The KEYone looks too top heavy for comfortable keyboard use when writing notes or longer emails. I really like the way the Passport's three row keyboard works with the perfectly sized screen characters - so smooth and efficient; I don't miss the ALT key from the Q10.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-19-17 09:40 AM
    Too few Passports? They are still trying to get rid of it after they released 4 other device not including excluding the Passports revisited.
    I can't bloody well find a Passport outside of Ebay.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 09:50 AM
    There are still some new Passport's available from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
    03-19-17 10:06 AM
    Do you even proof read what you write before you hit send? BlackBerry is a public company. It's reason for existence is to make money for the people who have stock in the company. It's 100% about profitability. They couldn't hold up BB10 anymore. We could argue all day if it was marketing but the fact remains that BB10 didn't draw any money for BlackBerry no matter how many phones and different form factors they had. I

I still think BB10 has a place in the marketplace, but that place is shrinking fast. They don't have the money to expand on two different OS's. They had to choose one.

If they couldn't make money on handsets, they had to get out of it. It business sense. I feel like you are making emotional sense, not business sense.
    I actually don't have the time to proofread what I write before hitting send. I don't spend my time on these forums trying to be grammatically correct.

As for what you just pointed out, I think you're factually wrong and your business acumen is questionable and I'm curious as to how you come to the conclusions you came to. Blackberry went out of business because they are consistently making bad business decisions. You don't go out of business because you made a great decision. All the reasons you gave are the reasons they went out of business, and I'm saying that they should have done things differently by sticking to their branding -Security! And bb10 would have won out in the long run if a few changes would have been made.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 11:09 AM
    I actually don't have the time to proofread what I write before hitting send. I don't spend my time on these forums trying to be grammatically correct.

As for what you just pointed out, I think you're factually wrong and your business acumen is questionable and I'm curious as to how you come to the conclusions you came to. Blackberry went out of business because they are consistently making bad business decisions. You don't go out of business because you made a great decision. All the reasons you gave are the reasons they went out of business, and I'm saying that they should have done things differently by sticking to their branding -Security! And bb10 would have won out in the long run if a few changes would have been made.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is sticking with security. It's the reason they are touting their hardening of android.

So in your world, BlackBerry would keep pumping out handsets that keep driving them into the red, focus on security, market themselves like crazy, and keep with the status quo? In order to do that, there has to be profit and disposable money.

I come to my conclusions based on the fact that for the millionth time bb10 wasn't making BlackBerry ANY profit. ZERO. Nada. Zilch. It was going nowhere but down.

They tried the masses with the Z10/30 and Q10. They tried the CEO's and big shots with the Passport and Classic. They even tried catering to the low end users with the Leap, Z3, and Q5. Nothing worked. All the stories on their social media and all the expenses to be at MWC and other events were literally for nothing. They touted work wide, they touted the "Classic" keyboard and trackpad. They touted a full slab that was for "work professionals". Nothing took hold.

How can you justify them staying with bb10 and not trying something different to stay solvent?
    03-19-17 11:24 AM
    BlackBerry is sticking with security. It's the reason they are touting their hardening of android.

So in your world, BlackBerry would keep pumping out handsets that keep driving them into the red, focus on security, market themselves like crazy, and keep with the status quo? In order to do that, there has to be profit and disposable money.

I come to my conclusions based on the fact that for the millionth time bb10 wasn't making BlackBerry ANY profit. ZERO. Nada. Zilch. It was going nowhere but down.

They tried the masses with the Z10/30 and Q10. They tried the CEO's and big shots with the Passport and Classic. They even tried catering to the low end users with the Leap, Z3, and Q5. Nothing worked. All the stories on their social media and all the expenses to be at MWC and other events were literally for nothing. They touted work wide, they touted the "Classic" keyboard and trackpad. They touted a full slab that was for "work professionals". Nothing took hold.

How can you justify them staying with bb10 and not trying something different to stay solvent?
    When the market was clearly focused on phablets, they were releasing devices with cramped keyboards and limited workspace. Only reason I didn't get the z10 was because it was cramped. The passport is the only device in the bb10 lineup that actually impressed me, and to a large extent, the classic, and also, they have made many refinements to the OS, that it feels more primetime ready than before. I can develop a better marketing strategy for bb10 than blackberry obviously can, and Mr Emmanuel, it's all about the marketing.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 11:37 AM
    Has nothing to do with Android fans or not. I own at least one model of every BB10 device model produced. That's eight (8) hardware devices. I've used BlackBerry devices since 2001 and I've purchased at least fifteen (15) BlackBerry devices since 2004. Their last profitable device was the last BBOS7 device produced, either 9900 or 9780 since those devices required a BIS plan and put money in BlackBerry every month.

Get real, BB10 software and BB10 hardware together or separately never did and never would have ever been profitable unless it was rolled out 2008-2009 era with something generating BIS type monthly recurring subscription revenue.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, not to mention Steve Jobs and Apple's clear path for its customers to transition from BBOS to BB10. You are very credible given you long loyalty as a BlackBerry consumer. With five other BlackBerry devices, I'm a new Passport owner myself, but I believe we consumers must go out and buy the KEYone to show support for the future, as this device is the best chance for BlackBerry Mobile to take the Android market by storm as a great productivity PKB device that can take decent photos when needed.

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    03-19-17 11:53 AM
    When the market was clearly focused on phablets, they were releasing devices with cramped keyboards and limited workspace. Only reason I didn't get the z10 was because it was cramped. The passport is the only device in the bb10 lineup that actually impressed me, and to a large extent, the classic, and also, they have made many refinements to the OS, that it feels more primetime ready than before. I can develop a better marketing strategy for bb10 than blackberry obviously can, and Mr Emmanuel, it's all about the marketing.

Posted via CB10
    Firstly it's Emanuel with only one M.

Secondly, it's not all about the marketing. You need to have a product that backs up that marketing. If you don't have that back up to your marketing, you're going to be dead in the water.
    03-19-17 12:09 PM
    It's inconceivable that some are still arguing that doubling down on the monumental loss that was BB10 would improve the situation. Pure fantasy.

The device business going forward is just a side business collecting some licencing fees. Better than nothing at all - which is the ONLY alternative.

What's more incomprehensible is why it is even being discussed. The decision was already made long ago, and there is no going back.
    03-19-17 01:38 PM
    Firstly it's Emanuel with only one M.

Secondly, it's not all about the marketing. You need to have a product that backs up that marketing. If you don't have that back up to your marketing, you're going to be dead in the water.
    I believe a BB10 type device, in line with the design model of the passport, is the device, not android. I wish I was on the marketing team of blackberry when the passport SE was released. Ugh.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-19-17 02:05 PM
    It's inconceivable that some are still arguing that doubling down on the monumental loss that was BB10 would improve the situation. Pure fantasy.

The device business going forward is just a side business collecting some licencing fees. Better than nothing at all - which is the ONLY alternative.

What's more incomprehensible is why it is even being discussed. The decision was already made long ago, and there is no going back.
    This is not good business.

03-19-17 02:06 PM

I think I've spent pages and pages of this forum trying to say the same thing. I'd rather have BlackBerry solvent and doing something rather than keep wasting money and going under.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    03-19-17 02:09 PM
    I believe a BB10 type device, in line with the design model of the passport, is the device, not android. I wish I was on the marketing team of blackberry when the passport SE was released. Ugh.

So your reasoning as to why the Passport and by extension BlackBerry failed, was due only to marketing and a pivot to android?

03-19-17 02:13 PM
    This is not good business.

An OS that never recoups it's cost is definitely not good business. The pivot to android was the only card they had to play.

03-19-17 02:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    You are quite possibly correct. However, you are ignoring the fact that the rate at which they were bleeding cash made 'the long run' something that they could not afford.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 02:50 PM
    Are you guys not going off topic here? It's supposed to be about the KeyOne

Love my PPSE - trade it for KeyOne?
    03-19-17 03:55 PM
    An OS that never recoups it's cost is definitely not good business. The pivot to android was the only card they had to play.

Haha No. Android has failed and will fail. The keyone will be DOA. It wasn't the only hand they had but probably some hothead board member decided android was the way. It's how it always happens. They were wrong
    03-19-17 05:17 PM
    Unfortunately, Blackberry chose to include an android based software moving forward. As much as I hate android (just like you) and apple, I am inclined to walk into a store in April (or May) and try one on for size. I originally thought that I could never be happy with a smaller screen than my Passport and I still do sooner or later I will have too as I (we) are being forced to switch operating systems since Blackberry did NOT put any effort in marketing BB10 properly since it came to market. I started with built in screwed down car phones (I believe it was a uniden) for a buck a minute and $1500 for the phone installed and my first blackberry product was a 957. I remember loving my 7510 so much until I got a 7520 with a color screen. I remember the anticipation and feeling of finally receiving my NEW blackberry each time a new one hit the market on day one but I dont have that feeling anymore even after watching the KeyOne presentation! It was great seeing Kevin as Host even thought the video cut out right after he mentioned TCL but I think I have lost that loving feeling....now its gone gone gone wo oo wo oo wo
    I cracked up reading the end of your quote...with the song. Wo oo wo oo wo!

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    03-19-17 07:36 PM
    Haha No. Android has failed and will fail. The keyone will be DOA. It wasn't the only hand they had but probably some hothead board member decided android was the way. It's how it always happens. They were wrong
    If it fails, it fails. No skin off BlackBerry's nose. Licencing is a side business at best.

Building their own devices was a colossal failure. The 9900 was the last profitable device.
    03-19-17 09:18 PM
    You're wrong.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 01:25 AM
    Building their own devices was a colossal failure. The 9900 was the last profitable device.
    IF something is profitable the only thing can be go further the same way. This were: magical devices with magical image in the market and good software, often feels as magical.

IF market changes you have to go with the market or find a way to meet this market.

IF you have an usp (see first IF) you have to consider the necessary changes and USE therefore this usp.

Because: IF the consumers don't find your products by themselves and just magical automatically :-) you have to make a good and effective marketing!

But IF a management is hardheaded and to much convinced from themselves... every company will fale.

Very unmagical and simply stupid ... and sad.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 01:42 AM
    What's interesting is that the blackberrymobile.com doesn't render at all properly on any of the browsers I have on my Passport. Is that on purpose or does it show the ageing webkit support on BBOS 10?

Posted via CB10

Reactions to the KeyOne from Passport users...-img_20170320_150637.png

Had no issues with the site on my Q5.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q5
    03-20-17 02:08 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170320_150637.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	419818

Had no issues with the site on my Q5.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q5
    Fine on my PPSE

Love my PPSE - trade it for KeyOne?
    03-20-17 11:40 AM
    Being both PP and Priv user I would say the KEYone is a good solution. The PP keyboard is great but it has only three row. The Priv is not as tactile and flat. The KEYone hopefully typed like the 9900.
    03-20-17 02:18 PM
    Being both PP and Priv user I would say the KEYone is a good solution. The PP keyboard is great but it has only three row. The Priv is not as tactile and flat. The KEYone hopefully typed like the 9900.
    Wrong! Tell your boss at TCL I said that.

03-20-17 03:01 PM
569 ... 1415161718 ...