Be ware and keep caution when you want to place an order at Digital River directly from Shopblackberry store.

I don't know what is Shopblackberry, and also don't know what is Digital River. But I know they wasted my time and damaged my purchase.

First, I placed an order with $100 off coupon and received a defective Blackberry Passport from Digital River at direct order on Shopblackberry. It's scratched much and didn't allow exchange. Then I was informed by some users to contact Blackberry in Canada directly. Promised a replacement and returned it to Blackberry in Canada. That first defective phone came from Digital River return center.

Secondly, I received a first replacement from Digital River requested by Blackberry in Canada. This one did still come from Digital River return center. It came with a defective digitized screen. Frustrated and had to return it to Blackberry Canada and promised second replacement.

Thirdly, I received a second replacement from Digital River requested by Blackberry in Canada. It's still from digital river return center. It came with a loose screen and a dented poor dirty packing box. Contacted Blackberry in Canada but refused exchange, and only returned for refund.

This purchase costed me about a month for return and exchange. Wasted lots of my time, but finally got nothing.

Unbelievable terrible customer service from the sale agent Digital River.

Fourthly, I asked my friend to order one for me. He ordered one without coupon. And this Passport is not from Digital River Return center, but from other place. I guess all replacements are from return center which are also refurbished and reboxed. But unfortunately, this one still comes with a loose screen, but not that worse than previous loose screen. I asked my friend to return it. But Digital River asked him to contact technical department first to make sure it has issues, then allowed return. But what's strange, if no return to Blackberry, how could a technician have a chance to know its screen is a little of loose? Not only their service is offensive, but also their logic of their mind is aggressive.

Of course, my friend will try his credit card company to get money back from Digital River, if they still refused a return.

But of course, I will never buy any stuff at Digital River from Shopblackberry store.

I need to save my time and throw away my trust on Blackberry.
    04-06-15 01:01 PM
    All of four Passports have been recorded and pictured. I really feel sad about my purchase at Shopblackberry via the sale agent Digital River.
    04-06-15 01:03 PM
    Be ware and keep caution when you want to place an order at Digital River directly from Shopblackberry store.

I don't know what is Shopblackberry, and also don't know what is Digital River. But I know they wasted my time and damaged my purchase.

First, I placed an order with $100 off coupon and received a defective Blackberry Passport from Digital River at direct order on Shopblackberry. It's scratched much and didn't allow exchange. Then I was informed by some users to contact Blackberry in Canada directly. Promised a replacement and returned it to Blackberry in Canada. That first defective phone came from Digital River return center.

Secondly, I received a first replacement from Digital River requested by Blackberry in Canada. This one did still come from Digital River return center. It came with a defective digitized screen. Frustrated and had to return it to Blackberry Canada and promised second replacement.

Thirdly, I received a second replacement from Digital River requested by Blackberry in Canada. It's still from digital river return center. It came with a loose screen and a dented poor dirty packing box. Contacted Blackberry in Canada but refused exchange, and only returned for refund.

This purchase costed me about a month for return and exchange. Wasted lots of my time, but finally got nothing.

Fourthly, I asked my friend to order one for me. He ordered one without coupon. And this Passport is not from Digital River Return center, but from other place. I guess all replacements are from return center which are also refurbished and reboxed. But unfortunately, this one still comes with a loose screen, but not that worse than previous loose screen. I asked my friend to return it. But Digital River asked him to contact technical department first to make sure it has issues, then allowed return. But what's strange, if no return to Blackberry, how could a technician have a chance to know its screen is a little of loose? Not only their service is offensive, but also their logic of their mind is aggressive.

Of course, my friend will try his credit card company to get money back from Digital River, if they still refused a return.

But of course, I will never buy any stuff at Digital River from Shopblackberry store.

Have you tried Amazon? They are good. None of the stuff I ordered on Amazon till now has turned out bad.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 01:05 PM
    With all the bad threads regarding DR, I am very surprised that people still order from them!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.281
    04-06-15 01:09 PM
    I will never order anything from Digital River. I should learn other users's lessons.
    extisis likes this.
    04-06-15 01:12 PM
    Got mine from Amazon for $400, listed as used. It arrived with the original screen protector still in place and the device was flawless. I could not be happier! Plus, if you do get defective items from Amazon, returns are almost effortless.

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 and extisis like this.
    04-06-15 01:14 PM
    Got mine from Digital River back in October so mine was guaranteed new. Maybe with the returns these few months, they are sending them out as new.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 01:16 PM
    Sounds similar to my experience. I eventually gave up, realizing that there is no such thing as a flawless Passport. Now in the latest set of events, my limited edition Red Passport started flaking black paint off of the painted stainless steel sides.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 01:20 PM
    I too had a miserable experience with digitalriver & BlackBerry is burying themselves with this disgraceful supplier... further, I am convinced BlackBerry is receiving returns under the 30day satisfaction guaranty & reselling them as new... for this, in the USA, there are jail cells a'waiting... fraud is a felony in all 50 states. The telltale sign is the lack of an outlet store to sell off the used fones at discount... where are they ?? Just sayin'

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 01:50 PM
    I ordered from DR because I thought they were Blackberry? Blackberry links to them off their page??? What's their relationship?
    04-06-15 01:55 PM
    They contract with them... BlackBerry never touches their stuff... made in China or somewhere, assembled in Mexico, sold in some DR warehouse in Indiana or NJ or somewhere... what a disgrace! They are not interested in customer service. The CEO is there to run it into the dirt, & that is MY Opinion... Amazing!
    extisis likes this.
    04-06-15 02:14 PM
    I believe you. I didn't have a good experwith DR and I would never order again. I would rather pay the extra money and get it elsewhere.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    04-06-15 02:29 PM
    Got mine from DR. It took 3 weeks to receive, but 6 months later still flawless. It's a hit and miss and Digital river.
    04-06-15 03:00 PM
    So is it best to get Blackberry phones from someplace like Amazon or B&H Photo? I got my Passport at B&H.
    04-06-15 03:07 PM
    I ordered two from Digital River. Both were new and in excellent shape.

Even if they send refurbished replacements, those devices should still be thoroughly tested. Please post your pictures.
    04-06-15 03:21 PM
    Not only pictures and videos, I also have over 60 emails about that return and exchange. Consumed lots of my time and energy in trying to get a good new phone. I now also gave up, stayed with Z30.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    04-06-15 03:56 PM
    How come you didn't try buying it from Amazon the 4th time. They have great customer service and I don't think they would send you a refurbished one like DR does. Can you still return the last one from DR?
    04-06-15 04:00 PM
    Feel the OP Pain... Went through 3 Iphone 6 in one month... and to top it off the forth bricked on on of the imfamous OS 8 update. Bought my Z30 from ShopBlackberry last year... no issue... fast service.. unfortunately you get duds... obviously more from DR but nonetheless does happen... does not help the OP's situation... but judging from the amount of complaints about DR, I would personally only use Amazon or Carrier purchase.... good luck to the OP and try not to be too discouraged as it can happen to anyone...
    04-06-15 04:00 PM
    Does Chen know about this?

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-06-15 04:17 PM

File a BBB complaint
    Digital River, Inc. Business Review in Minnetonka, MN - Minnesota and North Dakota BBB
    extisis and moody like this.
    04-06-15 05:11 PM
    Should of ordered off Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 05:22 PM
    So is it best to get Blackberry phones from someplace like Amazon or B&H Photo? I got my Passport at B&H.
    Amazon is probably the best to buy anything online. I always had great customer service with them and they ship very quickly.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 05:24 PM
    At the end of the day, how is ordering from Amazon or anyone else going to resolve the issue that the devices were defective? Perhaps it would have saved the hassle of dealing with DR, but it would not solve the hardware problems.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 05:48 PM
    At the end of the day, how is ordering from Amazon or anyone else going to resolve the issue that the devices were defective? Perhaps it would have saved the hassle of dealing with DR, but it would not solve the hardware problems.

Posted via CB10
    Because it seems like the complaints of defective devices and used sold as new come mostly and mainly form Digital River.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    04-06-15 05:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Because I think digital river doesn't care to make sure the devices are not defective? Amazon at least puts the effort.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 05:56 PM
76 123 ...