We in the usa don't appreciate what our lifestyle & consumer protection laws affords until we experience the way. It is elsewhere... blackberry experience more closely approximates the experience in the EU where the government has its nose in everyone's business & cellular or other utilities are supercilious beyond belief... does anyone know find it disgraceful blackberry doesn't even explain these horrible abuses supplying substandard product or service to some (but not all or even most) customers?
    01-04-15 12:32 AM
    I would be livid!!!! Even the guys at my local corp Rogers Wireless store never opens up my reserved devices. Since I re-sell my devices even the boxes have to be pristine.

Having three layers of tape or having the devices used, I would decline and demand a new one.

As a consumer it is within you rights!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 01-07-15 at 06:24 AM.
    01-04-15 01:54 AM
    Hi there, I just received a passport from Shop BB and it also came from the returns center in Plainsfield. I was wondering how you check the battery cycles?
    01-06-15 09:27 PM
    Hi there, I just received a passport from Shop BB and it also came from the returns center in Plainsfield. I was wondering how you check the battery cycles?
    Check out Batterypal in BB World

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 11:12 PM
    What happens when you go into Settings then About, then use the pull down to select Life Data? This should tell you if the phone is used as it will show all life timers and calls even if the phone has been wiped.
    01-07-15 10:04 AM
    What happens when you go into Settings then About, then use the pull down to select Life Data? This should tell you if the phone is used as it will show all life timers and calls even if the phone has been wiped.
    Screen shot?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 10:14 AM
    There is no such "Life Data" to select under "About" as you mentioned.
    01-07-15 10:21 AM
    There is no such information on BlackBerry 10 that I know of. The option you mentioned does not exist.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 10:33 AM
    I do not find it either... is it hidden & accessible someway or is it gone on passport stock up to date ??
    01-07-15 11:19 AM
    Ugh crap. Just got mine sent to my apartment and it said "Plainfield Return Center" -- i've yet to open it and quite frankly am NOT looking forward to it.
    01-07-15 01:21 PM
    where is plainfield located ??
    01-07-15 01:53 PM
    I bet customs opened it because it looked weird on the x-ray.
    What is this?.. Looks like a giant "immortal" battery!

only one way that you can get it factory unlocked without a carrier contract, and that is Shop BlackBerry Canada
    I'm lucky I guess, I've gone into my carriers' store, bought an unlocked device, and walked right out with it still sealed in the box but I don't think they're supposed to do that and probably you can't get the red one there

Sorry to hear of your experiences, OP. I don't like spending time or effort for others' mistakes either.
    01-07-15 02:18 PM
    Mine arrived today and it was sent from the returns center in Plainsfield.

1) The unit appears brand spanking new
    2) Only had single tape on the box
    3) Using Battery Pal it says 0 charges

I'm confident that even though the label says it came from the return center that it is in fact brand new and never used..
    01-08-15 04:16 PM
    Mine arrived today and it was sent from the returns center in Plainsfield.

1) The unit appears brand spanking new
    2) Only had single tape on the box
    3) Using Battery Pal it says 0 charges

I'm confident that even though the label says it came from the return center that it is in fact brand new and never used..
    That does sound like a new unit.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 04:18 PM
    Bump...

where is plainfield located ??
    01-08-15 05:43 PM
    Bump...
    It's in Indiana right outside of Indianapolis..
    01-08-15 05:49 PM
    True story. I bought halo 3 from walmart brand new and it had a copy of halo 2 map pack in it for the original Xbox instead of halo 3. **** happens was a huge hassle as well.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-08-15 07:54 PM
    I'm just asking you don't have to be rude.

You made a thread did you not expect someone to ask you any questions?

Posted via CB10
    A polite way to ask would have gone something like: "Not to pry, but I was under the impression that new Passports went for considerably less than $900-- why were you charged so much?"
    Instead you chose to ask a mildly snarky tone that had a dash of suspicion and a pinch of accusation.
    If it bothers you to receive a response in kind, try to frame your question more politely next time.
    Alternatively, grow a thicker skin. Your choice.
    [I know that nobody asked my opinion but the sort of double-standard your reaction demonstrates gets under my skin.
    Now that I am finished offending all concerned, I'll grow a thick skin and duck.]

Posted Via ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.1.1154 CB10
    jmr1015, dejanh, EsJayDee and 1 others like this.
    01-08-15 08:16 PM
    I asked where it is for a reason. Sale of used as new is illegal. In quantity, it moves from petty crime to felony. Knowledge of its occurrence by managerial personnel who look the other way is conspiracy. Selling across state lines involves federal law via interstate commerce provisions in federal statutes & cooperation amongst individuals & corporate entities to this end constitutes racketeering... the FBI has jurisdiction & the justice department does any legal work if indictments are handed up... the regulatory agency is the Federal Trade Commission & that agency may also cover cross border issues to other countries...not sure of that or if complaints to them get handed off to another office... if anyone were to be angry enough, things can be done.. just sayin' !!!
    It's in Indiana right outside of Indianapolis..
    Last edited by patapoof; 01-09-15 at 11:34 AM.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    01-08-15 10:52 PM
    Okay, where are we on this? Did the OP get hold of a BlackBerry customer service representative to resolve this?
    01-10-15 03:17 PM
    NOOOOOOO, just checked my box and found the same return center address. I received it last night and was suspicious because the seal has had been cut and taped over. Box has few scratches as all as the plastic protector seemed to be removed before.

i paid top dollar for a NEW device from shopBB and expect a NEW device. What now??
    01-10-15 03:46 PM
    Okay, where are we on this? Did the OP get hold of a BlackBerry customer service representative to resolve this?
    That guy has no credibility, don't expect any follow ups because he never does. Just complaints.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    01-10-15 04:04 PM
    NOOOOOOO, just checked my box and found the same return center address. I received it last night and was suspicious because the seal has had been cut and taped over. Box has few scratches as all as the plastic protector seemed to be removed before.

i paid top dollar for a NEW device from shopBB and expect a NEW device. What now??
    I received a USED passport from the same return centre. Not sure why Blackberry selling used/returned phones as new. I did contact Digital River for full refund. I will think twice if I need to order again.
    01-11-15 01:52 AM
    EDIT: Completely off topic... bungaboy, your avatar is from one of the best movies ever made. Well done!

Z10-9900-Playbook
    01-11-15 02:14 AM
    I asked where it is for a reason. Sale of used as new is illegal. In quantity, it moves from petty crime to felony. Knowledge of its occurrence by managerial personnel who look the other way is conspiracy. Selling across state lines involves federal law via interstate commerce provisions in federal statutes & cooperation amongst individuals & corporate entities to this end constitutes racketeering... the FBI has jurisdiction & the justice department does any legal work if indictments are handed up... the regulatory agency is the Federal Trade Commission & that agency may also cover cross border issues to other countries...not sure of that or if complaints to them get handed off to another office... if anyone were to be angry enough, things can be done.. just sayin' !!!
    Seriously this. If many people are getting used devices when ordering new, this is clearly not a mistake...
    01-11-15 02:38 AM
203 ... 23456 ...