I mean, but look at the power graph of the Battery at your device when you have plugged it in while you continue to use it.

Usually would look like this:
    Attachment 319497

At the blue power graph you see, the device is either charging or discharging. The power is positive or negative. At this screenshot on the left charging, in the center based on the usage how much power gets sucked from the battery and on the right again charging.

But when you plugin your Device and continue to read mails, BBM, Browser, enjoy a cool tower defense game or something else you will see that even while plugged and charging (especially at a USB port of a PC which delivers only 500mA instead of 1200mA or maybe 2A of a socket charger) the power is not always getting into the battery... there will be moments at which your device needs more power than the charging current delivers at this moment. And each time the power graph crosses the zero line it will count as a charge cycle since the energy begins short afterwards to get again into the battery instead of out.

This doesn't really hurt or damages your battery... it will survive... but it is a explanation why some have 24 charging cycles at the electronic of their battery after 2 weeks, and others 500 cycle counts in the same timeframe. It shouldn't be a big issue for your battery... but I would still suggest to do a full charge and full decharge when you get a fresh device. Afterwards, just use it and enjoy.
    02-19-15 05:01 PM
    Battery cycle can't really be used to determine if the device is new or not. If the reading is anything other than "1"

Taken from: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11146392
    Thanks for the info! Helps to understand the readings!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 10:09 PM
    If ShopBlackBerry has that aggressive return policy and also such deceptive sale policy, it TRULY ruins BlackBerry and destroys its reputation. They are selling used phone as new, but not to correct their deceptive behavior and exchange new phone. That would let more and more people stop buying BlackBerry and also stop using BlackBerry. At lease I will try my best to dissuade any of my friends to buy anything from ShopBlackberry store. They are directly associated with the company BlackBerry. From this point, no one would believe the company BlackBerry would do better than its own store.

It needs lawsuit to correct BlackBerry, like BlackBerry law sued TYPO the keyboard maker.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 10:51 PM
    I would not want a used phone what with all the published studies of the infected material found there... do you think they disassemble returned fones to sterilize them, or even wipe them off? I have purchased used computers from dell & IBM/Lenovo & they were absolutely indistinguishable from new... I opened them even finding the interior to be clean... here we read BlackBerry sends out dirty & scratched phones as new... shameful & very likely illegal... this company has a 30 day return policy... where do you think all those fones go? ...I don't see an outlet store... is there a mountain of these somewhere in the mountains or tundra? No... I think they pawn them off as new... desparation...
    jmr1015 likes this.
    02-19-15 11:04 PM
    The Blackberry passport I received yesterday is a used one. The first calling date was Dec. 25, 2015. But my order date is Feb. 13, 2015. The phone came with three long scratches on the back. W[BOX][/BOX]hat's worse, the Z30 is also a used one. Ordered in December, but first use occurred in October .

I would not want a used phone what with all the published studies of the infected material found there... do you think they disassemble returned fones to sterilize them, or even wipe them off? I have purchased used computers from dell & IBM/Lenovo & they were absolutely indistinguishable from new... I opened them even finding the interior to be clean... here we read BlackBerry sends out dirty & scratched phones as new... shameful & very likely illegal... this company has a 30 day return policy... where do you think all those fones go? ...I don't see an outlet store... is there a mountain of these somewhere in the mountains or tundra? No... I think they pawn them off as new... desparation...
    Attached Thumbnails Received a used Passport as "new" from Shop BlackBerry-img_20150219_234326.jpg   Received a used Passport as "new" from Shop BlackBerry-img_20150219_234750.jpg   Received a used Passport as "new" from Shop BlackBerry-img_20150219_234810.jpg   Received a used Passport as "new" from Shop BlackBerry-img_20150219_234836.jpg   Received a used Passport as "new" from Shop BlackBerry-img_20150220_001217.jpg  

02-20-15 02:13 AM
    The Blackberry Passport came with one single unbroken seal on the box. But the Z30 is two layers of seals, with one broken seal. The sender address is Digital River Return Center. The Passport was wrapped with all plastics, seems like they tried to refurbish it and let it look like new. I trust BlackBerry, but after these deceptive sales. I would never buy or trust BlackBerry again. I purchased it on sale. But Valentines day sale never leaned selling used as new. Coupon doesn't mean used phone. Otherwise, I would never use a coupon. For a $599 or even $699 retail price, most of people would not buy it.
    Attached Thumbnails Received a used Passport as "new" from Shop BlackBerry-img_20150220_001711.jpg   Received a used Passport as "new" from Shop BlackBerry-img_20150220_001451.jpg   Received a used Passport as "new" from Shop BlackBerry-img_20150220_002505.jpg   Received a used Passport as "new" from Shop BlackBerry-img_20150220_001901.jpg   Received a used Passport as "new" from Shop BlackBerry-img_20150220_002723.jpg  

Received a used Passport as "new" from Shop BlackBerry-img_20150220_002748.jpg  
    02-20-15 02:47 AM
    My unit had double layers of tape too. And after a while I noticed a wiggly usb connector and non flush headphones connector.

I bought my Passport unlocked from Expansys Sweden. They where willing to replace it, but I should have to wait at least two weeks. And after reading about replacement units also being opened/refurbed I will keep this one.

I'm happy with it, and it's the best device I have ever had (coming from iPhone).

I actually think BlackBerry is doing something good with rotating units instead of just producing more new ones. We have full waranty and great device, and at the same time saving some of our resources and environment.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 04:00 AM
    The Blackberry passport I received yesterday is a used one. The first calling date was Dec. 25, 2015. But my order date is Feb. 13, 2015. The phone came with three long scratches on the back. W[BOX][/BOX]hat's worse, the Z30 is also a used one. Ordered in December, but first use occurred in October .
    How did you do that? Usage details?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 05:16 AM
    Funny thing mine says since November..... box says build date near the end of December.... maybe doing a device switch imports that info?
    Edit-Just checked my old phone and I had done a security wipe on it after switching phones and the counter was reset to 0. That tells me the counter numbers transfer when doing a device switch.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Stomps01; 02-20-15 at 07:01 AM.
    02-20-15 05:18 AM
    Ok so are all these sales for used phones? It almost seems that is the case here.

Did anybody that paid full price with no coupon code get a used one?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:05 AM
    Ok so are all these sales for used phones? It almost seems that is the case here.

Did anybody that paid full price with no coupon code get a used one?

Posted via CB10
    I wonder the same thing.

02-20-15 01:26 PM
    I called Wednesday to return my old one for a new phone. Still don't have a confirmation email.

I just keep smiling and hope this will all work out.

02-20-15 01:27 PM
    I called Wednesday to return my old one for a new phone. Still don't have a confirmation email.

I just keep smiling and hope this will all work out.

The phone will be new to you but most likely refurbished.....

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 01:34 PM
    Not Passport related, but had the same thing from Amazon with a Classic. Ordered a new one, received one that was used. Previous owner bb id was logged in so I couldn't log in with my information. Amazon took it back and refunded me, but couldn't replace as they were out of stock at the time.
    02-20-15 01:58 PM
203 ... 45678 ...