I'm sure the Waze people were very happy but the point of antitrust laws is to promote competition and protect consumers.

Posted via CB10
    Both Waze and GMaps have improved as a result. As a customer, I am happier.
    03-02-17 01:54 PM
    The DTEK app doesn't DO anything, it's just a reporting function of what is already afoot. It doesn't control any permissions that need to be controlled for privacy. In Android, Google just mines your data, blatantly. Apps that have no reason to access your contacts, calendar, camera, etc., insist on all those permissions to be granted, or the app simply won't work. BlackBerry on Android is NOTHING, regarding privacy, like BBOS 10.
    You do understand that you don't need to use those apps right? You also understand privacy is non-existent on the internet no matter how you roll? On the device side, a device can only be as secure as the user wants it to be. Are you using WhatsApp? It has access to your contacts, files, microphone and what not. No matter the OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 02:24 PM
    Both Waze and GMaps have improved as a result. As a customer, I am happier.
    There are some people that might want these types of services without a corporation monitoring everything they do, saving this information and then using this information in commerce.

I am not saying Google is not doing a good job at what it does, although it does stifle smaller players that one day might do better at particular services.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 02:32 PM
    You do understand that you don't need to use those apps right? You also understand privacy is non-existent on the internet no matter how you roll? On the device side, a device can only be as secure as the user wants it to be. Are you using WhatsApp? It has access to your contacts, files, microphone and what not. No matter the OS.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know how old you are but our government historically has regulated how overly aggressive industries treat consumers. Privacy non-existent? A little overstatement there.

Whatsapp might have physical access, but it is limited with what it can do with that information by law. Not saying it should have all this access.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 02:34 PM
    I don't know how old you are but our government historically has regulated how overly aggressive industries treat consumers. Privacy non-existent? A little overstatement there.

Whatsapp might have physical access, but it is limited with what it can do with that information by law. Not saying it should have all this access.

Posted via CB10
    Non-existent as in what you do on the net is there to find for whoever intends to look for it with the proper means. Law can only do so much in regulating what international businesses do with your info. Plus, their security might be breached as some very big companies over the last few years have come to experience. In the end, it's all about how you use your device and what you do on the net. No OS is going to secure you to the teeth.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 02:58 PM
    Your android device from Google , a master harvester of information has a fingerprint scanner, a facial recognition software, eye movement and eyeball identification software and a voice recognition software. Your searches, location data and media are all archived and stored. Google also wants real names which you have given it for social media. Your contacts and email are scanned. Now Google wants your health information and heart rate and you've given it to it including your financial information. The only protection you have is the belief that Google is good and the "ToS". Interesting. You did the cost benefit analysis and concluded that android is worth it. Awsum.

Posted via CB10
    Babaganush_Spcl likes this.
    03-02-17 04:35 PM
    I've always like this as a way of explaining Android:

Android is an advertising device that includes a phone.

If you google marriage counselor they sell your search results and you then get adds for a divorce lawyer. Wonder what your insurance company gets?

Posted via CB10
    johnsliderbb likes this.
    03-02-17 05:46 PM
    If it was an Android 'square' Passport I would get it for sure. Right now? Still on the fence.

Sent from my ⑩ Passport SE; not running Android.
    03-02-17 06:18 PM

Also #2 ) that keyboard looks like it's going to let us down. From the surface it looks similar to the Classic, but the closer I look at it, I think it looks cramped and are those keys even beveled? It didn't look like it. Of course we'll have to try it to know, but the Passport's keyboard is unrivaled and I would not appreciate an inferior, cramped keyboard experience.

And #3 ) although the phone looks very well put together and even resembles BlackBerry phones of old, that form factor is a turnoff. Yes, most ot if is because I'd be coming from the Passport, but let's be honest, we've been spoiled by a wide and glorious screen, and the form factor of the Passport stands out from the pack. Whereas the KeyOne looks like all other smart phones on the market (except for the keyboard).

Posted via CB10
    The keyboard does look very cramped coming from the passport. Maybe there will be updated models to refine certain features like BlackBerry has done in the past. The android play store is very tempting because I have to carry around a second phone for work apps but I am definitely keeping my passport to see how things progress with the Keyone.

I also am not really feeling the form factor of the Keyone. I have really grown to love the dimensions of the SE and feel like I am trying to convince myself that since it looks like it is built like the SE I will be OK with the keyone's shape.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 07:49 AM
    03-06-17 07:50 AM

If you google marriage counselor they sell your search results and you then get adds for a divorce lawyer. Wonder what your insurance company gets?

Posted via CB10
    And that's why I always thought that Android devices should be given for free!! Since they will make pesos on you once you use it. ;p

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 10:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Google does not sell identifying information to any third party. Ever.

Google does targeted advertising internally. If they have a customer that is a marriage counsellor, and you do a search for one, Google provides you the ad, and informs their client that they got a hit. That's all they get.
    03-06-17 10:21 AM
    Google does not sell identifying information to any third party. Ever.

Google does targeted advertising internally. If they have a customer that is a marriage counsellor, and you do a search for one, Google provides you the ad, and informs their client that they got a hit. That's all they get.
    I guess time will tell what the future will hold for Us all. I have not faith nor trust in the system.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 10:25 AM
    I think that Ratfinkstooley said it all. Hopefully, BlackBerry and TCL will be super successful with K1 and that they will follow with a great killer spec K2 for the consumer market, and with all the success then reconsider BB10, and let TCL put out an updated Passport - V2.0 & Z30 - V2.0, with no big changes...just upgraded hardware specs and a substantial BB10 update. If TCL is successful and the press is finally positive about BlackBerry, there is a chance that the masses might finally realize why BB10 won a couple of 1st place awards for platform design. Then the final key .... Apps! If Chen's Android plan unfolds as designed, attention on the BlackBerry comeback story will draw momentum and App designers. Now is not the time for BB10 capitulation, but the time to support TCL's massive Android success.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-07-17 09:42 AM
    I think that Ratfinkstooley said it all. Hopefully, BlackBerry and TCL will be super successful with K1 and that they will follow with a great killer spec K2 for the consumer market, and with all the success then reconsider BB10, and let TCL put out an updated Passport - V2.0 & Z30 - V2.0, with no big changes...just upgraded hardware specs and a substantial BB10 update. If TCL is successful and the press is finally positive about BlackBerry, there is a chance that the masses might finally realize why BB10 won a couple of 1st place awards for platform design. Then the final key .... Apps! If Chen's Android plan unfolds as designed, attention on the BlackBerry comeback story will draw momentum and App designers. Now is not the time for BB10 capitulation, but the time to support TCL's massive Android success.

Posted via CB10
    Passport 2 with copperhead OS and no gapps running inside a bb10 container and with 6gb of RAM offered in two dimensions with pkb and without. Ohh and removable batteries.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ryder55; 03-07-17 at 10:04 AM.
    dmlis likes this.
    03-07-17 09:50 AM
    I'd like to place my advanced order now!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 10:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    I bet $5 this guy has a piece of tape on his webcam :-p

Posted via Nokia  3310
    03-07-17 10:45 AM
    I bet $5 this guy has a piece of tape on his webcam :-p

Posted via Nokia  3310
    What do you mean?? You don't??? :O

Posted via CB10
    johnsliderbb likes this.
    03-07-17 10:47 AM
    I think blackberry or crackberry has been overrun by hacks. The word "security" is like a distant third cousin.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 11:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nothing Chen touches will be successful. The businesses he bought better be left alone or they will fail too.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 04:19 PM
    It was disappointing. Really thin phone with last gen specs. How can you go to that from the passport.?. Stick a fork in blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    to a Passport, the KEYone is a few leaps ahead in terms of HW.
    03-07-17 05:35 PM
    to a Passport, the KEYone is a few leaps ahead in terms of HW.
    LOL is that a joke? Hardware, not even close, software, wikileaks. Or you think Google has no idea the government has backdoors on Android? Really? Google? Got a bridge to sell you bud if you think the keyone is good
    03-07-17 06:26 PM
    We now know John Chen's strategy. According to Snowden, the latest Wikileaks release shows that the U.S. government is paying tech companies to keep their platforms insecure. Maybe Chen got paid to ax BB10 since it could not be made insecure enough for the CIA's liking. (Just a conspiracy theory.)
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    03-07-17 07:08 PM
    I myself feel tempted by getting the KeyOne but if the phone is as narrow as the Priv I could see myself getting frustrated with the smaller keyboard. I have never contemplated another phone since I bought my Passport, although I really wanted the Passport SE but since the supply is depleted it makes that option void. Still love my Passport so unless the keyboard is bigger than the Priv, I might be holding onto my Passport until death.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-07-17 07:45 PM
    Wow this thread shows you when the crazy comes out. Passport was released 3 yrs ago. Everyone b!tches about how old the HW is when it was released when it was released. People are already complaining about the KEYone's HW being old. and someone is telling me the HW on the Passport is not older than Keyone. No one said anything about Software but lets go into that. 10.3.3 is getting maintenance, nothing new again what part of old is not correct? KEYone will be released with 7.1.
    03-07-17 07:47 PM
569 ... 678910 ...