I am using a Sony SBH54 BT headset with my PP SE.
    Installed Sony Smart Connect and enabled "Read incoming SMS over BT", but nothing happens.
    I checked under Settings, BT, Configure, but there is no additional enable there.

Due to the possibility of OS/APP permission conflict, I uninstalled Sony Smart Connect. Researched as many settings as I could find within the BB PP SE, nothing seems different. SMS are still not being read out over BT.
    My next step is to reinstall OS, unless someone can help me out.

MY first question is...Does Read SMS over BT headset work at all? And if so, how do I enable it?(Remember it is not showing as an option under BT settings, Configure, or text or Hub notification settings)

Specific example, I am listening to music over BT throughout my work day. When a Text/SMS comes in music is interrupted, Voice says "You have a message from...Do you want to read it, ignore, reply...and so on. When I am done music resumed and I never had to remove my phone from my pocket, same as my Windows and Android phones.

This is a Deal Breaker for me, and must be resolved or I will part ways with this BB PP SE.
    03-18-16 08:23 PM
    Sorry but it may not work on a Blackberry.
    03-18-16 08:35 PM
    Sorry but it may not work on a Blackberry.
    I hope you are wrong and another user can solve my problem, or with your credentials, confirm it will not work.
    I was enjoying my new found love, but tonight I don't even want to touch it.
    03-18-16 10:36 PM
    Works for me. Push and hold the button between the volume buttons to start the assistant (or start assistant with its icon). Say, "read my texts" or "read my last test". Not ideal, but it works pretty well.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 10:41 PM
    My phone is not accessible, it is closed up in a zipper case in my pocket.
    Also, I can invoke voice assistant with a button on my BT, but my hands are covered with paint, that is why I need it to work hands free.
    03-19-16 07:57 AM
    Today I found my BT volume control, controls the volume on the BB PP SE, instead of each unit controlling itself.
    Typically, I run my phone volume on high, thus outputting higher, which allows me to set the BT device volume lower to conserve battery. If the phone and BT are sharing one volume control, which one is it?

More importantly, if my BT can control the device volume, invoke and interact with assistant, and control music playback, Why can it not receive my SMS notifications?

Is there anybody who uses a BT headset? Does it work as my example in my first post?
    Please help.

Today I listed the BB PP SE for sale or trade on Craigslist. I am not in a hurry to get rid of it, but maybe a good offer is out there while this is still pristine.
    If you can solve my problem I want to keep the device.
    03-21-16 12:06 AM
    Still looking for help here.

Somebody must use a BT headset.
    03-23-16 11:31 AM
    Still looking for help here.

Somebody must use a BT headset.
    Not sure if this will help you but under settings, bt, configure, message access profile (map) at the bottom of the page.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 12:08 PM
    Thanks, but everything is enabled there.
    I am going to reinstall Sony Smart Connect, before I reinstall the OS and start over.
    03-23-16 04:38 PM
    I'm running a Priv, not a Passport and I love the text over BT.
    I understand where he's coming from and hope somebody can get it working for him.
    JRDEMASKUS likes this.
    03-23-16 05:04 PM
    Try SafeDrive bbw

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 06:52 PM
    Try this option in power tools app.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 07:46 PM
    I looked at Safedrive, Drive safely, and other "Read out" type apps, but the reviews were rather bad, most of them said the app doesn't work.
    I also looked at PowerTools, and some other tool box apps, same thing, terrible reviews, app doesn't work, etc...
    Worse than looking in the Windows Phone store.
    Even worse, there is no refund policy? You have to email, beg and hope they refund your money for an app that does not work as advertised? Does not sound like a good time.
    No wonder BB is in the hole it is.

Somebody is using a BB PP SE with BT. Please tell me a Definitive answer to my issue.
    Can SMS be read over BT with the current BB OS on the BB PP SE ONLY. Not the Z10, or Q10, or Classic, or any other BB device, just the PP SE.
    Please, Thank You
    03-27-16 11:48 PM
    Passport is gone.
    Traded it for an LG V10 on Craigslist. Not the Nexus 6P I wanted but probably better.

Funny, I started out with an LG G2, and traded up 2 times, to get the V10.
    03-28-16 11:34 PM