Not using WhatsApp... I'm a dinosaur. I use my phone as a business partner. Thankfully, I don't have a tether to a group or function that forces me to choose which app I simply MUST have. I must not be as smart as the rest of you that NEED all these apps. And I'm cool with that.
    This answer! Lol 😁 My sentiments exactly. Apps are the new economy and we need the latest and the best to survive and be happy haha yeah right. Blackberry can salvage BB10. Work on the business suite of apps. Enhance communication software and thats all we need, throw a bone to Android guys by updating the runtime. Ugh.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-15-17 08:48 AM
    Companies are trying to push away from apps, they are very expensive to maintain.
    Google is testing this webpage-app hybrid thingy on android which seems interesting.

https://developers.google.com/web/progressive-web-apps/
    See, I thought a web standard for apps was the only way back when BB10 launched, though BlackBerry was in no position to force a standard...but it would allow OS competition. BlackBerry should have allowed web page app-like containers that had their own password/cache/cookies separate from the browser. Would have helped the lack-of-apps situation immensely, imo. Not only that, file security would be vastly improved, as the browser would be given access to system information, and not a permanent app. There are so many reasons why this would work better from a privacy perspective (for many apps/websites).

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    03-15-17 08:57 AM
    You'll be surprised at how a three-year Passport is still often faster than a phone with a mediocre latest generation processor and a mediocre operating system ...

Buy it, wait few months and tell us.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry should Give the passport with a 4 row keyboard, but release with the same screen ratio and size, width should be released

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 09:57 AM
    I dont know why BB devices alway have lower hardware spec than other make, esp. Android which take more powerful GPU, cPU and Ram to optimize its poor performance.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 10:13 AM
    BlackBerry should Give the passport with a 4 row keyboard, but release with the same screen ratio and size, width should be released

Posted via CB10
    Four row keyboard for what exactly? And yes they have given you a four row keyboard. It's the keyone or classic. Let those who love the passport enjoy their three row keyboard I'm enjoying mine!

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-15-17 10:22 AM
    This answer! Lol 😁 My sentiments exactly. Apps are the new economy and we need the latest and the best to survive and be happy haha yeah right. Blackberry can salvage BB10. Work on the business suite of apps. Enhance communication software and thats all we need, throw a bone to Android guys by updating the runtime. Ugh.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Yep all these days we had a disappointment of lack of gaming and other important apps like fb, travel or taxi apps and now even Docs to Go is years behind when compared to Office 365, Wps office.

Hope BlackBerry will invest in building office apps and Banking apps by all major banks.

After all BlackBerry is a professional and productivity gadget.

Important apps that we need
    Updated DOCS TO GO
    LinkedIn
    Banking Apps
    Payment Apps like Freecharge, Paytm, pay U money etc
    Travelling Apps like Uber, Ola , go ibibo, makemytrip etc
    Update BlackBerry maps, and give an option to download another official maps app like Google maps or Here maps
    Please convince Whatsapp to work with BlackBerry 10 OS for more 6 months to 1 year. , And for BlackBerry sake invest in marketing BBM app.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 03:02 PM
    Yep all these days we had a disappointment of lack of gaming and other important apps like fb, travel or taxi apps and now even Docs to Go is years behind when compared to Office 365, Wps office.

Hope BlackBerry will invest in building office apps and Banking apps by all major banks.

After all BlackBerry is a professional and productivity gadget.

Important apps that we need
    Updated DOCS TO GO
    LinkedIn
    Banking Apps
    Payment Apps like Freecharge, Paytm, pay U money etc
    Travelling Apps like Uber, Ola , go ibibo, makemytrip etc
    Update BlackBerry maps, and give an option to download another official maps app like Google maps or Here maps
    Please convince Whatsapp to work with BlackBerry 10 OS for more 6 months to 1 year. , And for BlackBerry sake invest in marketing BBM app.

Posted via CB10
    Those are good apps. And you're right, if blackberry was a real software company, theyd invest in making bb10 a garden of inviting software and not spend tons of money making a lookalike for android. Ugh. Most android users don't care about blackberry else they won't be on android in t he first place.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 03:13 PM
    Those are good apps. And you're right, if blackberry was a real software company, theyd invest in making bb10 a garden of inviting software and not spend tons of money making a lookalike for android. Ugh. Most android users don't care about blackberry else they won't be on android in t he first place.

Posted via CB10
    They are a software company, but not a stupid software company. There won't be another dime spent on BB10. It is a dead product.
    Last edited by conite; 03-15-17 at 06:11 PM.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    03-15-17 05:46 PM
    Reaction to KeyOne? Meh. Android. Wake me up when they make another BB10 device, i.e. never.

Slightly ironic that in a push for more sales BlackBerry threw out the only reason for choosing BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 05:57 PM
    Reaction to KeyOne? Meh. Android. Wake me up when they make another BB10 device, i.e. never.

Slightly ironic that in a push for more sales BlackBerry threw out the only reason for choosing BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    You will be sleeping forever then. Chances are better hitting the lotto.
    03-15-17 06:30 PM
    They are a software company, but not a stupid software company. There won't be another dime spent on BB10. It is a dead product.
    Do you have the numbers to compare sales for blackberry with android and sales for blackberry with bb10, or are you just making stuff up and obfuscating as we go? Numbers don't lie so let's see them

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 06:53 PM
    Do you have the numbers to compare sales for blackberry with android and sales for blackberry with bb10, or are you just making stuff up and obfuscating as we go? Numbers don't lie so let's see them

Posted via CB10
    It would be funny if BlackBerry were still selling more BB10 devices than Android. I guess it's not impossible.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 08:53 PM
    I'm sure if the passport wasn't sold out people would be looking for more. If blackberry updates the passport and runtime, with updated hardware specs instead of the keyone who here won't buy an upgrade? Their business decision makes absolutely no sense.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 09:05 PM
    Did Chen/BB not say they were committed to BB10?

Love my PPSE - trade it for KeyOne?
    03-15-17 09:26 PM
    I'm sure if the passport wasn't sold out people would be looking for more. If blackberry updates the passport and runtime, with updated hardware specs instead of the keyone who here won't buy an upgrade? Their business decision makes absolutely no sense.

Posted via CB10
    If they released another BB10 device, hardcore fans would go nuts. Everyone would get one. On the other hand, how much better than this device can BB10 get? A slab running Passport internals would be good.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 10:21 PM
    Did Chen/BB not say they were committed to BB10?

Love my PPSE - trade it for KeyOne?
    I think they said this multiple times within the last 6-12 months, right? Were they lying?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 10:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    It isn't a question of BB10 or Android. It is a question of BlackBerry Android licencing or nothing.
    03-15-17 11:50 PM
    I think they said this multiple times within the last 6-12 months, right? Were they lying?

Posted via CB10
    BB10 got its long awaited update. Enjoy.
    03-15-17 11:51 PM
    BB10 got its long awaited update. Enjoy.
    They did put some time and money into that update. There were bug fixes in multiple areas.
    03-16-17 01:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    It would be awesome if BlackBerry made a Passport Part II but they wouldn't be able to continue with their Android venture while including the Android runtime in BB10 2nd Gen.
    That said I don't think they would sell many phones or Passport's to many BlackBerry fans without the Android Runtime. Perhaps the idea of Google's new app experiment would help in that regard if our browser could get a half baked update. Can't even get half baked cause it's too much work for them to divert any attention from their golden android child to their loyal BB10 son who carried them.

Just the other day I saw a notice atop my TD banking app saying this site will no longer be available after June something or another. Not sure if the whole app stops or it let's you access the web app through it still. Either way I could loose all my android apps and be truly happy with my Passport for a few more years. I don't see a compelling reason to move to add based data mining Android phone that uses more data and battery.

Hmm..... that makes no sense?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 03-16-17 at 04:41 AM.
    03-16-17 03:50 AM
    It would be awesome if BlackBerry made a Passport Part II but they wouldn't be able to continue with their Android venture while including the Android runtime in BB10 2nd Gen.
    That said I don't think they would sell many phones or Passport's to many BlackBerry fans without the Android Runtime. Perhaps the idea of Google's new app experiment would help in that regard if our browser could get a half baked update. Can't even get half baked cause it's too much work for them to divert any attention from their golden android child to their loyal BB10 son who carried them.

Just the other day I saw a notice atop my TD banking app saying this site will no longer be available after June something or another. Not sure if the whole app stops or it let's you access the web app through it still. Either way I could loose all my android apps and be truly happy with my Passport for a few more years. I don't see a compelling reason to move to add based data mining Android phone that uses more data and battery.

Hmm..... that makes no sense?

Posted via CB10
    True. There is an app gap that even us blackberry 10 loyalist can't ignore, and this app gap is dealt with using the android runtime. Blackberry should have made their store more appealing by talking to android app makers and updating their store to ensure apks or whatever have their own place in the store separate from bb10 or do more for the runtime by ugrading the hardware specs all round.

I love bb10 apps and even though they're not updated regularly, they are made really good most times and as I've said before, most android updates even through Google have been riddled with adware and bloatware in such a way that a former 3mb app is now 64mb while doing the same basic function. It's terrible that there was a partnership signed but didn't samsung venture off that partnership by still developing tizen? Why can't blackberry update the runtime as its own fork just like samsung did?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 06:36 AM
    True. There is an app gap that even us blackberry 10 loyalist can't ignore, and this app gap is dealt with using the android runtime. Blackberry should have made their store more appealing by talking to android app makers and updating their store to ensure apks or whatever have their own place in the store separate from bb10 or do more for the runtime by ugrading the hardware specs all round.

I love bb10 apps and even though they're not updated regularly, they are made really good most times and as I've said before, most android updates even through Google have been riddled with adware and bloatware in such a way that a former 3mb app is now 64mb while doing the same basic function. It's terrible that there was a partnership signed but didn't samsung venture off that partnership by still developing tizen? Why can't blackberry update the runtime as its own fork just like samsung did?

Posted via CB10
    Excellent idea on encouraging developers to make apps (APK's) and place them in their very own section in BlackBerry World Store. Wish they would have went down that road. No visionaries there I guess just cost cutters and bean counters.

Tizen isn't Android but they are both based on Linux. BB10 is forked using Android and that's not to Google's liking. Perhaps if Tizen takes BlackBerry could implement it in BB10 in place of Android. Samsung has just released their first Tizen based smartphone in Russia, the Samsung Z.
    Let's hope for innovation to grow again and offer alternatives to the all mighty Google.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 07:49 AM
    Excellent idea on encouraging developers to make apps (APK's) and place them in their very own section in BlackBerry World Store. Wish they would have went down that road. No visionaries there I guess just cost cutters and bean counters.

Tizen isn't Android but they are both based on Linux. BB10 is forked using Android and that's not to Google's liking. Perhaps if Tizen takes BlackBerry could implement it in BB10 in place of Android. Samsung has just released their first Tizen based smartphone in Russia, the Samsung Z.
    Let's hope for innovation to grow again and offer alternatives to the all mighty Google.

Posted via CB10
    Tizen isn't android no, but I thought there were open source work arounds to get android apps working on tizen? I'm not abreast of that project but being able to siphon android apps while still maintaining the quality and integrity of your own OS should have been blackberry's goal till the end.
    03-16-17 11:03 AM
    I love the Blackberry Passport, perhaps best phone made up until 2015.

I am buying a KeyOne for sure.
    Powdah likes this.
    03-16-17 11:19 AM
    If they could figure out how to easily port apps to BB10 for developers, that'd be awesome.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    03-16-17 03:18 PM
569 ... 1112131415 ...