I thought the Passport read USB keys fine, but wanted to copy some pics from my camera so removed the SD card and plugged it into a USB adaptor and then via a lead into the Passport. It won't read it... So have to plug into my wife's old Samsung Galaxy S2 which reads it fine... So what am I doing wrong? Or will the Passport not read this and why?? Thanks.
    10-20-15 10:39 AM
    The Passport does have USB On The Go hardware and USB Host Mode capacity:
    https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...ssory_usb.html

The USB adapter must be a USB On The Go adapter, as just a simple USB reducer is not "wired" in a way for the Passport to recognize it needs to switch into USB Host Mode nor will allow the Passport to see what is plugged into it on the other end.
    Such as THIS adapter.
    The USB thumb drive need to be a USB2.0 device and need to be formatted in FAT, FAT32, or exFAT* in order for the Passport to be able to see it as a "drive".
    If it's in NTFS (Windows), or EXT, EXT2, or EXT3 (Linux), or one formatted to MAC/Apple devices, the Passport will not see it.

* = Depending on the OS running on your Passport, you may have issues with exFAT formatted SD cards or USB thumb drives as it might not be able to download the exFAT drivers (some leaked/beta OS's) or download a non-buggy version of the drivers (some of the past official released OS's). If you have issues seeing or reading exFAT, format the card/USB thumb driver to FAT32.
    10-20-15 11:06 AM
    Thanks DFG, sounds like an SD card plugged into a USB adaptor won't work - disappointing though as it works on an old samsung!
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    10-20-15 02:15 PM
    Thanks DFG, sounds like an SD card plugged into a USB adaptor won't work - disappointing though as it works on an old samsung!
    I think you will find it would be extremely worth while to pick up a USB On The Go pigtail, as it can be so useful for not just reading USB thumb drives.

On my Z30 using a USB OTG adapter, I have:
    • Connected a USB hub, with a Mouse, Keyboard, thumb drives, and turned on Mira-cast to use a hotel TV as a display so I had my own "computer" to get some work done after the laptop had croaked.
    • Charged another persons cell phone off my Z30.
    • Hooked up a game controller to my Z30 and dinked around with it playing some game (sorry don't remember which, was awhile back and a fairly lame game)
    10-20-15 03:03 PM