Received my newest order for a Red BlackBerry Passport and had a few things go wrong with the order.

1. I got charged tax and duty twice because Shop BlackBerry included incorrect customs paperwork that did not identify the fact that I paid taxes and duty already. This is currently being disputed with FedEx, but once again I'm fixing a mess made by someone else.
    2. The box came from Plainfield Returns Center in Indiana, instead of Brightpoint. The Passport box was clearly opened and resealed as there were two layers of security tabs on either side of the Passport retail box, with the first layer clearly being cut.
    3. The device has scratches on the bottom decorative piece of plastic that runs below the keyboard, clearly made by a metal object of some sort in an attempt to pry the plastic loose.
    4. The screen has a group of stuck pixels pretty much smack-dab in the middle of the screen.

This kind of stuff should not happen. It hurts BlackBerry as a brand. It does not matter that DR isn't BlackBerry. When somebody shops from Shop BlackBerry they think that it is BlackBerry.
    Last edited by dejanh; 01-07-15 at 11:29 AM.
    12-31-14 01:43 AM
    The Passport is $500 how did you get to $900 something?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 01:46 AM
    The Passport is $500 how did you get to $900 something?

Posted via CB10
    Limited Edition Red on Shop BlackBerry Canada on December 22, 2014 when I placed the order was:

Subtotal: $799.00
    Shipping: $21.59
    Tax: $98.47
    Total: $919.06

Any other questions?
    flyingsolid likes this.
    12-31-14 01:48 AM
    Return it back, ask for new item and report how bad it was handled and shipped to you. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, Red Passport is 100% off on ShopBlackBerry. Try if you could ask for discount refund. I remember there was a customer on Amazon who did the same thing when he was aware of Passport sale.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-31-14 02:14 AM
    Wow dejanh you really have bad luck with passport! sorry to read that

BlackBerry Passport
    m3mb3rsh1p and jdesignz like this.
    12-31-14 02:14 AM
    Wow dejanh you really have bad luck with passport! sorry to read that

BlackBerry Passport
    This isn't bad luck man...this company is so unbelievably incompetent it's beyond ridiculous. I've never seen such shoddy QC and general service, ever, not even from BlackBerry, until today that is. How in the hell do they even dare ship what is clearly a returned *used* device as a *brand new* device. That just takes the cake of all cakes.

No matter, I have video proof, picture proof, hell, I'll show it to my grandma tomorrow just so she's a witness too. Wow, wow, and WOW!
    12-31-14 02:23 AM
    Thats sad :/

Posted via Q10Bold
    12-31-14 02:45 AM
    I'm glad the 4 Blackberries that I bought from Shop Blackberry in the last few weeks were all new and didn't have any extra duty or taxes attached to them. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    12-31-14 02:53 AM
    Wow sorry to hear about your experience through ShopBB, along with every other people who went through similar problems with Digital River. Not to brag but I bought mind from Amazon and the service have been phenomenally great.
    12-31-14 03:03 AM
    It's just wrong for the [individual who handled your order] to mess up a "Limited Edition" on top of the other issues: scratches, dead pixels in a bad spot... at least grab a new retail box off the shelf right?!

Ah well, Sorry for your misfortunes. I hope it gets resolved quickly and fairly. I'd say you have reasonable grounds to take it "upstairs" to one of the Chiefs considering your previous hassles.

I'm sure BlackBerry management would be equally infuriated by this. You are a loyal repeat customer and deserving of a break from your seemingly horrible luck.

All the best.
    spyeagle likes this.
    12-31-14 03:04 AM
    Try contacting Blackberry themselves. I've heard from a few members who complaint about their experience with Digital River and Blackberry have went above and beyond to fix their problems.
    12-31-14 03:13 AM
    Wow sorry to hear about your experience through ShopBB, along with every other people who went through similar problems with Digital River. Not to brag but I bought mind from Amazon and the service have been phenomenally great.
    Same here bought mine and delivered straight to my home address without any hassle except it was globally shipped. I wonder how I will react if I get a bad item.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-31-14 03:39 AM
    OP, with all the problems you have had with BlackBerry and the passport, you need to contact someone in the corporate quality control section directly. I have been in the manufacturing sector for 30 years and If the quality issues are as bad as you claim, maybe BlackBerry needs to recall the device and do a global repair?

In today's manufacturing sector, most consumer products companies have strict quality control systems in place because of the liability factor and I would think BlackBerry would be part of the norm? I hope you have been carefully documenting all these issues along with the build dates of the defective units so the folks up their in Waterloo can resolve the issue once and for all.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-31-14 04:29 AM
    I don't think it's a quality control issue BUT rather a shipping/returns dept issue! Please don't send customers defective opened product claiming as new.

I myself would be irate just about now! Call customer service and report the incident and have them replace with a new product, and refund the guy the error charges!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 05:37 AM
    I got charged extra customs fee as well for my red Passport. I called Digital River. Even spoke to the supervisor. Was given the same statement saying this is a Canadian customs issue. I told them I already paid for taxes since I purchased this in the Canadian Blackberry site and the phone is shipped to Toronto. But, no, the person on the other side of the phone had no clue. So frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 08:22 AM
    I bet customs opened it because it looked weird on the x-ray.

Posted via CB10
    jas1978, m3mb3rsh1p and olisg like this.
    12-31-14 09:34 AM
    If you know you paid the taxes and FedEx is asking for the taxes again, why did you accept the order? You should have rejected it.

Anyway, since you have a red Passport, can you tell me what the back is like? Is it a soft rubber or is it hard slippery plastic? I'm thinking of ordering one.
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    12-31-14 11:27 AM
    Slippery plastic, but not that slippery. It has some texture to it. It's matte plastic.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 11:31 AM
    Limited Edition Red on Shop BlackBerry Canada on December 22, 2014 when I placed the order was:

Subtotal: $799.00
    Shipping: $21.59
    Tax: $98.47
    Total: $919.06

Any other questions?
    I'm just asking you don't have to be rude.

You made a thread did you not expect someone to ask you any questions?

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri likes this.
    12-31-14 02:00 PM
    I'm just asking you don't have to be rude.

You made a thread did you not expect any questions?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 02:01 PM
    Beginning to wonder . . .

Received a used Passport as "new" from Shop BlackBerry-how-karma-works.jpg
    12-31-14 02:06 PM
    Honestly go on the shopblackberry page. Does the word new or just blackberry passport now 599. Used or not no where on the site it says new. Dont assume its new unless said so
    12-31-14 02:13 PM
    Here we go....wheeeeeeee

Posted via CB10
    rolojr1 likes this.
    12-31-14 02:49 PM
    In the usa in most states a USED item MUST be so described under law...

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 03:02 PM
    The nonsense about "it doesn't say new" is just that - nonsense. I've already spoken to Shop BlackBerry and they are contacting higher management in the US to report this incident and see what they can do to sort it out for me. They themselves said that something like this never should have happened. All devices sold through Shop BlackBerry are supposed to be brand new devices.

It will be a mess no doubt to sort out because of the holidays. In the interim I will probably file a PayPal claim to retrieve my money. From there they can sort out whatever they wish.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 04:32 PM
203 123 ...