06-17-15 06:13 AM
70 123
tools
    I know what yall going to say: passport is designed for professionals
    But truth is only a few percent of ppl are executives and BlackBerry needs consumers in order to be sustainable. The passport doesn't stand out in any aspect: apps ios and android, screen android are gorgeous, keyboard there are Bluetooth keyboards for devices, camera ios is better. Give me your reasons to get a passport as a consumer

Posted via CB10
    Sonda Santiago, torco3 and SergPro like this.
    05-28-15 12:25 PM
    I'm a consumer and have a passport. It's a great device. I honestly believe it's one of the best devices on the market right now, hardware and software. It's easy to use, looks good, it's unique and interesting.

If I wanted a slab, I would get one. But like the blackberry engineers said when they were putting it together. "We don't want to build another iphone."

Work Wide and Prosper
    hindsketchup238 likes this.
    05-28-15 12:27 PM
    BB10

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    05-28-15 12:28 PM
    I am a consumer. Not any enterprise user. I use Passport for keyboard,design,screen,BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    fanisk likes this.
    05-28-15 12:30 PM
    It's a smartphone, not a gameboy, I wanted !

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-28-15 12:32 PM
    The passport doesn't stand out in any aspect: apps ios and android, screen android are gorgeous, keyboard there are Bluetooth keyboards for devices, camera ios is better. Give me your reasons to get a passport as a consumer

Posted via CB10
    PassPort is the most unique device on the market. Not sure what else you could possibly want? I guess you haven't had the chance to play with one but it all about the SCREEN and Keyboard combo. However I don't really encourage to many consumers to get a BlackBerry anymore just because of software and app support.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 01:05 PM
    From your comments, OP, you sound like you already have your preferences and I'm not really sure why you started this thread.

That said, I am a consumer and love my Passport - but I don't need to convince you of its value as a consumer device. I only ever needed to convince myself.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    wincyUt, NtotheK, JRF_1986 and 4 others like this.
    05-28-15 01:10 PM
    Its not too tall meaning it doesn't poke you in the pelvis when you're sitting down or putting on shoes ahahaha

But seriously, its amazing to scroll without touching the screen.

The battery life is amazing and call quality is amazing.

I could go on forever, but in the end I say just buy it.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 01:11 PM
    So you mean USA market. Well half the population are liberal democrats that despise professionals and experts. Some despise capitalism and there for do not even seek to better their own lifes....EVEN WITH THE OPPORTUNITY AND ABILITY TO DO IT.

You cant be a dumb consumer when you own a Blackberry. You will become smart and efficient. Alot of regular people dont like that so a better question can be made. Can a consumer become smart enough to buy a Passport or and BB10 System?
    miker476, beamolite and Powdah like this.
    05-28-15 01:13 PM
    I don't know that it would appeal to those that play around with lots of apps but there are an awful lot of people who want a smart phone mostly for the things that BB is very good at - ease of use, smooth OS, great screen, ability to see everything in one place (HUB), and perhaps something that most non-users don't realize; the Passport has the best battery life of any smart phone out there and while obviously I can't prove that, I'd be willing to put money on it. I have my screen turned up to 100%, WiFi on all the time, Hotspot in use fairly often and location services always on and my battery lasts me ALL day (at least 17 hrs) and probably longer since I put it on the charger each night.
    beamolite and Ewai21 like this.
    05-28-15 01:13 PM
    I'm a consumer.

I love first and foremost BB10.

Secondly - this phone is so different looking I had to possess it

Thirdly - Crystal Clear phone calls

Fourthly - Battery, oh I love you battery.

Fifthly - Cause I said so.

Posted via CB10
    beamolite likes this.
    05-28-15 01:23 PM
    I work in hospitality and quite often find myself in different countries and flights.. I need a device I can rely on to use MS office efficiently, with a physical keyboard and a perfect screen

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 01:32 PM
    If you like PKB, it's obviously the best out there for that. IMO it's a waste of space, but some people type a lot on there phones, I don't. I think the only other reason is if you are a Blackberry fan or are enamered with the unique design. Specs are all pedestrian, Apps and Support inferior.
    05-28-15 01:34 PM
    I'm a consumer and the Passport is unique and rich in features. The BB10 OS works perfectly for me and nowadays I am wondering how I got used to Android.

I have used Android for years (from Galaxy S2, S4)..

Incredible battery lifetime, superb screen brightness and very good sound quality.

The most fun part is that people just don't know what kind of smartphone you are using. They only know IPhone or Samsung Galaxy (Netherlands)

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 01:50 PM
    Nice device but I don't recommend it to a regular consumer. They are better served by a real android device offering all features available to android.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 01:59 PM
    No offense, but the fact that you said "the Passport doesn't stand out in any aspect" shows that you don't get what the Passport is.

In fact, the one thing that the Passport for sure does is stand out.

A Bluetooth keyboard for another device is not the same as the Passport keyboard. The Passport keyboard is unlike any keyboard that exists, and the keyboard alone is enough of a reason to get the Passport.

If you are a consumer that likes the newest games on your phone, no BlackBerry is for you, though you could of course go through the process of sideloading or using Snap or whatever to get apps.

I'm a consumer and don't have any use for the Passport other than it being great to type on, make calls on, use the web browser and it has a pretty good camera too.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    05-28-15 02:33 PM
    If you get the hang of the keyboard with it's predictions and shortcuts I think you won't mis the touch keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 02:52 PM
    Because you like it.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    05-28-15 03:05 PM
    Because it works well. And you have 14-days (?) to return to Amazon? Keyboard is excellent by the way.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 03:19 PM
    All of the passport stands out, whenever I put my phone in a table it causes impact, people asking for it, it's an eye catcher also BB10 OS it's amazing!
    05-28-15 03:21 PM
    Messaging, blogging, all forms of social media! With a beautiful large bright screen and a REAL keyboard nothing beats it!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 03:24 PM
    OP...
    Battery life
    Physical KB (no double typing here)
    Speed
    OS stability, performance and reliability
    Screen real estate
    Flexibility of use (USB to go)
    File management within device, and between SDCARD and device
    Not having to go thru iTunes for managing content..a huge bonus for video, music, documents etc

Apps...depends on preference but most I understand are already available thru some means or another.

Just a few key benefits that any consumer would enjoy.
    05-28-15 03:40 PM
    Oh my goodness! There is so much that BlackBerry better than the competitors. Just to name a few: Trackpad keyboard, display like computer screen when viewing Word document, email, spread sheet, X-ray film, web page display, Battery last almost forever, Security is top nut, Live Video Screen Sharing mode, HUB is the best feature, Peek, true multi-tasking - no need to open zillion apps just to reply to individual.
    05-28-15 03:41 PM
    OP...
    Battery life
    Physical KB (no double typing here)
    Speed
    OS stability, performance and reliability
    Screen real estate
    Flexibility of use (USB to go)
    File management within device, and between SDCARD and device
    Not having to go thru iTunes for managing content..a huge bonus for video, music, documents etc

Apps...depends on preference but most I understand are already available thru some means or another.

Just a few key benefits that any consumer would enjoy.
    Great point. No bloody iTunes. Huge benefit.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 03:58 PM
    Not all consumers are created equal. Everybody has different needs and deeds.

Via Pasta CB10
    05-28-15 04:20 PM
70 123