Ordered Passport on April 4 from ShopBlackBerry. Used promo code provided by Michael Clewley (Thanks!) on his BBM channel. Received device yesterday. Device appears flawless and no issues yet and I'm really impressed with the delivery time....48 hrs from the distribution center to central BC in Canada. I'm hopeful that device is new and without fault but if a return is required I trust that the process will be as quick and painless as the purchase. Thank you Blackberry!

Ps. isn't there an obligation to identify refurbished items as such?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 04:30 PM
    Ps. isn't there an obligation to identify refurbished items as such?
    When you buy it "new", it will be "new". Some people suspect that open seals and re-seals might indicate refurb, but it could also mean software update done post packaging.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-07-15 04:48 PM
    When you buy it "new", it will be "new". Some people suspect that open seals and re-seals might indicate refurb, but it could also mean software update done post packaging.
    Seems doubtful, given that it asks to check for the latest software on a fresh start. I suppose the engineering screens would give total run time and confirm this, unless it is reset on a refurb.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    04-07-15 05:16 PM
    Obviously the OP is a troll. It's funny how he is going on about how the Passport was originally $599 and then they raised the price to $699 and then put the $100 off coupon. This is an absolute lie. BlackBerry Passport was definitely $699 upon launch in Canada and it was only $599 in the US at the time of launch.

Just goes to show the OP has no idea what he is talking about and tries to be a perfect story teller.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 05:17 PM
    Also one of my co workers used the promo code from Michael Clewley and ordered the Passport from the BlackBerry website and his phone is in perfect condition, absolutely nothing wrong with it. Not used or refurbished.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 05:20 PM
    I ordered mine from shopberry recently and I got new red one. I didn't know they sell refurb item as new!?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 05:24 PM
    OP please quit spreading unsubstantiated rumors that a device is refurbished because it shipped from the Plainfield Returns Center. Anybody confused about this please see my previous reply in this post. Plainfield is BrightPoint which is a huge distribution center for several brands, not just BlackBerry, handling logistics, repairs, etc. this means NEW AND REFURB devices. All four of my BlackBerry devices ordered through ShopBlackBerry/Digital River shipped from Plainfield and have zero indications of being anything other than NEW.

Previous reply: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11540305

Richard
    cbvinh likes this.
    04-07-15 06:12 PM
    I always buy from the carrier. Then there's no muss, no fuss within 15 days/30 minutes talk time if things aren't right. They exchange, refund, cancel, whatever you want. Sure they're not unlocked that way but you need to have a carrier anyway.
    04-07-15 06:47 PM
    Digital River is a headache.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 07:01 PM
    Obviously the OP is a troll. It's funny how he is going on about how the Passport was originally $599 and then they raised the price to $699 and then put the $100 off coupon. This is an absolute lie. BlackBerry Passport was definitely $699 upon launch in Canada and it was only $599 in the US at the time of launch.

Just goes to show the OP has no idea what he is talking about and tries to be a perfect story teller.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that little rant made me question the validity of this or whether it's just more smear directed towards BlackBerry and shopblackberry. And the last part about switching to an iPhone... seems odd... anyway my experience with over 10 devices and a couple Passports has been stellar.

Chen set the US price at $599 here because there was and still barely is any carrier push unlike those in Canada and that extra $100 goes a long way when you can't go to a carrier. Maybe the OP had a bad experience and got carried away with it... or maybe it's all accurate.

Thankfully, while there are complaints here and there, these multiple crazy device return five time fiasco messes have rarely come up. As I wrote, the last I remember is during the launch some poster returning tons of defective devices (and a perfectly good one) while everyone else seemed to be getting new devices just fine with the exception to some who have had to return for dead pixels and in the end getting their new Passport just fine.

Maybe some people are on BlackBerry's no Passport list lol. I don't know what to think with that. If I spent all that time returning Passports, etc. I'd likely not be even looking at iOS. Seemed like an odd comment for somebody that says they tried so hard to get a Passport.

My two are excellent and I'm sure next week my mom's AT&T Passport will be as well. If not we'll switch it out for a new one.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 08:23 PM
    Maybe your defective

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 08:28 PM
    Just to reiterate to the OP, you clearly want a Passport, if you are being truthful, and BlackBerry refunded you so just order from Amazon if you're worried about what address it comes from. Worse case Amazon will send you a new one in the rare case you get another defective Passport before you even send the old one back. Best phone of my life. Can't wait for my mom to get hers soon. All the excitement again! Most innovative device on the market.

Slightly off-topic, but while out Saturday night there was a gay couple in their 20s next to me and as soon as I put my Passport down next to their iPhone 6 and 6+ they both immediately started attacking me, in a good way, with questions. "OMG, that is so cool, is that new?" Did a quick demo and they felt ripped by Apple lol. Just a funny story. Maybe I should have started an entire thread on that night. Everything was about the Passport. I just wanted to celebrate and have some drinks.

Get the device you WANT or you will never be satisfied. Even if I was pissed at DR, I couldn't imagine not using this phone for the past 6 months still turning heads. I'd do whatever to get it lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 08:35 PM
    Maybe your defective

Posted via CB10
    Maybe his defective what?

Posted via CB10
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    04-07-15 08:40 PM
    That sucks. I got one from shopblackberry canada and have no issues so far....

Posted via CB10
    you still gotta feel for the many people who have had issues right? have you seen their BBB profile? looks like a cover-up. A+ ? hardly.
    04-07-15 10:14 PM
    Maybe his defective what?

Posted via CB10
    Received FOUR defective Passports from Digital River at Shopblackberry store-1355331549061.jpg
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    04-07-15 10:16 PM
    Brightpoint cit�s "maximum value from recaptured devices"... the returned passports are not sold anywhere except for a few on ebay... these things are wiped off & resold as new... a disgrace !!
    04-08-15 02:31 AM
    Digital River... the reason I'll never buy from shopBlackBerry.com ever again

One bad experience was enough.
    04-08-15 12:22 PM
    Digital River... the reason I'll never buy from shopBlackBerry.com ever again

One bad experience was enough.
    Idiocy... the reason why some deal with them four times in a row.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    04-10-15 09:09 AM
    I've never had any problems with DR 2-passports 1-q5 1-classic 1-z30 I even got my $ back for the leather flip case I ordered for my pp because I tried it and didn't like it had no problems getting my refund! I will continue to order my products from DR I'm happy with their services

Posted via CB10
    torco3 likes this.
    04-10-15 09:22 AM
    I've never had any problems with DR 2-passports 1-q5 1-classic 1-z30 I even got my $ back for the leather flip case I ordered for my pp because I tried it and didn't like it had no problems getting my refund! I will continue to order my products from DR I'm happy with their services

Posted via CB10
    let us know when that "miss" part of "hit-or-miss" happens with DR....
    04-13-15 08:49 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1355331549061.jpg 
Views:	495 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	346292
    Joke went over your head, mate. He was pointing out the misspelling of you're as "your".

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 09:40 AM
    I believe the appellation "Plainfield Returns Center" is a postal drop point in case the item is undeliverable or otherwise returned to the sender (malformed address, etc.) & I do not believe it is an indication product shipped is "used" ...I do not think Blackberry would risk severe sanctions including legal misery, contract violations (USA for sure with ATT), & more bad press than would be believed ...I cannot think of an excuse for selling used as new.
    OP please quit spreading unsubstantiated rumors that a device is refurbished because it shipped from the Plainfield Returns Center. Anybody confused about this please see my previous reply in this post. Plainfield is BrightPoint which is a huge distribution center for several brands, not just BlackBerry, handling logistics, repairs, etc. this means NEW AND REFURB devices. All four of my BlackBerry devices ordered through ShopBlackBerry/Digital River shipped from Plainfield and have zero indications of being anything other than NEW.

Previous reply: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11540305

Richard
    05-24-15 03:30 PM
    OP said 4x PP defective. I'm wondering what was wrong with each passport? Shipping damage.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 05:26 PM
    All these damn horror stories man. BlackBerry has been absolute cake for me.

I bought a BlackBerry Passport direct from shopblackberry. Order was filled thru DR. Got the phone, used it for 6 months, the screen started to develop defects (almost like a burn in or something). Called BlackBerry directly, they sent another Passport out.

(NOTE: BlackBerry originally asked for a $600 hold on a credit card when I called to get the first one replaced with a brand new device, which would be refunded upon their receipt of my defective Passport. I couldn't front that cost so I told them I'd just send it in for a free repair once I got another temp phone. They sent one out anyway, which turned out to be defective, but I thought that was a great gesture.)

As I mentioned, the replacement Passport they sent was defective, they weren't able to waive the fee a 2nd time, which I understand. I found a cheapo phone and wiped my BlackBerry, sent it in for repair. They covered shipping both ways on both repairs. I just got it back a couple days ago (took about 10 days), and it's been fixed completely, like new again, free of charge.

I expected there to be some hardware/software issues being that I bought it as soon as I did. Every time some new, high end consumer electronic device hits the market, they run into their issues. Had a few issues with my PS4, and it seems like everybody and their moms have issues with every new iphone. BlackBerry stood behind what they put out. Their customer service reps were super pleasant, and I'd buy BlackBerry again and again.

But hey, maybe that's just me.

Unlocked Passport via AT&T
    05-25-15 12:02 AM
    I just completed an advance exchange with Digital River and it was smooth and the unit was perfect.

Now I am in Canada so I am not sure if my replacement unit came from there or not.

I'm happy with how my case was handled. Even if I had to give them a cc number first.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 12:17 AM
76 1234