I hope this happens quickly

BlackBerry going all-in on Android phones - CNET

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 07:19 AM
    I've watched the CES presentation and interview.... didn't seen him mention anything about

"Chen also hopes the Priv will help improve the company's viability, repair the brand and eventually make it possible to produce another phone running BlackBerry 10 -- although he said it's too early to talk about those plans."

Anyone know where he said this?
    01-07-16 07:37 AM
    Anyone know where he said this?
    http://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry-...hones-for-now/

This thread should really have the "for now" as a minimum. No BlackBerry 10 devices released _this year_. Also,

"As for you BlackBerry 10 fans, don't lose hope. Chen wouldn't outright say he's abandoning the software. This year, the company is focused on getting national security certification for BlackBerry 10 so the devices can be used in certain government and corporate projects."

Well, that's... something, anyway.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    01-07-16 08:27 AM

This thread should really have the "for now" as a minimum. No BlackBerry 10 devices released _this year_. Also,

"As for you BlackBerry 10 fans, don't lose hope. Chen wouldn't outright say he's abandoning the software. This year, the company is focused on getting national security certification for BlackBerry 10 so the devices can be used in certain government and corporate projects."

Well, that's... something, anyway.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    I read the what the article "said", just didn't see Chen say that in any of the videos I watched yesterday. Maybe he gave CNET a private interview??
    01-07-16 12:57 PM
    I read the what the article "said", just didn't see Chen say that in any of the videos I watched yesterday. Maybe he gave CNET a private interview??
    Good point. I am at times a victim of my desire to see BlackBerry 10 live on. "Objection, your honor -- hearsay!"
    rthonpm likes this.
    01-07-16 01:25 PM
    I hope this happens quickly

Posted via CB10
    I can live with that if only the existing OS10 devices are not forgotten but at least maintained!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 02:15 PM
    It's pretty clear BlackBerry is going all Android. But don't worry, BlackBerry 10 is going to be just as good as it is right now and for a couple years or more.

I can't stress enough that if BlackBerry 10 is currently meeting or exceeding your needs, how will that change unless your needs do? It won't, so relax peeps, your BlackBerry 10 devices will work just as good in 2017 as they are now (barring any hardware problems...).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-07-16 11:27 PM