I'm glad BlackBerry is handling it properly for you. I hope you enjoy all your Passports.
    12-31-14 04:59 PM
    I bought mine from a guy on craigslist in better condition lol

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 05:18 PM
    I'm sorry for the experience you've encountered. I do suggest contacting BlackBerry Customer Service, and have this issue resolved properly...

Instagram: iamivanwilliams
    Twitter: iamivanwilliams
    12-31-14 07:18 PM
    I'm just asking you don't have to be rude.

You made a thread did you not expect someone to ask you any questions?

Posted via CB10

Gee, how was it rude they answered your question? Un-lax a little, it sounds like simply a true story that deserves a little warm-fuzzy sympathy, at least. <<<HUGGZIES>>>�.

I hope that wasnt code for something bad...
    01-01-15 12:36 AM
    Gee, how was it rude they answered your question? Un-lax a little, it sounds like simply a true story that deserves a little warm-fuzzy sympathy, at least. <<<HUGGZIES>>>�.

I hope that wasnt code for something bad...
    Not sure where u said anything about this being fake...?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 12:44 AM
    I had this experience purchasing an XBox from Best Buy. I opened a "new" Xbox, and everything inside was clearly repackaged. The cords were wound less than professionally and bound by a rubber band. Upon powering it up, it already had an XBoxLive gamer tag and account attached to it, and some DLC and games on the hard drive.

Hopefully this was just a sloppy mistake in handling order fulfillment on the part of ShopBlackBerry.
    01-01-15 01:37 AM
    I received my Passport promptly from Digital River and it came from Plainfield too. The phone appears to be new, although my blacks on my screen don't appear to be as black as to the blacks on my Z30. My box looked new and was a little dusty. It looks to me it has 3 layers of clear tape for the box seal. It makes me wonder??? .... especially after reading this post.

On a good note; they charged me correctly

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:59 AM
    Plainfield is fine. Plainfield Returns Center is not. Even if the device is mint, it's used and returned.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 03:02 AM
    I received my Passport promptly from Digital River and it came from Plainfield too. The phone appears to be new, although my blacks on my screen don't appear to be as black as to the blacks on my Z30. My box looked new and was a little dusty. It looks to me it has 3 layers of clear tape for the box seal. It makes me wonder??? .... especially after reading this post.

On a good note; they charged me correctly

Posted via CB10
    Well the Z30 has an Amoled screen and the Passport has a LCD screen.

The blacks have nothing to do with the device being used it's about the screen technology...

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor and spiculated like this.
    01-01-15 03:50 AM
    Just because it came in the brown box doesn't mean its "USED" They do test the device before sending it to avoid issues.

Now if it is used like you said then just call them 30 day returns are free.
    01-01-15 10:44 AM
    Honestly go on the shopblackberry page. Does the word new or just blackberry passport now 599. Used or not no where on the site it says new. Dont assume its new unless said so
    I really hope you're not serious, ahaha.

Straight outta CB10
    01-01-15 11:34 AM
    Thats really weird from BlackBerry. I bought a used blackberry from coolblue holland. It was a blackberry passport who was returned by the custumor because it wasnt what they expected. Anyway because it wasnt brand new. But still everything was complete i got it for 440 euro. And everything works fine and it is with box and totally complete.

So i found it weird that that such a big company as BlackBerry doesnt do this aswell.

Love the passport btw, what a device

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 11:49 AM
    Sorry man, I would lose my mind.

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    01-01-15 12:04 PM
    Plainfield is fine. Plainfield Returns Center is not. Even if the device is mint, it's used and returned.

Posted via CB10
    Mine came from Plainfield Returns centre? Everything seems to be fine

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 12:08 PM
    Mine came from Plainfield Returns centre? Everything seems to be fine

Posted via CB10
    Another returned device then that somebody may or may not have used. Why is it that people seem to be OK with BlackBerry giving them used, open box goods for the same price as new and worse yet passing them off as new when some are even obviously beat up? Would you be OK with walking into Best Buy, finding that perfect flatscreen TV, paying for it, and then have the clerk take the demo unit off the shelf and give it to you instead of a brand new boxed unit? Has the fanboyism honestly gone that far that BlackBerry can get away with anything these days? Maybe it has...after all people are paying $200 for the leather holster from BlackBerry - a piece of junk not worth more than $50 that was probably manufactured for $2.

Posted via CB10
    dannykavs likes this.
    01-01-15 01:21 PM
    Wow I used to think the OP was just looking for things to complain about but this is insane.

There is no argument here, this is just plain wrong.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 01:32 PM
    I agree. It should be in a new never opened box. Maybe I'll contact them tomorrow. Maybe they'll give me a credit

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:13 PM
    I agree. It should be in a new never opened box. Maybe I'll contact them tomorrow. Maybe they'll give me a credit

Posted via CB10
    The call center folks were helpful in my case, but this was beyond their pay grade, including the pay grade of the supervisors. In my case they agreed with me and sent a request to the higher up folks to respond and provide a resolution, however I suspect I won't hear anything back until well into next week at the earliest due to the holidays. They don't have a pricing structure for used Passports - they aren't supposed to be selling any used devices.

My report isn't the first case of this happening either. Folks have gotten previously opened units from Amazon as well, and there have been several reports on this forum of this type of stuff happening through Shop BlackBerry. I think that BlackBerry definitely has a few returned units on hand, but they are trying to recycle these back into the market for new orders. This doesn't just "happen". Somebody intentionally has to be processing orders from a returns center vs. shipping new devices. This is a very shady practice.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:21 PM
    This isn't bad luck man...this company is so unbelievably incompetent it's beyond ridiculous. I've never seen such shoddy QC and general service, ever, not even from BlackBerry, until today that is. How in the hell do they even dare ship what is clearly a returned *used* device as a *brand new* device. That just takes the cake of all cakes.

No matter, I have video proof, picture proof, hell, I'll show it to my grandma tomorrow just so she's a witness too. Wow, wow, and WOW!
    I feel like I'm reading about a Rogers Wireless experience. This is a normal story for those morons .

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    01-01-15 03:24 PM
    Since my box had 3 layers of tape ; I guess I'm the 3rd owner lol

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 04:28 PM
    OP this is more common than what you think, it happens all the time with different products.

As a rule when I buy something like this device I video tape the unboxing what I bought as proof of "out of the box" issues such as a yours.

Also your device might have been opened and or damaged at the shipping facility/carrier, by the people that handle shipping, it happens often too.

I would contact BlackBerry directly, at the support number they provide with your device and explain them what happened they would call digital river and would try to sort it for you while you're on the other line, by experience I can tell you they will get it fixed for you faster than Digital River.
    01-01-15 05:04 PM
    I purchased a passport from amazon and I when I received it the box was not sealed, it didn't have the plastic cover and the back Camara had fingerprint. I called Amazon and they shipped one right away which I'll get tomorrow at no extra charge. All I have to do is send the one I received back with a return kit that they send me.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 06:24 PM
    Another returned device then that somebody may or may not have used. Why is it that people seem to be OK with BlackBerry giving them used, open box goods for the same price as new and worse yet passing them off as new when some are even obviously beat up? Would you be OK with walking into Best Buy, finding that perfect flatscreen TV, paying for it, and then have the clerk take the demo unit off the shelf and give it to you instead of a brand new boxed unit? Has the fanboyism honestly gone that far that BlackBerry can get away with anything these days? Maybe it has...after all people are paying $200 for the leather holster from BlackBerry - a piece of junk not worth more than $50 that was probably manufactured for $2.

Posted via CB10
    so this is BlackBerry the company that did this? never mind I no longer care to read the answer. I will just exist thread
    01-01-15 06:41 PM
    The call center folks were helpful in my case, but this was beyond their pay grade, including the pay grade of the supervisors. In my case they agreed with me and sent a request to the higher up folks to respond and provide a resolution, however I suspect I won't hear anything back until well into next week at the earliest due to the holidays. They don't have a pricing structure for used Passports - they aren't supposed to be selling any used devices.

My report isn't the first case of this happening either. Folks have gotten previously opened units from Amazon as well, and there have been several reports on this forum of this type of stuff happening through Shop BlackBerry. I think that BlackBerry definitely has a few returned units on hand, but they are trying to recycle these back into the market for new orders. This doesn't just "happen". Somebody intentionally has to be processing orders from a returns center vs. shipping new devices. This is a very shady practice.

Posted via CB10
    It's not shady, it's illegal -- at least in the United States it is.
    01-01-15 09:17 PM
    I'm thinking the guy that owned your "new" phone before you returned it for the dead pixels. I'd call BlackBerry themselves.

From all the horror stories I hear about digital river, I wonder two things; 1) why does BlackBerry continue to do business with them, and 2) why do CrackBerry people do the same?

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-01-15 09:50 PM
203 1234 ...