Amazon exchanges defective hardware asap, no questions asked.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    04-06-15 06:37 PM
    Seriously, another thread on this topic? It's obvious that the OP wanted $100 off, a deal better than getting it from Amazon and B&H Photo. He/she took a calculated risk and unfortunately it didn't work out. If users suggested contacting BlackBerry Canada, then users would also have informed the OP of Digital River's customer service practices and that it /is/ ShopBlackBerry. Sounds like feigned naivete.

After getting three defective Passports and a refund (a fair resolution), OP had a friend order again from Digital River. Why? This makes no sense after the previous experience. Did Digital River once again have a better price than Amazon and B&H Photo? It's not a secret that Amazon and B&H Photo are selling Passports. It's not a secret that there are threads about Digital River issues. In all the time that was wasted, OP didn't bother to search Digital River?
    bungaboy and FCSC like this.
    04-06-15 06:56 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 07:13 PM
    Can't blame OP for chasing a good deal. But honestly after 2 duds - I would call it quits. I would order elsewhere - Amazon or directly from the carrier. That being said I ordered a Z30 from ShopBB and everything was fine and shipped to Montreal Canada. You can take a glance at my post about ShopBB: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...canada-987251/

At least in Canada, buyers are having more purchasing outlets. Staples are selling some models, Crackberry, carriers and hopefully more will come.

My fondest wish is for BlackBerry to sell unlocked phones direct to customers...
    04-06-15 07:22 PM
    I took the risk from DR so I could get $100 off my white Passport. Arrived flawless, box sealed, January manufacturing date.

You take risks to get a discount. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 07:41 PM
    Can't blame OP for chasing a good deal. But honestly after 2 duds - I would call it quits. I would order elsewhere - Amazon or directly from the carrier. That being said I ordered a Z30 from ShopBB and everything was fine and shipped to Montreal Canada. You can take a glance at my post about ShopBB: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...canada-987251/

At least in Canada, buyers are having more purchasing outlets. Staples are selling some models, Crackberry, carriers and hopefully more will come.

My fondest wish is for BlackBerry to sell unlocked phones direct to customers...
    BlackBerry could make this happen if they simply have Amazon replace digital river as their distributor.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    04-06-15 07:41 PM
    I believe you. I didn't have a good experwith DR and I would never order again. I would rather pay the extra money and get it elsewhere.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    ^^^THIS!!

It took a week for DR and BlackBerry warranty support to send me a refurbished replacement for the brand new phone I purchased from DR/shopblackberry.com. Never again. Process is just too painful and the $100 coupon code isn't worth it after that experience.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    04-06-15 07:54 PM
    Buying from DR is, and always has been, a crap shoot. They have never had a good reputation, even when all they did was distribute digital software online. Try Amazon. They are a reputable company and they understand customer service.
    04-06-15 08:12 PM
    Ordered my red one from them and recieved it in perfect condition and only two days waiting. The red device I got is actually i find better quality then my original black one that I got from Rogers. Will see after a few months tho. Sorry about the bad luck.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-06-15 08:18 PM
    You guys realize that the digital river return center is listed as the sent from address in case the mail has to be returned to sender for any reason, right? It doesn't actually mean it was a returned device necessarily. I believe they all have that as the return address

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 11:36 PM
    many people should utilize this if they want to see DR reprimanded for their incompetence
    04-07-15 12:37 AM
    Should have stopped at the second one. Why give the vendor 3 or 4 chances to get it right?

If you want real results, take it to the media. CBC would love to report on stuff like that. It would get BlackBerry's attention.
    extisis likes this.
    04-07-15 12:52 AM
    That sucks. I got one from shopblackberry canada and have no issues so far....

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 01:52 AM
    At the end of the day, how is ordering from Amazon or anyone else going to resolve the issue that the devices were defective? Perhaps it would have saved the hassle of dealing with DR, but it would not solve the hardware problems.

Posted via CB10
    It of course wouldn't have solved the issues with defective hardware at all. Yet Amazon or other shops most likely would've offered a much more satisfying customer service to help him getting the device exchanged or at least getting a quick refund. Especially Amazon usually has a very good service if there are any issues with your recently purchased hardware.

Can you say this about Digital River? I believe not. Sure people who got a good device from them can't say anything bad about DR, yet those who needed service say different things. In many cases you even heard people had problems canceling their preorder. Personally I would never buy anything from ShopBB unless they (drastically) improve their service quality. In the end you vote with your money.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 03:48 AM
    BlackBerry could make this happen if they simply have Amazon replace digital river as their distributor.

Posted via CB10
    It's more complicated than that. But yes dropping D-R should be on the agenda. Amazon isn't the way to go. I believe Blackberry should go into it alone for the US. Consumer product/shipping, tech support for those products should be all under one roof.
    Soapm likes this.
    04-07-15 06:29 AM
    Digital river are known scam artists. Avoid at all costs.
    04-07-15 07:14 AM
    My sister purchased a Passport through DR as soon as it was released. Then, the very next day they announced the $100 off coupon. She was livid, contacted customer service because she felt it was unfair, and they didn't hesitate to give her a $100 rebate. Phone came soon after in perfect condition, sealed brand new in box. Best experience from BlackBerry.

However, this was months ago, when the phone first came out. So there probably weren't a lot of returns being made at the time. I know I'm just echoing others here when I say that it's truly the luck of the draw, and your best bet is to buy from Amazon; the prices on there are better and customer service is top notch, as long as you're buying directly from their warehouses and not some 3rd party seller. They make sure the buyers are protected from dirty dealers like DR. It also probably depends on where you live and what the bylaws are. As another user said, the US has a special place for fraudsters, so we're lucky with online purchases.

 = ♥
    extisis likes this.
    04-07-15 07:43 AM
    All conspiracy theories aside, it took very little detective work to discover this (last paragraph, bolded):

Not Passports but I've bought 2 pairs of Z30's from ShopBlackberry;

First pair during the August 2014 $350/ea pricing sale (first big sale I think they had) and that box is labeled from the Plainfield Returns Center in Indiana on 8/28/2014. I had no indications on either device (1 black, 1 white) that either are refurbished. If they are, they were 100% new-appearing in every way thinkable. Boxes looked new, security tape looked new, plastic protectors on the screens and behind the battery door looked new, and the devices were spotlessly clean without even a speck of dust anywhere inside the boxes.

Second pair during one of the $225/ea sales in November 2014. Those also shipped from Plainfield, on 12/01/2014. Same exact details on both devices; all appearances of nothing but new.

I am surely not attempting to discredit anybody that feels they may have received refurbished devices. I too am concerned to see the Plainfield Returns shipping origin on the boxes. But so far, the first 2 have been fine - the 2nd two I unboxed long enough to set them up, then put them back in the box as spares - price was too good to pass up!

Plainfield is a big clearing house for numerous vendors, not just BB. If you google them a bit you'll find lots of references to them from various brands. This is probably the most interesting bit of information. The address of 2675 Reeves Rd, Plainfield IL, is actually for a company called BrightPoint - which is a large DC for mobile devices. They do distribution, repair, refurbishing, and acceptance of returns. The first part is the key here - they handle distribution as well as the other services. That leads me to believe there's a strong chance that just because your device came from them, doesn't necessarily mean it's a refurb. BrightPoint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Richard
    The previous time I posted that in a thread regarding the Plainfield Returns Center, OP in this thread thought somehow that I was agreeing with him that it meant the phones were certainly refurbished. That is NOT what I am saying.

Richard
    04-07-15 08:27 AM
    I think I must of been fortunate in my dealings with DR. I have ordered two phones from them recently. Both were new and received within a couple of days. I have read some horror stories though and it really made me think the last time I ordered though. Almost went with Amazon except I was gifted a promo code from an awesome member here at crackberry!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 10:13 AM
    If $100 coupon means a refurbished or a used phone from Digital River at Shopblackberry, it should be mentioned before purchase. Otherwise, it's a deceptive sale. Coupon or promotional sale does NEVER mean clearing out refurbished and used stuff.

As to refurbished stuff, you should sell it as refurbished or used like most of companies do. Apple sells refurbished as refurbished, new as new. The sale agent should maintain honesty in business. This is the best policy, honesty.

The reason why I asked my friend to order one with $100 more than my price, is that I want to verify that coupon purchase comes with a refurbished or used phone. The answer to my experience is YES. All my previous three phones came from Digital River return center as the sender's address, but the one my friend ordered is not from return center. That means coupon purchase and replacement are refurbished or used phone.

But what's interesting, even if with a $100 coupon off plus tax, the price is similar to Amazon price. For the similar price, Amazon maybe you get Brand New phone, but at Digital River from Shopblackberry you get a refurbished or used stuff.

What's funny, when Passport appeared, its original price announced $599; but don't know what's reason, they later changed the original price into $699. This is a first dishonesty happened to this Passport. They listed it as $699, but showed up with $100 off to $599. Let buyers believe they saved $100. But in fact, it's NOT. But if a user wants to save $100 with a coupon, he or she will be hit by a refurbished or used phone.

I would have already kept this Passport if its screen is not a little of loose. However, unfortunately, Blackberry quality control is very poor. It does not only allow refurbished or used units to sell as new, but also deficient units to come out for damaging its sale.

I don't like iPhone because it has security and privacy issues, but at least its quality control and sale agent are good. So, maybe I will sell my Z30, and stay away from Blackberry, and go to iPhone.

Seriously, another thread on this topic? It's obvious that the OP wanted $100 off, a deal better than getting it from Amazon and B&H Photo. He/she took a calculated risk and unfortunately it didn't work out. If users suggested contacting BlackBerry Canada, then users would also have informed the OP of Digital River's customer service practices and that it /is/ ShopBlackBerry. Sounds like feigned naivete.

After getting three defective Passports and a refund (a fair resolution), OP had a friend order again from Digital River. Why? This makes no sense after the previous experience. Did Digital River once again have a better price than Amazon and B&H Photo? It's not a secret that Amazon and B&H Photo are selling Passports. It's not a secret that there are threads about Digital River issues. In all the time that was wasted, OP didn't bother to search Digital River?
    04-07-15 12:25 PM
    So you are saying if I want a red one and live in Canada I should pay the full price of 799+tax in order to get a new one? If I use a coupon code I am pretty much guaranteed a used/refurbished one? It's not like Canadians have much choice where to buy the red one from.....

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 01:10 PM
    So you are saying if I want a red one and live in Canada I should pay the full price of 799+tax in order to get a new one? If I use a coupon code I am pretty much guaranteed a used/refurbished one? It's not like Canadians have much choice where to buy the red one from.....
    If you choose to believe the OP and ignore the other people who have reported that they got new units from ShopBlackBerry/Digital River.

If you order from ShopBlackBerry/Digital River, here's what you can expect:

1. Immediate order received notifcation (automated), but not confirmation that it's actually been /processed/
    2. Processed confirmation notification and /another/ for shipping confirmation, though the latter /might/ not happen
    3. You /will/ get your order eventually, though it might take some time, depending on how overwhelmed they are (like during sales). No sale going on? Maybe a week of wait time.
    4. If there's a price drop, they may credit you the difference, but it will depend on /who/ you speak to and whether they've been informed. If they've been informed, no problem and expect it in about 2-3 weeks. If they haven't, then there's /nothing/ they can do, even if you argue with them. They're just reps. Try calling again for another rep, /if/ the discount is worth your time.
    5. If there's something wrong with the device, good luck to you. They will process the return, but reports have been that it's a huge hassle, especially if you're in a hurry.
    6. If there's nothing wrong with the device, you're golden.
    04-07-15 01:55 PM
    Plenty of people here have hated on shopblackberry. I have also posted many times about the excellent customer service from DR. Since BB10 launched I (+ friends and family) have ordered probably around 10 devices with excellent customer service.

Two Passports with no issues other than one with a slightly loose volume key that is barely noticeable. They refunded my credit card $150 when that crazy coupon code was floating around early on for $449 with one simple phone call on a Saturday and a confirmation email come Monday.

I've talked with them after almost every order which would be at my door within 2-3 days. Never any issues. If I do decide to get a Leap over a Z30, I'd order again from them. I've said before, maybe my history with them helps or maybe not.

I do tend to believe that on any forum the negative will be posted. Nobody will post my Passport came to my house fine from shopblackberry. Although your situation is a bit out there regarding multiple devices, etc. Amazon's customer service is generally excellent and no issue return policy.

Any defects that come up would be covered under the BlackBerry one year warranty + the new BlackBerry insurance was a good move. If everything you say is correct, I would have just ordered from Amazon. Both of the Passports from shopblackberry, one from September, are both still running flawless hardware and software, not to mention the Z10s, Z30s, etc.

Based on my experience with shopblackberry, I've always thought the hate is a bit much. If your situation is accurate and the devices were all truly defective that is definitely an issue that needs to be resolved. At least you were refunded in the end even though that doesn't make up for wasted time. Definitely order from Amazon next time.

I remember a poster here saying he received like 5 defective Passports in a row and turned into a huge thread early on when the Passport launched. The odds are just difficult to believe. The black Passport has a loose volume key and the red Passport from shopblackberry is perfect. I guess I could have went into a tailspin if I returned the black due to the slightly loose volume key, etc.

Idk, on a keyboard phone you might have some minimal lightbleed. Not anything I'd return over, besides dead pixels or real issues. I feel the hardware is excellent on the Passport. Dropped a bunch of times while out, even to the point of cracking the hard shell without any mark or scratch on the device.

I'm not so much posting this to the OP, but just my experience. Again, order from Amazon if worried about these "horror" stories. At least we have options when ordering and Amazon really will do anything for their customers.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    04-07-15 02:32 PM
    I have ordered 3 Z10, four Z30, one Passport. The first shipment took like a month to arrive. The subsequent orders I used two day or quick shipping option and they arrived in two or three days. So far none of the phone I ordered has a hardware related problem. Knock on wood.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-07-15 02:43 PM
    I got my Classic a day sooner than promised and seems great so far. I don't know how to tell refurb but i can tell it isn't used.
    04-07-15 03:20 PM
76 1234