How many of you really think the Passport will be released on Sep for real?

As I read repeatedly that the Passport, both hardware and software, we have seen so far is subject to change, with there are only more or less two months between now and Sep, it seems quite unlikely to me that it will come out on time.

With Q10 on sale, I am quite tempted to get one. Yet I'm going to hold my horse if passport is definitely coming out on Sep.

What do you think?
    07-16-14 11:47 AM
    Still September, although that's the non-USA release date.
    07-16-14 11:52 AM
    September has never really been announced as the date it will be 'available'. BlackBerry has stated they're looking to hold an event in Sept. plus, launch to BlackBerry generally means an announcement of when it will be available not necc. when it hits shelves. The expectation is the release will come shortly after the announcement in Sept. and it won't be a North American first release.
    07-16-14 11:52 AM
    September has never really been announced as the date it will be 'available'. BlackBerry has stated they're looking to hold an event in Sept. plus, launch to BlackBerry generally means an announcement of when it will be available not necc. when it hits shelves. The expectation is the release will come shortly after the announcement in Sept. and it won't be a North American first release.
    So any idea when we might see it here in the states? October November? Later? Possibly not this year?

Posted via Q10
    07-16-14 10:31 PM
    A direct quote from Chen during the Q1 2015 results call:

"In September we will host an event to showcase our device portfolio for the FY ?15. We are launching a brand new device called Passport in September in London. "

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 11:49 PM
    I think BlackBerry will stick to their strategy of releasing devices one country at a time where they still have a bigger presence than here in the US. It's a good strategy to build momentum.

With the iPhone 6 most likely launching in late Sept and the Samsung S5 Prime around the same time, I think we'll be lucky to see the Passport by late October. But here's hoping to the sooner the better!
    07-17-14 12:43 AM
    it will be in London UK @Bla1ze??

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 06:34 AM
    They seem to be targeting London as the place to Launch the Passport, and it will be a much higher end device then the Z3 so I would guess that they would try and get it to developed markets by the end of the year. I would hope that with the Passport they are at least targeting Canada early in the launch roll out.

I'd imagine that ideally they would like to have both the Passport and Classic on the market in as many places as they can for the Launch of BES 12 in November
    mendez777 likes this.
    07-17-14 01:27 PM