I guess strange things only happen in India, eh?
    What you did there. I see it.
    02-09-15 11:58 AM
    What you did there. I see it.
    Really? I plead the fifth (5th).
    02-09-15 12:59 PM
    .....Of course I paid nearly as much as original price for and old model but sometime its not about price.
    I do understand the operatives will be different 1 year down the road as many have pointed but like i said sometime It's not about money and object in question may have some intrinsic value to the holder or non availability of a smiler product might lead us on to keep a specific device. However moot point is BB India is in total disarray and no accountability. I challenged myself and failed to get even one BB India contact on google. All that turn up was BB India CEO Lalwani and trail went dead. They are operating like a Ghost company through their ponzy dealers and it is nothing to be happy about.
    02-09-15 02:58 PM
    This is what they said as hcl us providing services not bb so they will not provide post warranty repair.. I asked for written confirmation and they gave me email id saying i can contact on this and they will respond.. I did ask but in reply what i get is my phone imei number and serial number and issues.. Lol
    02-10-15 12:05 AM
    Check it now and u vl find hcl infosystems as official service centres
    02-10-15 12:07 AM
    This is what they said as hcl us providing services not bb so they will not provide post warranty repair.. I asked for written confirmation and they gave me email id saying i can contact on this and they will respond.. I did ask but in reply what i get is my phone imei number and serial number and issues.. Lol
    I had a problem with my z10. I gave it to service center in bhubaneswar. They said they will do it even if it's out of warranty and even in chennai Centre too....

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-10-15 12:47 AM
    This is what is written on Service Centres for BlackBerry Smartphones - EN

"You can call the Redington Helpline on 1800-4253-720 for additional queries for GSM smartphones."

This is what is written on Hardware Support Services - Redington Supply chain Solutions Company India

"Redington has set up hardware support service centres, spanning the length & breadth of India. Today, through 70 owned service centres, supported by a certified franchisee network of 292 service partners, Redington provides the full spectrum of warranty & post-warranty services on behalf of our vendors � covering Solution design and Consulting, Technical helpdesk, Field Engineering support, Parts warehousing, Forward and Reverse logistics, Imports and Re-exports, & Asset recovery ."
    "We are privileged today to be Authorized Partners for leading brands like Hewlett Packard, Toshiba, IBM, Hitachi, EMC, NetApp, Brocade, Cisco, Lenovo, Fujitsu, Acer, Apple, Blackberry, HTC, Motorola, among others"

Hope this helps.
    sbx9900 likes this.
    02-10-15 12:50 AM
    Be glad that you have BlackBerry service centers.... we don't have those.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 12:56 AM
    This is what is written on Service Centres for BlackBerry Smartphones - EN

"You can call the Redington Helpline on 1800-4253-720 for additional queries for GSM smartphones."

This is what is written on Hardware Support Services - Redington Supply chain Solutions Company India

"Redington has set up hardware support service centres, spanning the length & breadth of India. Today, through 70 owned service centres, supported by a certified franchisee network of 292 service partners, Redington provides the full spectrum of warranty & post-warranty services on behalf of our vendors – covering Solution design and Consulting, Technical helpdesk, Field Engineering support, Parts warehousing, Forward and Reverse logistics, Imports and Re-exports, & Asset recovery ."
    "We are privileged today to be Authorized Partners for leading brands like Hewlett Packard, Toshiba, IBM, Hitachi, EMC, NetApp, Brocade, Cisco, Lenovo, Fujitsu, Acer, Apple, Blackberry, HTC, Motorola, among others"

Hope this helps.
    from may 2013 they have changed from redington to hcl in north and east india for service centres.. and if u search for any city in north say delhi or chandigarh you will get hcl infosystems as service centre..
    HCL replaces Redington for BB Services for North, East-DQWeek
    02-10-15 01:07 AM
    from may 2013 they have changed from redington to hcl in north and east india for service centres.. and if u search for any city in north say delhi or chandigarh you will get hcl infosystems as service centre..
    HCL replaces Redington for BB Services for North, East-DQWeek
    Now, that's completely messed up. Different franchises operating in different parts. Then I guess you have to rely on a local shop after the warranty expires.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 01:32 AM
    At what point have the most of us became non self sufficient? Buy the parts used and fix it yourself after the warranty expires.
    02-10-15 07:00 AM
    it was only launched last fall !? your device is already over the on year warranty? please explain???
    02-10-15 07:06 AM
    it was only launched last fall !? your device is already over the on year warranty? please explain???
    I never said my passport is out of warranty i said i am in first month of 1 year warranty.. it was just general query which i came across..
    02-10-15 07:09 AM
    At what point have the most of us became non self sufficient? Buy the parts used and fix it yourself after the warranty expires.
    it is not easy to get parts in india.. there is huge risk of fake parts here..
    02-10-15 07:10 AM
    Thats always been a great thing about BB. If it breaks, I could buy parts and repair it. If I cant, someone else can. It can be done easily and efficiently. Why dont you quantify the ease of repairs on phones over the years and see who wins. I'm sure BB is somewhere around the top if not the best.
    02-10-15 07:14 AM
    America and Canadas largest repair chain of phones is available to the people of INDIA.
    https://www.linkedin.com/company/cpr...e-repair-india
    02-10-15 07:17 AM
    America and Canadas largest repair chain of phones is available to the people of INDIA.
    https://www.linkedin.com/company/cpr...e-repair-india
    there is just only one store in INDIA..
    02-10-15 07:28 AM
    It is in haryana, I can't go there for the repair. It is very far away.

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-10-15 08:06 AM
    But they will be available in other countries. All you need do is find someone you trust to ship it to you.

I've done it for others and I'm certain someone will be will to help you out 'if and when' the time comes.
    02-10-15 08:39 AM
    So i could not find any way to contact bb india and i turned to bb twitter regarding this ... they replied little late than expected as they normally do.. they asked me to contact service provider or point of sale for warranty and other terms and conditions

i asked if by service provider he means CARRIER then there is no carrier service is provided as phones are unlocked.
    i told him about how whole set up works here like bb service centres in cities for repair and all that.. for this reply came instantly within 5 min and again same thing which was first message. he asked if he cud help on other issue..

Looks like he had no idea what i was talking about or i was from some another world..
    i asked give me a date for 10.3.1 update lol
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    02-10-15 12:29 PM
    I would expect that from an Apple store... but not BBRY!

Received shocker from india blackberry service centre..-188048_100837630010492_4540640_n.jpg
    02-10-15 08:16 PM
    I've had the privilege of owning BB devices beginning with the 7105, 2 Pearls, a 9700, 2 9900's and several BB10 devices. They all lasted at least 3 years. The Pearl was still working when I got my wife a Z10 two years ago to replace her very old but reliable Pearl. the 9700 needed a repair in 2012, but it was already more than 3 yrs old and the 9900 was free on Father's day so I just got one for my daughter. I have given the phone away after two years of service and it still works to this day. My 9900 is 4 yrs old and it still works although it has been hiding in the dark corner of my drawer for more than a year already since we have moved to BB10 devices already. BB devices last a long time if properly cared for. Repairs after the warranty period don't concern me. They would be very old by then and I would have my sight on newer BB11 devices anyway....
    02-10-15 08:22 PM
    I would expect that from an Apple store... but not BBRY!
    Dangit, I was about to make that joke..
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    02-10-15 08:22 PM
    1 year warranty is alright but what trouble people here is the state of total anarchy and denial of service even if YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR THEM. Even if such payments for service are to surpass the original cost of device and you are still willing to pay, nada. They simply shrug off saying you can keep your money with you, we are not going to provide any service, period.
    Ankit try redington India, if nothing works, get hold of some sales head of a territory and rub his nose into Design Act and make him understand if BB India or any phone brand is selling more then 50 pieces to end user; its the responsibility of that Co to provide 'paid service' and parts replacement at cost for at-least 3 years from the date when last piece of a particular device was sold. Not doing that, they are open to litigation by end user/customer under Monopoly and Restrictive Trade Practice Act wherein fines are heavy.
    This advice usually make the legal department stand up real quick and take notice. I got Sony India to give me a fresh device they probably dug up from parts bin but never they could deny on record that they WILL NOT listen to customer after 1 year. Of course I paid nearly as much as original price for and old model but sometime its not about price.
    What you say here is the law, but we are talking about India. The so called "law" will never get implemented.
    When I had a curve 9360 it had a keyboard problem and I was denied service at the centre because the phone was purchased from UAE, even though I had the bill and everything. They didn't repair it even though it was in 1 year period. Latter fortunately I got someone I knew in another service centre, he got it changed but wasn't able to give me a proper bill for the same.
    Phone companies should learn something from service provided by laptop companies. I have a dell and many times it has broken down while I was outside India, the repair team took time (2 days) but never refused service. They had the courtesy to explain me the reason for the time taken and also provide me a come itinerary about the same.
    Blackberry please learn something from them! When you are making a phone that is for the business/rich segment of the society, they expect service. They are worried more about the service that the price, so if the 1 year is over they are ready to pay, but you denying them service won't be a good thing. Many will leave because they will get better service elsewhere, with other companies.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 08:43 PM
    Try redington india for repairs when phone is in warranty. Out of warranty are best repaired at local shops. Although I have got both kind of services and redington never refused a service till date since 2008 since I got my first BlackBerry

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Black Edition
    02-10-15 10:40 PM
53 123