I have been using the iPhone 11 and recently grabbed my Passport SE from the drawer. I use my iPhone for personal and work (email, calls, etc.) and I am considering the dual carry option. I have read through these forums quite a bit and understand there are many threads on this topic. I wanted to re-invigorate some discussion...

Essentially, I am not much of a heavy app user. I like using the banking apps and such, but I am not on social media and have no need to be. I have heavy need for texting and email and feel the iPhone just doesn't suit my needs. I tried the KeyOne Black Edition as well as the Key2 LE. I ended up getting rid of both. So, only a few questions remain:

1) Will the Passport SE still be useful enough for email/texting as long as I dual carry with the iPhone?

2) Is the Key2 truly better than the LE and, if so, would that be the better route using dual Sim and carrying only one phone?

Portability isn't much of an issue for me and dual carrying is only a minor inconvenience. I also understand most of this falls to personal preference, but with my circle of friends having abandoned BlackBerry long ago, there is little out there for me in terms of advice or consultation.

Thank you BlackBerry loyalists for the honest and useful engagement!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-20 01:35 PM
    I have been using the iPhone 11 and recently grabbed my Passport SE from the drawer. I use my iPhone for personal and work (email, calls, etc.) and I am considering the dual carry option. I have read through these forums quite a bit and understand there are many threads on this topic. I wanted to re-invigorate some discussion...

Essentially, I am not much of a heavy app user. I like using the banking apps and such, but I am not on social media and have no need to be. I have heavy need for texting and email and feel the iPhone just doesn't suit my needs. I tried the KeyOne Black Edition as well as the Key2 LE. I ended up getting rid of both. So, only a few questions remain:

1) Will the Passport SE still be useful enough for email/texting as long as I dual carry with the iPhone?

2) Is the Key2 truly better than the LE and, if so, would that be the better route using dual Sim and carrying only one phone?

Portability isn't much of an issue for me and dual carrying is only a minor inconvenience. I also understand most of this falls to personal preference, but with my circle of friends having abandoned BlackBerry long ago, there is little out there for me in terms of advice or consultation.

Thank you BlackBerry loyalists for the honest and useful engagement!

Posted via CB10
    1) Yes
    2) Yes. If you're used to or invested in the Apple ecosystem, then option 1 might be your best choice.
    03-01-20 02:16 PM
    I was in the same situation as you. I was using an iPhone X as my daily driver but I really don't like to type on glass. So I went back to using my beloved Passport and keep my iPhone in my briefcase. I personally don't carry around 2 phones in my pockets.

I find that I don't miss many other apps to get through a productive day. But that depends on your worflow.

The only app that I use professionally and would like to have on my Passport is MS teams.

Posted via CB10
    Christopher Guidry likes this.
    03-02-20 01:29 PM
    I was in the same situation as you. I was using an iPhone X as my daily driver but I really don't like to type on glass. So I went back to using my beloved Passport and keep my iPhone in my briefcase. I personally don't carry around 2 phones in my pockets.

I find that I don't miss many other apps to get through a productive day. But that depends on your worflow.

The only app that I use professionally and would like to have on my Passport is MS teams.

Posted via CB10
    So can you get by without MS Teams?

In the end just one missing app can be the difference in a functional devices and one that isn't functional.

For some that might have been Candy Crush or Netflix a few years ago, others it might be MS Teams or SLACK.

While I get that for some, features like Phone, Email and TEXT is all they need to be productive, that isn't enough for most in the work force today. Those that think Email is the top way to communicate, are probable on the edge of retirement...
    03-02-20 02:30 PM