Today I got an email from work that starting from the 1st of March BlackBerry services will be discontinued. And Iphones will be the the corporate device of choice.

It really is bad since Iphones were offered by work, more than 98% of the 2000 plus employees made the switch to Iphones and left their blackberries and now they are discontinuing BlackBerry serives and forcing the last 2% to use Iphones.

Really don't know what to say. BlackBerry gave up on bb10 and now corporation which are supposed to be BlackBerry main target market are leaving BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    01-05-16 02:57 PM
    This is not new is it? It's been happening for the last 7 years and even BlackBerry have moved to android. Yet you get irrational diehards on here still trying to force BlackBerry to remain with BlackBerry 10 (futile attempt as the case may be). I do understand their love for a really good OS which BlackBerry 10 is yet, it's inadequate. I love it too as I had a passport which I sold for the Priv but, I still have a z10 though it's hardly used.

BlackBerry has got to give the people what they want.

First rule of business when it comes to serving and retaining your customers...

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

Long live BlackBerry. Long live Android.
    wincyUt likes this.
    01-05-16 03:06 PM
    My company has gone from all BlackBerry to Apple / Android as well.

I myself will be getting a Samsung next month.

It was a great ride BlackBerry, but I'm getting off now.

Posted via CB10
    rick0415 and techvisor like this.
    01-05-16 03:12 PM
    what they probably meant is that they won't have a BBES. That's OK because Passports work just fine with microsoft active synch which could be the system they will use.
    01-05-16 07:12 PM
    what they probably meant is that they won't have a BBES. That's OK because Passports work just fine with microsoft active synch which could be the system they will use.
    That's not what he said. He said they were getting iPhones.
    techvisor likes this.
    01-05-16 08:18 PM
    That sucks....oh well. Like was said before if it's activsync, you should still be able to use a blackberry with your corporate mail. I was the only upper level manager still using blackberry at my old company. They were fine with it. If you have to use the iphone, it's easy to use and free is always a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 08:31 PM
    Is the bad news BlackBerry losing those 2% i.e. 20 phones?

Q10 \m/
    01-05-16 09:57 PM
    I'm the only one in my company using a BlackBerry, all others on iPhone. We utilise active sync so I have no issues, email, contacts, reminders etc all sync perfectly.

Only disappointing part is having to use Amazon store for a few busines s apps like OneNote OneDrive for Business.

I would also be interested to switch from Passport. Thing holding me back is screen width, if Passport V2 was released running Android then I'd be 90% sure I would switch.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 12:55 AM
    Start your own company and all employees must use a blackberry or just find another employer
    01-06-16 12:58 AM
    Start your own company and all employees must use a blackberry or just find another employer
    Sounds a recipe for success in business and or career.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-06-16 01:42 AM
    Lol I thought so too
    01-06-16 03:00 AM
    Too be honest... here in the US, other than some DoD people I know there isn't a BlackBerry presences in the corporate world anymore. Most have gone BOYD where you can bring whatever, or the company has gone Apple and issues iPad and iPhones.
    01-06-16 07:19 AM
    Too be honest... here in the US, other than some DoD people I know there isn't a BlackBerry presences in the corporate world anymore. Most have gone BOYD where you can bring whatever, or the company has gone Apple and issues iPad and iPhones.
    I actually wonder how many companies actually issues iPhones. The one I work for went with Good, with both iPhone and BYOD options. However for you to go the iPhone route, they make you go through levels and levels of approvals, essentially going all out to make sure you don't get one and force you on BYOD. Funny thing is my coworker has a flip phone with a company issued Curve, and was trying to go the iPhone route. Right now ended up sticking with the Curve for now essentially stalling their "migration efforts off BES". Or maybe my company is just cheap...
    01-06-16 08:44 AM
    Are your devices corporate owned and provided or BYOD?
    phoenix55 likes this.
    01-06-16 08:46 AM
    I know of a large corporation that was all BlackBerry having their own BES server, they are now switching away and issuing employees with iPhones, they don't allow BYOD and they don't want BlackBerry anymore. So it looks like there are quite a few companies moving away.

Why BlackBerry? Because I can!
    01-06-16 08:54 AM
    I went back into Crackberry videos from a couple of years ago to watch clips from BlackBerry Live 2013 and the coverage they did.

I remember the optimism shown by the crew about the future of BB10 and the "plans" they had. It was about the time where BBM was going cross platform.

Those were the days. So much potential, not enough action.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Blacklatino and Vistaus like this.
    01-06-16 09:12 AM
    I thought the DoD only leased BlackBerry patents? And to be frank I don't think the American public would be cool with the idea of the DoD, or any Agency, using tax payer dollars to buy employees iPhones. With that, those I know in the government sector (including Military) all use iPhones (that they bought themselves).

As for BOYD, yes, this in an Americanism. Meaning, we (the business) don't want to pay for your phone.
    modifier likes this.
    01-06-16 11:19 AM
    This is not new is it? It's been happening for the last 7 years and even BlackBerry have moved to android. Yet you get irrational diehards on here still trying to force BlackBerry to remain with BlackBerry 10 (futile attempt as the case may be). I do understand their love for a really good OS which BlackBerry 10 is yet, it's inadequate. I love it too as I had a passport which I sold for the Priv but, I still have a z10 though it's hardly used.

BlackBerry has got to give the people what they want.

First rule of business when it comes to serving and retaining your customers...

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

Long live BlackBerry. Long live Android.

Yet they still have more BB10 customers than android customers. They should at least listen to their main consumer rather than trying to gain more. If they cant keep people on Blackberry why would they think they can get anyone else to buy their products. Trading a fraction of a percent of total market share for a new fraction of a percent of total market share.... I don't see them ever capturing even half of the current BB10 user base in android users. Blackberry cant react nearly fast enough to keep up with the android market and what they do offer that differentiates them from the rest either will never work well or no one cares about.
    I honestly don't understand the strategy to even test the market with Android. The market is fully saturated with Android and they are joining so late in the game that any day it will shift again. Its pretty much guaranteed failure if that is all they do. I honestly don't think BB10 had anything to do with the fall of Blackberry.
    01-06-16 11:36 AM
    Iphone is a fxck up...worst phone ever.

Mia San Mia!
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-06-16 11:38 AM
    Lol. I know some android phones that are too. Funny I can't think of any Bb10 phones that were in the same class of crap.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-06-16 11:58 AM
    Iphone is a fxck up...worst phone ever.

Mia San Mia!
    There is one thing I like about iOS. All compatible phones get software upgrades at the same time, carriers can't do a thing about it.
    techvisor and Avenzuno like this.
    01-06-16 12:15 PM
    Today I got an email from work that starting from the 1st of March BlackBerry services will be discontinued. And Iphones will be the the corporate device of choice.

It really is bad since Iphones were offered by work, more than 98% of the 2000 plus employees made the switch to Iphones and left their blackberries and now they are discontinuing BlackBerry serives and forcing the last 2% to use Iphones.

Really don't know what to say. BlackBerry gave up on bb10 and now corporation which are supposed to be BlackBerry main target market are leaving BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    What's the corporate expense to support 40 people? Honestly, if you were head bean-counter, would you?
    01-06-16 12:22 PM
    BlackBerry has made 1 Android phone. Post the articles where you all are getting this BB10 discontinued information from.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by drewood66; 01-07-16 at 04:06 AM.
    01-06-16 01:08 PM
    BlackBerry has made 1 Android phone. Post the articles where you all agree getting this BB10 discontinued information from.

Posted via CB10
    You aren't going to find it, BB10 future is technically an unknown at this point.

But then for some reason the did come out with a roadmap for both users and developers.... a roadmap that goes pretty much no where.

If BB10 is going to remain a viable product.... BlackBerry has really gone out of their way to discourage developers and IT planners from considering it as a platform for the future. A wiser announcement would have clearly indicated that yes they were going to further developer BB10, laid out the next Android Runtime upgrade and the move to 64 Bits for developers. Let enterprise (and consumers) know of future BB10 devices in the works. And clearly indicated that the use of the Android Runtime in future devices in no what was a problem for their experiments with the Android platform.

Much like with the PlayBooks upgrade to BB10... no matter what BlackBerry said or did, they didn't want to believe. Some saw the Z3 being released with only 1.5GB of ram and their hope took off for BlackBerry to return to the PlayBook... or at least the LTE version.
    madcat72 likes this.
    01-06-16 01:42 PM
    What's the corporate expense to support 40 people? Honestly, if you were head bean-counter, would you?
    Back in BBOS days I offered to buy a BES license out of my departments budget but our head of IT wouldn't let me because of the support issue. We kept with ActiveSync as a mobile solution.
    01-06-16 02:56 PM
67 123