Stupid question since I'm a newbie. How do you show the thread quote you are responding to in your own thread reply?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 07:42 PM
    Stupid question since I'm a newbie. How do you show the thread quote you are responding to in your own thread reply?

Posted via CB10
    Hold down the post and select reply with quote.
    02-28-17 07:45 PM
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 07:47 PM
    Hi, do you read books on your Passport? What's the best e-reader? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Kobo is great on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 08:45 PM
    It runs Android. And I run away from Android long time ago. So why should I buy an Android Phone? And for that privé with a 625? Come on. If BB10 is dead one day I move to alternatives like SailfishOS. Till then my passport still rocks :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 04:39 AM
    I conquer. The Passport never was missing it cause it never wanted it lol. It has everything you need if you know what your doing

Posted via CB10
    Fully agree. I have a Bold9900 and it takes me forever to type something. It will only be used as a 'call' only phone! The Passport keyboard on the other hand is so user-friendly with plenty of space!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    03-01-17 04:53 AM
    It runs Android. And I run away from Android long time ago. So why should I buy an Android Phone? And for that privé with a 625? Come on. If BB10 is dead one day I move to alternatives like SailfishOS. Till then my passport still rocks :-)

Posted via CB10
    Would love to see the sailfishOS in action. https://sailfishos.org/partners/

03-01-17 05:00 AM
    Got a SailfishOS Phone, the Jolla 1. Only SailfishOS has a long way to go. BB10 is still much beter. But both are really multitasking. Oh Android and Ios are not? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 05:07 AM
    This is the problem with Google's monopoly. It's like paying a premium to breathe oxygen. (You can have privacy, but you need to pay us a monthly fee.)

Posted via CB10
    It didn't cost Google nothing to make and implement these services. You pay the fee or you pay with your data. Simple really.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-01-17 11:42 AM
    I can understand that. The problem is when Google is the only game in town. When Google has a monopoly on all these services and even the OS that the run on (or a strong duopoly position), then consumers are left with little choice but have Google monitor their entire lives.

Yes, yes, we can all go back to using feature phones, but this is the whole point of anti-trust laws. When consumers have no choice for their map app, etc., then they get abused. Google really needs to be slapped down in a big way. I don't think even Trump's Administration has this on its radar screen, but once upon a time our government would have been all over Google.

I mean, what business is it in? Everything. And it uses its strength in one to force you into its other businesses.
    johnsliderbb likes this.
    03-01-17 02:26 PM

Yes, yes, we can all go back to using feature phones, but this is the whole point of anti-trust laws. When consumers have no choice for their map app, etc., then they get abused. Google really needs to be slapped down in a big way.
    In principle, I don't like the idea of knocking down a company that got to where it is by building software and services that people actually want to use. It's not a bad thing to reward success.

As long as Apple is still a significant player and an available alternative, I'd be reluctant to blow everything up.
    03-01-17 02:37 PM
    Absolutely right Markmall, there basically is no competition. Google is expanding exponentially and morphing into everything that runs our lives. I'm surprised they've not invested heavily into the financial sector, but with Google wallet, we'll see where they get. Not only will they have monopoly, controlling all our data, they're reaching into our very homes. I know people can't wait for this to happen.

I'd have had no issues with this, but that incidence with the Google car stealing WiFi data from homes was worrisome. If they violate privacy rules to steal private information using new technology, what will they do when we give them permission.
    http://jalopnik.com/5671049/google-s...-and-passwords

Actually, not only did Google steal WiFi data, it took private emails and passwords without user consent and was only discovered by external regulators. This is not legal and this behaviour should worry people.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ryder55; 03-01-17 at 03:09 PM.
    03-01-17 02:54 PM
    The Passport and Priv had a baby and it's the KeyOne. I love both the Passport and Priv, but both phones had features that irked me. I love the uniqueness of the Passport, it's shape and durability are on point and I would love to see a new BlackBerry with the wide screen, however having to sideload apps was a bit of an annoyance. The Priv being Android powered was a great move and I love having the keyboard with that extra fourth row of keys that the Passport lacked. Even though people complain about the keyboard being cramped, I found it easy to transition even if they keys weren't as clicky as I like. However I absolutely despise the curved screen which led to the downfall of my Priv being the first phone screen in my life that I have ever shattered. Looking forward to the KeyOne I see a durable screen and frame, a soft grip back, four rows of nice clicky keys, fingerprint scanner?!, great battery life and surge chaging, and Android powered but with all of the BlackBerry features that still make it unique and significantly less annoying than a typical Android phone.

Now I know we all love BB10 but I think it's inevitable that it will not last. I enjoy the combination of BlackBerry Android because you get the best of both worlds with the Android app market, but with all of the BlackBerry features. I think it's worth noting that BlackBerry hasn't been Android powered for long, so I don't think what we've seen is the end all be all and I hope that we'll see BlackBerry attempt to make Android more fluid. Also, let's be honest, for BlackBerry Mobile to be successful they'll have to appeal to a wider audience which includes all those people out there who will dismiss them if it's not Android. Although BlackBerry Android failed to increase sales initially, I believe that it is the right direction.

Overall I hope that it will be successful because I don't know about the rest of you, but I fear the day I have to learn to type on a touchscreen.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-01-17 05:04 PM
    I can understand that. The problem is when Google is the only game in town. When Google has a monopoly on all these services and even the OS that the run on (or a strong duopoly position), then consumers are left with little choice but have Google monitor their entire lives.

Yes, yes, we can all go back to using feature phones, but this is the whole point of anti-trust laws. When consumers have no choice for their map app, etc., then they get abused. Google really needs to be slapped down in a big way. I don't think even Trump's Administration has this on its radar screen, but once upon a time our government would have been all over Google.

I mean, what business is it in? Everything. And it uses its strength in one to force you into its other businesses.
    But there are alternatives. You have Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo and others for search. Outlook and Yahoo at least for email. There is Waze and TomTom and even a really nice one called Co pilot USA. There are options. They just aren't as nice as Google's products but you have choices.
    03-01-17 05:21 PM
    Hold down the post and select reply with quote.
    The KEYone looks awesome. It will never be the Passport since the Passport is unique. I have a Priv and as much as I love my Passport, it is undeniable that the App Gap + Bad decisions on RIM & BlackBerry management before (Rim)when iPhone was released and BlackBerry when BB10 was launched (at this time iOS and Android are leading the way) killed BB10 right from the start.

No marketing and no apps.

Passport and Classic were great devices and the BB10 launch should have Been Z30 and Classic, then Passport and a Z30 replacement.

You cannot blame John Chen for the death of BB10. He has to make money to shareholders and keep the company alive and profitable.

My Priv gives me the apps right there without any work around. Yes I prefer BB10 over Android but have to live with it.

Am I getting a KEYone? Absolutely. Would I like a Passport 2 with BB10? Yes!
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-01-17 08:31 PM
    The keyboard is shorter than the Classic's right? I honestly prefer the Classic's PKB to the Passport's, but I use the Passport for specs and screen.

Yeah, Android sux. BB10 is a masterpiece that I'll ride as long as I can. Maybe until the iPhone 8 drops. It's just that iOS and Android are such rotten operating systems, so old...but I like NightShift.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-01-17 10:53 PM
    Can't agree there. Much prefer the 3 row keyboard of the Passport

Agree with you, once you master the 3 row keyboard and memorize the virtual top row as well as the swipe gestures, there's nothing touching it. Especially the SE/ATT version. But reading the comments from people that have messed with the KEYone, the keyboard sounds promising.
    03-02-17 02:55 AM
    I love my PP but the Z30 held horizontally was a mean, mean typing force. Sentences would fly without me typing anything. If BlackBerry can duplicate that on Android they have something of value.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 03:17 AM
    But there are alternatives. You have Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo and others for search. Outlook and Yahoo at least for email. There is Waze and TomTom and even a really nice one called Co pilot USA. There are options. They just aren't as nice as Google's products but you have choices.
    Qwant is a nice search engine which respects privacy.
    Waze is owned by Google.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-02-17 03:28 AM
    Qwant is a nice search engine which respects privacy.
    Waze is owned by Google.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't know Waze was owned by google.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    03-02-17 04:53 AM
    Considering I've used and enjoyed my Passport for 2 yrs and 3 months now, I actually believe that the KEYone will be my next phone. Not right away however. Maybe 6 months or more after its release.
    Sure, I fully understand how BB10's features are (subjectively) better vs Android. By "features", I mean its Peek and Flow, multitasking, etc. You know, the way it does stuff.
    But let's face it, we have to move on. Personally, I find myself missing out on simple things found in famous apps. Sure, there may be workarounds, but it's different when you know that it shouldn't even be like that. For now, I survive. I'm able to communicate well with everyone I need to contact. I'm able to make the most of the Browser if needed. So on and so forth.
    But when the KEYone comes out, I will surely be tempted. Why? Because of the camera, because of the apps, and because of the "BlackBerry experience" I feel I'll get with its PKB and suite of apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 08:57 AM
    It's a good comeback in many ways...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    03-02-17 12:58 PM
    Waze is owned by Google.

Posted via CB10
    Haha!!! This is another thing monopolies love to do: buy up small competitors.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 01:10 PM
    Haha!!! This is another thing monopolies love to do: buy up small competitors.

Posted via CB10
    What a disgrace. Imagine all of the developers of Waze walking away with millions for their efforts and risk taking, and Google improving the crowd sourcing for its own mapping software to improve functionality.
    03-02-17 01:46 PM
    What a disgrace. Imagine all of the developers of Waze walking away with millions for their efforts and risk taking, and Google improving the crowd sourcing for its own mapping software to improve functionality.
    I'm sure the Waze people were very happy but the point of antitrust laws is to promote competition and protect consumers.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 01:50 PM
569 ... 56789 ...