One of the amazing things I noticed was the absolute clarity of video recording and more so the SOUND in the recording was crystal clear. With all the (4 I believe) microphones on this thing the clarity of sound in video recordings is amazing.

The physical keyboard is great for use in typing and touch sensitive scrolling.

Not to mention the call quality is crazy good, and the hub is just slick as hell. No more multi tapping around to see all and everything that has a notification.

The ability to set up the priority hub even speeds up the process of getting to the notifications that are truly important to me.

Custom notifications and custom notification light colors are the bomb. I know if my wife has sent me something because the notification light is pink...instead of some other color.

I could go on but you notice I have not said anything about games...I have an iPad for games and movies and fun time entertainment.

I have a blackberry to communicate, and get things done quickly and efficiently...and with the massive battery life...I never am in the quandry of do I need to charge it in the middle of the day to ensure I can still be contacted in the evening.

Posted via CB10
    clitrenta likes this.
    05-28-15 04:05 PM
    Thanks guys for the responses. I'm on day 2 of testing a passport and it's getting better I still don't know if to return this phone or sell my iPhone but it's getting better. I'll post a feedback soon and BTW I can't keep both devices one has to go... for the ppl who got offended it was not to offend or downgrade BlackBerry it was to highlight the strengths of the device

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 04:26 PM
    No one else has one so you'll be instantly cooler.

All passport users are incidental hipsters.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    05-28-15 04:33 PM
    Thanks guys for the responses. I'm on day 2 of testing a passport and it's getting better I still don't know if to return this phone or sell my iPhone but it's getting better. I'll post a feedback soon and BTW I can't keep both devices one has to go... for the ppl who got offended it was not to offend or downgrade BlackBerry it was to highlight the strengths of the device

Posted via CB10
    Do what you gotta do. I do think that you would switch if for no other reason than to actually do more than one thing at a time.
    05-28-15 04:58 PM
    1. For being taken serious
    2. Stand out
    3. You don't waste time on the app/game craze, even though we have enough

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 05:02 PM
    When people see a Blackberry in someone's hand, they know that the person is serious about communication and productivity.

Posted via CB10
    Madhuchandran likes this.
    05-28-15 08:38 PM
    It plan out runs smooth.
    No slow downs like Android. And less glitches than Iphone

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 09:22 PM
    I am a consumer. Love the screen size. It's great for work emails when I'm out of the office. Makes me more productive.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    05-28-15 10:03 PM
    I am a consumer. Love the screen size. It's great for work emails when I'm out of the office. Makes me more productive.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    The age old question does size matter? Length or width? (i6 plus vs passport people! What were you thinking?)

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 10:17 PM
    I know what yall going to say: passport is designed for professionals
    But truth is only a few percent of ppl are executives and BlackBerry needs consumers in order to be sustainable. The passport doesn't stand out in any aspect: apps ios and android, screen android are gorgeous, keyboard there are Bluetooth keyboards for devices, camera ios is better. Give me your reasons to get a passport as a consumer

Posted via CB10
    When you say camera ios better is that through your own experience or another i-diots ip6 owners opinion? I and my colleague have compared few times same group workers photos which were taken by PP, IP6 and Note4 in the same room with indoor lighting with same distance, most now agree that PP photos are better than IP6 which constantly darker than PP photo. Thats in a real life usage.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    05-28-15 10:57 PM
    To look like 'prosumer'...

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 12:07 AM
    But truth is only a few percent of ppl are executives and BlackBerry needs consumers in order to be sustainable. The passport doesn't stand out in any aspect: apps ios and android, screen android are gorgeous, keyboard there are Bluetooth keyboards for devices, camera ios is better. Give me your reasons to get a passport as a consumer

Posted via CB10
    I own a Passport as a personal device and I agree with others that it's the best daily driver I've owned. I also have an iPhone 6 and a Nexus 5 (and older iphones and android devices collecting dust, lol).

I disagree with the implication that Android apps don't look good on the 1:1 Passport screen. They upsize beautifully, imho. I know there are accounts of some apps not properly rendering so it's not perfect but hasn't been an issue for me personally. Two examples that I use frequently - Google Maps and MoonReader+ Pro - are gorgeous imho.

Things I like about the Passport (including BB10 features): Quick Settings, Hub, Touch capacitive keyboard with actions/shortcuts, Active Frames, Screen (high res, nice dpi), File Management (RFA via Link), BlackBerry Blend, Custom LED for select contacts, voice call quality, signal reception, sound quality (I used the phone on speakerphone regularly where appropriate), the WIDE screen for messaging, email, documents, etc, easy sharing across the platform, battery life...

Camera takes fantastic shots if your subject isn't moving. The auto-focus needs a little software loving, no doubt about it. Apparently that's better in 10.3.2 so here's hoping they can improve on it.

That's all I could think of at the moment, but it's quite a bit. I also enjoy the Nexus and IP6 but the Passport is a beaut. I think the negative perception of BlackBerry keeps more people from taking a chance on the device than the actual form factor itself. It's definitely not for everyone but for those that like it, they really really like it a lot.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    05-29-15 04:50 AM
    One more reason why PP:

05-29-15 05:20 AM
    It's a smartphone, not a gameboy, I wanted !

Posted via CB10
    It can be a Game Boy too http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11605093 which is a reason I like Passport as a consumer is to side load apps and have a file manager to be able to do things like this in BB10
    05-29-15 06:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ok, clearly you have your head against BlackBerry. Just return your device and stick with Apple.

I've had BlackBerry since the mid 2000's, and been using them as a business device and a consumer device. The passport beats out a lot of Android consumer devices and I personally feel that it's better than the iPhone.

My wife has an iPhone 6 and she's getting a passport on Monday and she can't wait. She's used my passport at great length and she loves the feel, the OS, the camera better than the iPhone. The only thing that's a bit of an issue is a few apps that she currently uses for her job aren't available for BlackBerry or android.

Everyone has personal choices and the fact that you have asked in the passport forum about what age people are, why the passport is a consumer device and you have made multiple threads about the Front facing camera (not called a selfie camera LMFAO). Maybe BlackBerry isn't for you and you should stick with the iPhone.

Posted via my Passport
    05-29-15 07:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    And also, the passport does stand out, best keyboard experience in the mobile market and you don't need to haul out a massive keyboard for bluetooth connections and writing a massive email, most intuitive for word predictions, can't beat the resolution or the square screen, one of the best PPI in the industry.

The passport stands out more than you think. Maybe give it an honest try instead of being negative or stick with a mediocre Iphone...

Posted via my Passport
    05-29-15 07:12 AM
    Responding to the OP, I disagree: The Passport does indeed stand out by virtue of the screen, IMO. It represents a paradigm shift, akin to moving from reading newspaper columns to reading a book. That makes it unique compared to every other competing phone out there. Once you prize that distinction, it becomes a compelling product, even for non-business users.
    05-29-15 08:12 AM
    Purchased my white passport as a consumer unlocked from BB and absolutely love the phone. Convinced my boss to upgrade my work Q10 to a Passport. It's a perfect device for consumers and enterprise. Although I do prefer the original version over the AT&T version they are both wonderful.
    05-29-15 09:17 AM
    Perfect for consumers who want the best communication, want great design, different form factor

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 09:34 AM
    BB10 is the main reason. Well thought out, quick for frequent tasks.
    Keyboard is another good reason. Your claim that keyboard is not important because there are bluetooth devices sounds silly. Why have speakers, why have a screen, they can all be external devices?!? Really, a hardware keyboard is important for good input, and as a means to quickly navigate the system using hotkeys.
    And as stated before, if you are nailed into the iOS bubble: imagine, no more iTunes software. Jeez, what a buttrape of a program that is, both on Windows as well as on Mac. By all means, try Blend. Use it to communicate, manage your files and calendar. So sweet.
    And another thing that turns me off iOS in a big way and makes me love BB10: I have a filemanager. I know where my files are. I can move them, rename them, zip and unzip them.
    You know why I get that option?
    BECAUSE I AM THE BOSS. THE DEVICE WORKS FOR ME, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!
    You are not allowed to do that on your iDevice. They will think FOR you. Don't worry your pretty little head about it... But don't try to take the wheel now!

So, there.

A choice between an iPhone or a Passport would be dead easy for me. Hope this helps you make the fitting choice for you: the power and efficiency of the Passport, or the 'form over function' compromise that is the iPhone.
    05-29-15 09:35 AM
    It's a great communication device (thanks, Hub) and has great battery life. There are so many shades of gray (fifty?) about consumers and 'pros' that it's difficult to define a consumer; does a consumer make just a few emails, whatsapp, calendar appointments, calls, pictures, alarms, notes, and a lot of Facebook, twitter and instagram? Do 'pros' do the opposite? The Passport does all this just fine!

I do a lot of work on my Passport and don't consider myself a 'pro.' I absolutely love the keyboard and it's shortcuts because they make me productive, but I'm not sure that makes me a 'pro' as well. Another thing I really love is its speakerphone: I can place the phone on my desk and carry a conversation while I do some other thing, or just hold it in my hand while checking some other stuff on it (email, appointments, documents) related to the conversation.

I've found that my Passport serves me well as my only phone. It takes care of all my communication needs and I love it.
    05-29-15 12:27 PM
    It depends what kind of consumer you are. For example I'm a birder. The phone suits me perfectly because I am able to easily read and reply to emails in regards to new bird sightings. As I spend a lot of time outdoors, the display is one of the best out there for reading outdoors. The keyboard makes it easy to send out reports and sightings of my own to birders out there.

I think it's misleading to say it's only good for professionals. I think it's good to say that the Passport is excellent for those who are on the go and need a good communication tool without any fuss. The last thing you want to do is mess around with your phone when you should be focused on your bird.

As for apps, I managed to download all the apps I was using previously on my Android device and they work perfectly on the Passport. Video, picture and music consumption is perfectly fine too.

Social media seems to work pretty good too. I only use FB and Linked In and it works fine (though I only recently started using Linked In). FB app works great. I can share anything from anywhere instantly on the go.

But it could be that your specific needs demand a different device. My needs demand the Passport. I'm very happy.
    05-29-15 12:45 PM
    Brand Loyalty. There I said and actually mean it. Blackberry makes the best handheld devices and as a consumer that is one reson I stick with products.
    05-29-15 12:57 PM
    When you say camera ios better is that through your own experience or another i-diots ip6 owners opinion? I and my colleague have compared few times same group workers photos which were taken by PP, IP6 and Note4 in the same room with indoor lighting with same distance, most now agree that PP photos are better than IP6 which constantly darker than PP photo. Thats in a real life usage.
    I love my Passport but as far as I'm concerned, the best camera on a phone belongs to the Nokia Lumia Windows Phones, especially the 1020. No comparison. Amazing low light clarity. At any rate, you can't choose a phone for one feature (typically). You need to base your decision on the sum of the parts which is why I choose PP over all others.
    05-29-15 02:50 PM
    One good reason to buy a Passport: so a text message bug doesn't crash your phone like what is happening with the iPhones. Never had a text message disable any of my BlackBerry devices, ever.
    05-29-15 03:54 PM
70 123