I'm just asking you don't have to be rude.

You made a thread did you not expect someone to ask you any questions?

Posted via CB10
    The Passport was at U$ 500 only for a sale period in the US. The normal (sale) price is U$ 599. Full price would be U$699.-That's for the black version- If you did read it well, dejanh gave the value in CAD which points to Canada shop/location. And he bought the red one which is about U$100 more expensive. Hope that explains his reaction.

@ dejanh: You may have bought about a dozen of PP and have probably made similar number of complaint and/or enquiries for returning and exchanging for proper new products. Perhaps they messed it up getting confuse as your name appears as many different entries in their system. If this is true, it further explains how scre* up they are.
    01-01-15 09:57 PM
    I'm thinking the guy that owned your "new" phone before you returned it for the dead pixels. I'd call BlackBerry themselves.

From all the horror stories I hear about digital river, I wonder two things; 1) why does BlackBerry continue to do business with them, and 2) why do CrackBerry people do the same?

Posted via CB10
    Some of us don't have a choice. In Canada there are only two ways you can get a Passport, and only one way that you can get it factory unlocked without a carrier contract, and that is Shop BlackBerry Canada. We don't have another option here. I would much rather deal with Amazon, but it isn't an option. I agree with the rest of your post. I think that this device had a faulty keyboard and display, and that the scratches to the decorative trim were made in the process of repairing the

The Passport was at U$ 500 only for a sale period in the US. The normal (sale) price is U$ 599. Full price would be U$699.-That's for the black version- If you did read it well, dejanh gave the value in CAD which points to Canada shop/location. And he bought the red one which is about U$100 more expensive. Hope that explains his reaction.

@ dejanh: You may have bought about a dozen of PP and have probably made similar number of complaint and/or enquiries for returning and exchanging for proper new products. Perhaps they messed it up getting confuse as your name appears as many different entries in their system. If this is true, it further explains how scre* up they are.
    This thought has crossed my mind as well. I don't think that's the case, but at the end of the day, it does not make much of a difference. A mistake is a mistake is a mistake.
    jupiter8 likes this.
    01-01-15 10:46 PM
    Some of us don't have a choice. In Canada there are only two ways you can get a Passport, and only one way that you can get it factory unlocked without a carrier contract, and that is Shop BlackBerry Canada. We don't have another option here. I would much rather deal with Amazon, but it isn't an option. I agree with the rest of your post. I think that this device had a faulty keyboard and display, and that the scratches to the decorative trim were made in the process of repairing the
    I'm not trying to contradict you, and if you say you can't buy from Amazon US, I'll take your word for it. I was not aware of that, it must suck. I do find it odd though as I shop at Amazon France all the time as a US resident, and I've shopped at Amazon Canada also for French books.

Anyway, I feel for you. I'd be mighty upset if it happened to me. Good luck getting it sorted out without too much more wasted time or money.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 12:18 AM
    Yes, let's see what happens. I will give them until end of this coming week to provide a resolution, and after that I am filing a claim with PayPal.
    01-02-15 01:46 AM
    I'm not trying to contradict you, and if you say you can't buy from Amazon US, I'll take your word for it. I was not aware of that, it must suck. I do find it odd though as I shop at Amazon France all the time as a US resident, and I've shopped at Amazon Canada also for French books.

Anyway, I feel for you. I'd be mighty upset if it happened to me. Good luck getting it sorted out without too much more wasted time or money.

Posted via CB10
    A bit off topic, but yes you can buy a new Passport from amazon.com and have it shipped to Canada. That's how I got mine on the Black Friday sale.

On topic, hopefully this (passing off a used Passport for a new one) is just a mistake that will be resolved by shopblackberry.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 02:02 AM
    A bit off topic, but yes you can buy a new Passport from amazon.com and have it shipped to Canada. That's how I got mine on the Black Friday sale.

On topic, hopefully this (passing off a used Passport for a new one) is just a mistake that will be resolved by shopblackberry.

Posted via CB10
    No, not unless you are willing to pay substantially more. The CAD $ vs. US $ is sitting at around 1.20:1 right now. The white and red do not ship to Canada at all so moot point.
    01-02-15 02:05 AM
    No, not unless you are willing to pay substantially more. The CAD $ vs. US $ is sitting at around 1.20:1 right now. The white and red do not ship to Canada at all so moot point.
    You probably could start to use a mail forwarding service (I hope that's the correct term) that ships your online stuff to Canada from the US?

Maybe that's what the user meant?
    I know quite a lot of people who that in Europe, but the Euro is stronger than the Dollar, so those people usually save around 30%.
    The biggest reason being, that pretty much all products in the consumer electronics sector (cars too, and other stuff obviously as well) have a 1:1 price conversion between dollar and euro.
    A 400 Euro phone will usually cost 400 Dollar and vice versa.
    01-02-15 03:02 AM
    I know quite a lot of people who that in Europe, but the Euro is stronger than the Dollar, so those people usually save around 30%.
    The biggest reason being, that pretty much all products in the consumer electronics sector (cars too, and other stuff obviously as well) have a 1:1 price conversion between dollar and euro.
    A 400 Euro phone will usually cost 400 Dollar and vice versa.
    No.

You have to pay import tax and VAT if importing from outside EU.

In my country it easily adds up to 30% and many A brands have the same price world wide anyway.
    01-02-15 07:08 AM
    No.

You have to pay import tax and VAT if importing from outside EU.

In my country it easily adds up to 30% and many A brands have the same price world wide anyway.
    Not if you stay under X amount of money, usually not when the packet is declared as a present, and the best thing you can have is someone who lives in the US sending you your stuff.

Amazon, and a lot of other online vendors, sold their products without/didn't collect (IIRC there will be a change in the law though) any VAT on their sold items (or rather sales tax in the case of the US).
    So the only thing to worry were the import charges, and those could have been circumvented as well.
    Be it through luck or another more....
    Forceful method.

PS:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworst...s-sales-taxes/

"The interesting part of this is that Amazon has, in the past, been vehemently against the idea of sales tax upon goods sold online. Yet now it seems to be coming around to the idea that all such sales should indeed collect the relevant sales tax:

Amazon has agreed to collect sales tax in a growing number of states as it expands its warehouse network. Until recently, Amazon had been fighting fiercely not to collect sales tax in most states � which it considers a key advantage over brick-and-mortar retailers. Court decisions generally allow only states in which a retailer maintains a physical presence to require the retailers to collect sales tax."
    01-02-15 09:20 AM
    Give 'em a business day or two to fix it -- with free overnight shipping. If they still don't fix it, call your credit card company and begin the refund process. Most warrant products bought with their cards from defects or fraud in the first 60 days.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 10:38 AM
    Where are the pics and video of this used red passport? What about a screen of the custom charges or did I miss it somewhere on the thread?

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    01-02-15 10:39 AM
    I feel like I'm reading about a Rogers Wireless experience. This is a normal story for those morons .

Posted via CB10
    My amazon passport was new, phew..
    But Rogers has sent me used phones a few times.. my z10 the sim card was even activated, 8220 had some nasty pics on it, my 9800 was scratches and had to screen protector.. company's be wilding

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-02-15 11:22 AM
    Where are the pics and video of this used red passport? What about a screen of the custom charges or did I miss it somewhere on the thread?

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    Don't be a fool. Both BlackBerry and FedEx are currently working on the issue and all appropriate documents have been provided to them. Just for you I'll muster up some documentation for this thread as well

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 11:35 AM
    You have to give it to dejahn. He just keeps buying them no matter what happens. One problem after the other.

I think the DR guys are just messing with him intentionally at this point. You know at some point he's just going to receive a box with some rocks and a dead bird in it.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 12:03 PM
    You have to give it to dejahn. He just keeps buying them no matter what happens. One problem after the other.

I think the DR guys are just messing with him intentionally at this point. You know at some point he's just going to receive a box with some rocks and a dead bird in it.

Posted via CB10
    They're going to send him a box with some fresh picked blackberries and a literal paper passport... and some people here will still be like "Well did it specifically say you were ordering a phone? It just said BlackBerry Passport, and that's what you got, so I don't think it's ShopBB or BlackBerry's fault."
    Last edited by jmr1015; 01-02-15 at 08:52 PM.
    01-02-15 02:13 PM
    Don't be a fool. Both BlackBerry and FedEx are currently working on the issue and all appropriate documents have been provided to them. Just for you I'll muster up some documentation for this thread as well

Posted via CB10
    Cmon Dejanh, like people say screenshot or it didn't happen.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    01-02-15 03:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    There was a story where a guy mailed a box with a dead mouse inside sent to this elderly lady, all she did was whine and complain all while disrespecting the workers, one day someone in the company sent her the package.

I never head anything else after that.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    01-02-15 03:31 PM
    My guess is that shopbb decided to send you one of your 11 Passports back to you.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 03:59 PM
    My guess is that shopbb decided to send you one of your 11 Passports back to you.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. I was thinking the same thing. I would have moved on long before this.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    01-02-15 04:27 PM
    There was a story where a guy mailed a box with a dead mouse inside sent to this elderly lady, all she did was whine and complain all while disrespecting the workers, one day someone in the company sent her the package.

I never head anything else after that.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    I returned an item that I bought from a seller on eBay years ago. I can't remember the specifics or even what I purchased but I do recall he was not happy about having to accept a return. About a week later he sent me a gift.. it was a used pacifier on a clip. I laughed my a$$ off.

Posted via CB10
    jdesignz, TrueKulcha and EsJayDee like this.
    01-02-15 04:51 PM
    Lol that is hilarious!

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    01-02-15 06:48 PM
    I received my Passport promptly from Digital River and it came from Plainfield too. The phone appears to be new, although my blacks on my screen don't appear to be as black as to the blacks on my Z30. My box looked new and was a little dusty. It looks to me it has 3 layers of clear tape for the box seal. It makes me wonder??? .... especially after reading this post.

On a good note; they charged me correctly

Posted via CB10
    i believe mine is new. I checked my battery cycles and I'm only at 4 cycles. (plus it looks new too in every way). I'm happy

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:32 PM
    I can tell the difference between new and used usually by the smell of the device

Posted via CB10
    jdesignz and EsJayDee like this.
    01-03-15 11:37 PM
    I can tell the difference between new and used usually by the smell of the device

Posted via CB10
    this topic just got wierd...
    01-03-15 11:52 PM
    i believe mine is new. I checked my battery cycles and I'm only at 4 cycles. (plus it looks new too in every way). I'm happy

Posted via CB10
    Mine came in perfect condition. Still have not found one issue to complain about. Not even light bleed. As long as the screen doesn't start lifting I'm in good shape. The device is excellent and build quality is solid. A bit better than the black Passport from September/October.

Also, happened to look at BaSa after charging and setting everything up and saw the battery cycle at 1. Definitely took a screen shot. 1 battery cycle on 1/1/15. Really liking the red!

To the OP, as I wrote in another post, wish you would have kept the 2nd Passport that had no issues rather than all of this buying and reselling. I just don't understand how you received so many defective devices when there are plenty of happy Passport owners here.

Some may have a bit of light bleed or on the black Passport I have a volume up key that can be loosened a bit, but you are getting shafted somehow. Still can't believe how solid the red Passport is; I'm going to have a look at the date on the box to get an idea of build date.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-04-15 12:14 AM
203 12345 ...