What phone do you keep coming back from
    Since being introduced to BB10 in 2014 I've tried a Nexus, iphone 6Plus and 7Plus, Note, Priv. Every time I use it I come back to BB10. Every. Single. Time.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-09-17 06:24 PM
    Since being introduced to BB10 in 2014 I've tried a Nexus, iphone 6Plus and 7Plus, Note, Priv. Every time I use it I come back to BB10. Every. Single. Time.

Im currently using the Priv. No issues with it really everything works great, very fast. Just really missing BB10. Iv had passport in the past, then classic, then now priv. I still have the classic but compared to the Priv it is a bit underwhelming. Thats why Im having an itch for Passport again.
    03-09-17 06:40 PM
    Give it up. He is right and you are wrong regardless of facts. Even your choices are wrong as well.
    03-09-17 07:26 PM

I'm with ya, man. Why do we leave when we know it's home?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 07:49 PM
    The fact is, this may the easiest soft landing available for those considering eventually leaving a BB10 pkb device.
    +1

K1 will be my next phone after my Passport retires.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 08:03 PM
    http://www.businessinsider.com/app-u...ceiling-2017-1

http://www.recode.net/2016/6/8/11883...-snapchat-uber

https://www.annalect.com/marketers-c...ownload-trend/

http://www.androidauthority.com/end-...ne-usa-698555/

If you do a little research you will know there is an oversaturation currently in the app market and people are using less and less apps. This information is not hard to find. Lol watch the markets.
    So BB10 was just a few years too early as well as a few years too late. What a shame.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 08:10 PM
    Give it up. He is right and you are wrong regardless of facts. Even your choices are wrong as well.
    You didn't quote anyone. Just wanted to be sure what you were referring to.

03-09-17 08:29 PM
    I'm with ya, man. Why do we leave when we know it's home?

Posted via CB10
    I know for me personally it's because I think that I NEED apps like snapchat and the fluff like that. When I then decide to use iOS or android exclusively, something always comes up that makes me come back.

I bought the Passport after the 6Plus because it made me look stupid at a business table. I just figured that it could send PDF I had in dropbox no problem. I don't know if it was me, or if I couldn't figure it out, it just wasn't happening. Since it was a toss up between both, I ended up getting the Passport that same week. Just as a test I went to see if it could handle what I needed the iPhone to do and it handled it flawlessly.

03-09-17 08:37 PM
    I love it too. Limitations and all. It's a shame because this OS is so powerful.

I keep coming back to BB10. Using the Passport as a daily driver again. It feels really good.

Yup... agree

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    03-10-17 01:37 AM
    If you don't like the freemium model, you can always pay to upgrade to G Suite.

"There is no advertising in G Suite Services, period. Google does not collect, scan, or use data from the core services for advertising purposes."

I myself will continue to use the free versions. I'm pretty comfortable with their terms of service.
    Man I preach reading the TOS before blindly accepting. Then go and complain about privacy they openly gave up.

Hello all. New to the forums. Look forward to interacting more in the future. I've watched all the youtube videos I could find about the KEYone. Originally, I was against getting it, but the more I look at it, the more I want to give it a chance. It depends really on how the keyboard feels as the passport keyboard is buttery smooth. One handed operation would be good as well. Really only one of the downsides on the passport. Thoughts?
    03-10-17 02:02 AM
    emmanuel, there are apps for casual users, BB10 has an android runtime that has come a long way from PlaybookOS 2.0. Speaking as a user who migrated from android to BB10 in 2016, im now a vocal supporter of Blackberries effort. As ive said before, I only tried the passport around November to December 2016, and was shocked to find out Blackberry was sitting on a goldmine. Now, I believe BB10 is the way to go and I am qualified to make this call, except there is something else i dont know.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Right, it is a goldmine. People don't realize that BlackBerry did not even try to market the devices after Heins bugged out.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 02:20 AM
    I was a huge BB10 fan. Had a Classic, then a Passport...then I shattered my leg. Was stuck on crutches for 5 months and was introduced to wearables Made my life so much easier during that time to take a call while on my crutches from my wrist. As my usage evolved i had to evolve my OS.
    03-10-17 02:35 AM
    I thought people would find this processor comparison between the Passport and the KEYone interesting.

https://versus.com/en/qualcomm-snapd...snapdragon-625

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 04:46 AM
    About the apps......it has been reported that over 60% of the apps have never even been downloaded. That means that there is so much clutter and junk in there that either the apps can't be found, there are too many duplicates and or the users today have their core set of apps that they download on all their phones and they proceed no further.

If a developer decided to make a few essential core apps for BB10 they may see more downloads then on Android. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 05:05 AM

If a developer decided to make a few essential core apps for BB10 they may see more downloads then on Android. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    You can't just "make apps". Very few have public APIs anymore.
    03-10-17 06:03 AM
    You can't just "make apps". Very few have public APIs anymore.
    By "essential core apps" I guess I mean apps that would be a welcomed and long after solution for some whether it be a work around or yes an app the utilized a public API. I can't think of examples at the moment but if we were to get a "Signal" app developed that would be golden.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 06:07 AM
    I can't think of examples at the moment but if we were to get a "Signal" app developed that would be golden.

Posted via CB10
    Neither can I.

Of course Signal would have no public API.
    03-10-17 06:20 AM
    Neither can I.

Of course Signal would have no public API.
    Would be nice if these developers would lease their API's out to other Dev's so they could develop a version of their app for other platforms like Windows or BB10 with set guidelines and let them see if they could make a profit. If the guidelines were not followed they could terminate the lease and server response.

This would be a great idea.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 06:26 AM
    Would be nice if these developers would lease their API's out to other Dev's so they could develop a version of their app for other platforms like Windows or BB10 with set guidelines and let them see if they could make a profit. If the guidelines were not followed they could terminate the lease and server response.

Posted via CB10
    Most popular app developers are following the angry birds model, where they're trying to force the hands of OS manufacturers to cave to whatever it is they want. With the runtime then mitigating this, apps like snapchat are still actively blocking us from their servers. It's still a pity blackberry, even though having the smartest idea of adding a runtime, couldn't satisfy the thirst of babies and their app thirst that they had to go into full cahoots with Google. The passport and the runtime satisfies my need. All it needed were continous updates.
    Last edited by ryder55; 03-10-17 at 09:05 AM.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    03-10-17 08:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    As Android and Apple now have 99.9% of the World Market, there is no need for public APIs anymore. Developers only need to support two apps.
    03-10-17 08:42 AM
    As Android and Apple now have 99.9% of the World Market, there is no need for public APIs anymore. Developers only need to support two apps.
    "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense. "
    03-10-17 11:11 AM
    I was a huge BB10 fan. Had a Classic, then a Passport...then I shattered my leg. Was stuck on crutches for 5 months and was introduced to wearables Made my life so much easier during that time to take a call while on my crutches from my wrist. As my usage evolved i had to evolve my OS.
    That's such an interesting use case, I'm surprised I had never considered it.

I understand how the convenience of iOS can beat out BB10 for day to day usage. My Passport or Classic behave almost like laptop replacements for me, whereas iOS is more of a lifestyle enabler, a supplement to a work laptop, but with convenience features not available elsewhere, despite its considerable lack of power features and overall shallowness in the face of work work.
    Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 08:26 PM
    That's such an interesting use case, I'm surprised I had never considered it.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. I thought niche devices and not practical. Until a shattered tibia and fibula, reconstructive surgery and some titanium.

Changed my look on them when i became sort of dependant on their usefulness.
    03-10-17 08:29 PM
    Passport as daily driver will side load keyone lets see if keyone could make it to my daily driver

Red passport
    03-12-17 01:13 AM
    So people's desire for apps have dropped from insatiable to ravenous. And? I still don't understand your point. Are you saying that, despite a hundred billion downloads apps aren't required?

If this is another suggestion that there is a place for BB10, then you're wasting your energy again. BB10 is gone, finished, dead. It will NEVER come back. Ever. BlackBerry has put it in the recycle bin and emptied it.
    Companies are trying to push away from apps, they are very expensive to maintain.
    Google is testing this webpage-app hybrid thingy on android which seems interesting.

https://developers.google.com/web/progressive-web-apps/
    03-12-17 05:02 AM
569 ... 910111213 ...