emmanuel, there are apps for casual users, BB10 has an android runtime that has come a long way from PlaybookOS 2.0. Speaking as a user who migrated from android to BB10 in 2016, im now a vocal supporter of Blackberries effort. As ive said before, I only tried the passport around November to December 2016, and was shocked to find out Blackberry was sitting on a goldmine. Now, I believe BB10 is the way to go and I am qualified to make this call, except there is something else i dont know.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by ryder55; 03-08-17 at 11:28 AM.
    03-08-17 11:18 AM
    emmanuel, there are apps for casual users, BB10 has an android runtime that has come a long way from PlaybookOS 2.0. Speaking as a user who migrated from android to BB10 in 2016, im now a vocal supporter of Blackberries effort. As ive said before, I only tried the passport around November to December 2016, and was shocked to find out Blackberry was sitting on a goldmine. Now, I believe BB10 is the way to go and I am qualified to make this call, except there is something else i dont know.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    The apps that BlackBerry has are fine. It's just that the apps that they don't have are some of the apps that current users care about.

Facebook/Whatsapp already pulled their apps somewhat
    No Snapchat
    No native Netflix, Hulu, etc

The user base is small. They tried to monetize that user base. It's why phones like the Passport exist. They tried with device after device and it just didn't work. They promoted "work wide" and "secure messaging" and nothing took hold. The market spoke.

The runtime that you point out will most likely not be updated again from where it's at. After a couple of years the apps that will work with the current runtime are going to dwindle.

I love BB10. I wish this OS was a true alternative and that's what it is for a small number of users. I personally don't see myself getting rid of this phone for a while. I have a Priv but it's hard for me to get used to. I wish it flowed more like BB10.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    03-08-17 11:55 AM
    The apps that BlackBerry has are fine. It's just that the apps that they don't have are some of the apps that current users care about.

Facebook/Whatsapp already pulled their apps somewhat
    No Snapchat
    No native Netflix, Hulu, etc

The user base is small. They tried to monetize that user base. It's why phones like the Passport exist. They tried with device after device and it just didn't work. They promoted "work wide" and "secure messaging" and nothing took hold. The market spoke.

The runtime that you point out will most likely not be updated again from where it's at. After a couple of years the apps that will work with the current runtime are going to dwindle.

I love BB10. I wish this OS was a true alternative and that's what it is for a small number of users. I personally don't see myself getting rid of this phone for a while. I have a Priv but it's hard for me to get used to. I wish it flowed more like BB10.

You made a couple of good points but I think you're wrong in your general analysis of what the future entails and the idea that blackberry cannot monetize a bb10 phone with the right strategy. There's a reason HTC, one of the first manufacturers of android phones was overtaken by samsung to be the global leader on android, and the reason is strategy and commitment. I believe blackberry 10 has a future if the right strategy is imputed and stayed with tenacity. Like I said, this conversation has no purpose as they've been had before, times without end, but it's my opinion that the world will look for a secure OS and app base, which is why consumers are flocking to apps like snapchat, whatsapp and signal, promising them a fictitious level of security, and if blackberry does not fill this role by dumping android and continuing to work on bb10, this role will be filled by another player. The app economy is waning out.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 12:08 PM
    Again... Wow... I am in awe.
    Rest assured, as everyone else had said, the KEYone is speedy relative to even the Dtek60. Once more apps are on it and it is a daily driver maybe people will report differently. As it stand based on memory right now. KEYone is definitely speedier than PRIV and Dtek50. Most likely the Dtek60 as well. My Passport is still being used at home for Blend only (I don't even bring it with me just ensure it is charged and on line at home) as it can't do much else without relying on another companion phone to do the rest of the stuff it does well.
    03-08-17 01:47 PM
    Again... Wow... I am in awe.
    Rest assured, as everyone else had said, the KEYone is speedy relative to even the Dtek60. Once more apps are on it and it is a daily driver maybe people will report differently. As it stand based on memory right now. KEYone is definitely speedier than PRIV and Dtek50. Most likely the Dtek60 as well. My Passport is still being used at home for Blend only (I don't even bring it with me just ensure it is charged and on line at home) as it can't do much else without relying on another companion phone to do the rest of the stuff it does well.
    Wrong choice.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 02:29 PM
    My black passport is my daily work phone and I have a ppse as backup just in case. My personal phone is currently the Priv but i'm getting the KEYone to replace one of my phones. I'll try it for work first and if it stacks up, that's the slot it'll fill. If it doesn't, it'll be my Priv replacement. Love BlackBerry 10 but the time to say goodbye is drawing near. I'm glad the KEYone has an lcd screen as I don't like reading text on amoled quite as much and also lcd is easier to read in bright daylight wearing sunglasses. I had a Z10 and a Z30 and the Z10 was much better for me. I'm probably going to get slammed by all the amoled fans but I think in terms of reading and writing, the pp screen just kills the Z30 screen. The Priv is not very good in sunlight either. The best I can say for amoled is that reading the kindle app in black mode at night a lot easier on the eyes than lcd, but you have to turn the brightness down.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 03:19 PM
    I just ate a bacon cheeseburger. Btw.

Posted with my Passport SE aka phone badassery
    03-08-17 03:32 PM
    Wrong choice.

Posted via CB10
    You can't tell someone they made the wrong choice. They made the choice that suited their needs.
    03-08-17 04:13 PM
    You made a couple of good points but I think you're wrong in your general analysis of what the future entails and the idea that blackberry cannot monetize a bb10 phone with the right strategy. There's a reason HTC, one of the first manufacturers of android phones was overtaken by samsung to be the global leader on android, and the reason is strategy and commitment. I believe blackberry 10 has a future if the right strategy is imputed and stayed with tenacity. Like I said, this conversation has no purpose as they've been had before, times without end, but it's my opinion that the world will look for a secure OS and app base, which is why consumers are flocking to apps like snapchat, whatsapp and signal, promising them a fictitious level of security, and if blackberry does not fill this role by dumping android and continuing to work on bb10, this role will be filled by another player. The app economy is waning out.

Posted via CB10
    Where are you finding this information that the app economy is waning out? I've never heard of someone other than here in the forums that say "i'd rather use the web version". HTC got overtaken because a large group of Android users decided that Samsung did Android better.

I want BB10 to have a future and I want the current Android offerings to be so massively successful that they have expendable money to develop BB10 further than it's current state. That's a dream scenario. I've said this in the forums before that I hope that they release one full slab and one physical keyboard phone running bb10 at least every other year. It doesn't look like it's going to happen.
    03-08-17 04:17 PM
    Where are you finding this information that the app economy is waning out? I've never heard of someone other than here in the forums that say "i'd rather use the web version". HTC got overtaken because a large group of Android users decided that Samsung did Android better.

I want BB10 to have a future and I want the current Android offerings to be so massively successful that they have expendable money to develop BB10 further than it's current state. That's a dream scenario. I've said this in the forums before that I hope that they release one full slab and one physical keyboard phone running bb10 at least every other year. It doesn't look like it's going to happen.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/app-u...ceiling-2017-1

http://www.recode.net/2016/6/8/11883...-snapchat-uber

https://www.annalect.com/marketers-c...ownload-trend/

http://www.androidauthority.com/end-...ne-usa-698555/

If you do a little research you will know there is an oversaturation currently in the app market and people are using less and less apps. This information is not hard to find. Lol watch the markets.
    Last edited by ryder55; 03-08-17 at 07:49 PM.
    03-08-17 07:37 PM
    http://www.businessinsider.com/app-u...ceiling-2017-1

http://www.recode.net/2016/6/8/11883...-snapchat-uber

http://www.androidauthority.com/end-...ne-usa-698555/

If you do a little research you will know there is an oversaturation currently in the app market and people are using less and less apps. This information is not hard to find. Lol watch the markets.
    In spite of your condescending tone, I read both articles. Good reads for sure.

However, what you fail to realize and understand are

1) Social Media app usage is up 304%. Apps that aren't on BB10. Again, if some users don't have Snapchat, they aren't buying the phones.

2) Even in a "slow" app download month, Facebook and Whatsapp are seeing something like 45 million downloads a month.

You keep trying to make a case for BB10 that isn't there. It's a wrap. Done. Finito. Fork stuck in it already. Cooked. Fat lady sung.
    03-08-17 07:53 PM
    In spite of your condescending tone, I read both articles. Good reads for sure.

However, what you fail to realize and understand are

1) Social Media app usage is up 304%. Apps that aren't on BB10. Again, if some users don't have Snapchat, they aren't buying the phones.

2) Even in a "slow" app download month, Facebook and Whatsapp are seeing something like 45 million downloads a month.

You keep trying to make a case for BB10 that isn't there. It's a wrap. Done. Finito. Fork stuck in it already. Cooked. Fat lady sung.
    Moving the post after you're proven wrong with zero researched facts is funny to me. No point in proving you wrong anymore.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 08:26 PM
    Moving the post after you're proven wrong with zero researched facts is funny to me. No point in proving you wrong anymore.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 08:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Moving what post?

You haven't proven anything. You say apps are saturated, yet social media apps usage grew over 300%.

You keep trying to make a case for an OS that has almost zero chance of updating.

This forum has gone so far off from what it was that it should be closed down.
    03-08-17 08:56 PM
    Conite,

Am I missing something here? Am I not making sense to this person?
    03-08-17 08:58 PM
    03-08-17 08:58 PM
    Reaching market saturation is not the same as reduced interest in apps.

There are still over a hundred billion Google Play Store downloads a year.

I'm not sure what point you're trying make.
    03-08-17 09:06 PM
    Reaching market saturation is not the same as reduced interest in apps.

There are still over a hundred billion Google Play Store downloads a year.

I'm not sure what point you're trying make.
    Articles say declining. Not sure if you read any of them. The boom is over, and if you're in the predicting game, the future belongs to security. Have you asked yourself why the ordinary consumer is asking questions about apps like signal? Do you know the driving force behind this trend?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 09:15 PM
    Articles say declining. Not sure if you read any of them. The boom is over, and if you're in the predicting game, the future belongs to security. Have you asked yourself why the ordinary consumer is asking questions about apps like signal? Do you know the driving force behind this trend?

Posted via CB10
    So people's desire for apps have dropped from insatiable to ravenous. And? I still don't understand your point. Are you saying that, despite a hundred billion downloads apps aren't required?

If this is another suggestion that there is a place for BB10, then you're wasting your energy again. BB10 is gone, finished, dead. It will NEVER come back. Ever. BlackBerry has put it in the recycle bin and emptied it.
    03-08-17 09:25 PM
    So people's desire for apps have dropped from insatiable to ravenous. And? I still don't understand your point. Are you saying that, despite a hundred billion downloads apps aren't required?

If this is another suggestion that there is a place for BB10, then you're wasting your energy again. BB10 is gone, finished, dead. It will NEVER come back. Ever. BlackBerry has put it in the recycle bin and emptied it.
    That's unfortunate if BB10 is gone. Do you know any insiders? Maybe I can plug in a better proposal? I was aware of the raucous desire for android during the bb10 days even among top crackberry hierarchy and how the paid US media made a joke out of blackberry. Didn't think much of it until I actually bought a passport. Sad end then.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 09:49 PM
    Can this thread be closed now? It's not even close to the original point.

03-08-17 10:08 PM
    Can this thread be closed now? It's not even close to the original point.

It should be closed. It's all doom and gloom. Android fanatics won. Goodluck!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 10:10 PM
  23. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    I don't like android... I love blackberry 10

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    03-09-17 02:22 AM
    I don't like android... I love blackberry 10

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    I love it too. Limitations and all. It's a shame because this OS is so powerful.

I keep coming back to BB10. Using the Passport as a daily driver again. It feels really good.

ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-09-17 04:43 AM
    I love it too. Limitations and all. It's a shame because this OS is so powerful.

I keep coming back to BB10. Using the Passport as a daily driver again. It feels really good.

What phone do you keep coming back from
    03-09-17 06:20 PM
569 ... 89101112 ...