Hi, do you read books on your Passport? What's the best e-reader? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Hi, I use KOBO and it has / is working fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 08:57 AM
    Google Play Services also contains a "verify apps" feature. This allows it to scan apps being installed (even from unknown sources). Quadrooter, for instance, was rendered powerless as a result. It is a very critical security feature that is often overlooked.
    Installing apps from third party sites was "at your own risk". Apple has no such feature, and the user was to be held accountable for what he chooses to install outside Googles "safe" play store. Lol there are always preachers who will eat a chocolate gilded poisoned apple and talk only about the taste of the choc

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 09:03 AM
    Hello all. New to the forums. Look forward to interacting more in the future. I've watched all the youtube videos I could find about the KEYone. Originally, I was against getting it, but the more I look at it, the more I want to give it a chance. It depends really on how the keyboard feels as the passport keyboard is buttery smooth. One handed operation would be good as well. Really only one of the downsides on the passport. Thoughts?
    02-28-17 09:09 AM
    Installing apps from third party sites was "at your own risk". Apple has no such feature, and the user was to be held accountable for what he chooses to install outside Googles "safe" play store. Lol there are always preachers who will eat a chocolate gilded poisoned apple and talk only about the taste of the choc

Posted via CB10
    If you don't like the freemium model, you can always pay to upgrade to G Suite.

"There is no advertising in G Suite Services, period. Google does not collect, scan, or use data from the core services for advertising purposes."

I myself will continue to use the free versions. I'm pretty comfortable with their terms of service.
    02-28-17 09:18 AM
    "There is no advertising in G Suite Services, period. Google does not collect, scan, or use data from the core services for advertising purposes."
    You're a mainstream folk. No judgement. You can be what you want to be. But for folks like you, it will take a while to wake you up from the matrix. Keep on eating that steak buddy. Jk.

The problem is not just about the phoning home freemium model. It is that Google has shown a continuous pattern of aggressive behaviour towards user privacy that has made it the subject of multiple call to orders by the government due to its penchant for breaking privacy and governmental laws lol and you're reading it's own statement to me religiously.

Try installing that patched youtube app you posted on crackberry on a tablet with Google play installed and let me know what happens in three days.

I'm surprised blackberry put its users through a freemium os that lacks user choice regarding privacy rather than joining with Microsoft or something. Why is blackberry trying to go mainstream when mainstream has never been it's business model?!? This is infuriating.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 09:32 AM
    Google play services,the nice green app that every developer swears by and praises, has the ability or requests permission to read what you privately post on social media. Infact, there were new permissions created just for that app to exist that goes beyond whatever these people who love it so much praise it for. Google wanted to see everything and control everything and from the first day that app was force installed on billions of phone, everyone with common sense knew something was wrong.
    Posted via CB10
    This is not what you described. It has a legitimity (see Conite's post above); it's not like a cooking book APP asking permissions to read your contacts.
    You may not like it, but it's not "against your will", unless you believe people can't read or are just dumb.
    02-28-17 10:18 AM
    You're a mainstream folk. No judgement.
    Attachment 418342

lol, no offense intended
    02-28-17 10:23 AM
    Only problem is that since android 4.3, with each passing 'update', since mainstreamers love the word update and free stuff, Google continues to hardbake itself within android so that it is difficult to separate android from Google.
    could lead to a monopoly lawsuit like microsoft had over integrating internet explorer/office into the OS so deeply
    02-28-17 10:48 AM
    @ryder55 Android on BlackBerry will never fit your demand. Mods are not permitted, by design. You won't change that, never.

Edit, rewinding the post I read ...
    A blackberry passport running Windows 10? please take my money!
    And you're seriously pretending you care about data mining, high security techniques and hacks, "because there's a reason", like you being a secret agent ?

Sorry OP, we flew totally OT.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-28-17 at 11:17 AM.
    02-28-17 11:00 AM
    Sorry OP, we flew totally OT.
    Let's get back on topic : Passport users, KEYone expectations.
    @ryder55 Android on BlackBerry will never fit your demand. Mods are not permitted, by design. You won't change that, never.
    I know this. Lol a locked down version of oooohhh android with a full suite of Google apps to choose from to make my life easier. With Dtek rather than xprivacy. Thanks blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 11:08 AM
    Legitimity because you wish it so and Google can do no evil? Go on github if you don't believe me and see for yourself. Most coders and privacy minded people will not install any Google infrastructure on their device. This was also one of the reasons why signal the app was not used by a lot of people because it claimed privacy but hops of Googles infrastructure. I'm not trying to be doomsday here. For mainstream users like Mr Colton, it's OK as long as it does what it's supposed to do. But for users who like to use cyanogenmod or run stripped android, there's a reason too.

Only problem is that since android 4.3, with each passing 'update', since mainstreamers love the word update and free stuff, Google continues to hardbake itself within android so that it is difficult to separate android from Google. But such matters don't bother mainstreamers. They even consider it positively lol

Posted via CB10
    This attaching of Android to Google is why the Justice Department needs to break up Google (or Alphabet). It is more pernicious than Microsoft in the 1990s.

Posted via CB10
    Babaganush_Spcl and Zeratul57 like this.
    02-28-17 12:43 PM
    I'm excited for it. Honestly the biggest pluses for me and my current passport have been the battery (my biggest plus as I'm a heavy user and don't want to have to charge throughout the day), the screen size which I think this is more than adequate and they keyboard.

The keyboard looks really nice. I ran with a classic for awhile and if it would have been slightly faster with a bigger screen I would have kept going with it. Well, this is basically that. Plus apps.

Do I need most of those apps? Not really. But if I can get the best of both worlds than I'm all in.

I've said it a few times and I think they hit a homerun for a pkb device with a huge battery and decent enough specs.

Posted via CB10
    I agree.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 12:56 PM
    This attaching of Android to Google is why the Justice Department needs to break up Google (or Alphabet). It is more pernicious than Microsoft in the 1990s.

Posted via CB10
    https://blog.grobox.de/2016/the-prop...ices-and-apps/

This is true. The moment Google play services was installed I knew it was the death of AOSP as we knew it. Too bad there are many Google apologists and "if you have nothing to hide why worry" people these days that corporations can run circles with the masses. Sad!

Although Google didn't win with its real name policy and shoving google+ down everyone's throat, it is still evolving.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 01:02 PM
    Too bad there are many Google apologists and "if you have nothing to hide why worry" people these days that corporations can run circles with the masses. Sad!

Posted via CB10
    I'm not an apologist. I'm a satisfied customer.

I am satisfied with the security features within Google to protect my data, and with its ToS that doesn't allow any identifying information to get to 3rd parties.

I'm not a naive fool dancing unawares in the land of chocolate and unicorns. I have made a conscious decision after reviewing the facts. No need to be sad for me.
    Last edited by conite; 02-28-17 at 02:27 PM.
    02-28-17 01:17 PM
    I'm not an apologist. I'm a satisfied customer.

I am satisfied with the security features within Google to protect my data, and with its ToS that doesn't allow any identifying information to get to 3rd parties.

I'm not a naive fool dancing unawares in the land of chocolate and unicorns. I have made a conscious decision after reviewing the facts. Not need to be sad for me.
    Absolutely understandable. Remember cipher in the matrix as an allegory? He preferred the steak even when shown the real world. The steak tastes good bud, no judging. Lol I like the way you sound off on legal dictum and TOS. Lol just the way we like it.

I'm not feeling sad for you at all. Just doing my part to say no lol. There are people who worry more about the future than their personal comfort and the world is changing. You don't understand this.
    Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 01:31 PM
    If you don't like the freemium model, you can always pay to upgrade to G Suite.

I myself will continue to use the free versions. I'm pretty comfortable with their terms of service.
    This is the problem with Google's monopoly. It's like paying a premium to breathe oxygen. (You can have privacy, but you need to pay us a monthly fee.)

Posted via CB10
    Babaganush_Spcl likes this.
    02-28-17 01:33 PM
    Are you the one man marketing team of blackberry? Lack of popular apps? You will be surprised at how many people value security over popularity, and yes, blackberry cannot offer android as a software and still claim security especially while offering non removable batteries. Without the selling force of security, what is blackberry? I blame John Chen. He has sold out to the NSA and governments for profit over principles and the consumers see it.

And that tiny screen with a polished cheap metal for a phone and crammed keyboard does what exactly?

Posted via CB10
    You sound bitter best you go pick up an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 01:41 PM
    You sound bitter best you go pick up an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Bitter lol? Do you know what that word means? I like the customizability of android. That's what made Linux lovers get drawn to it. Android is what various Linux distros attempt to be. Take the customizability away and you lose a big part of android. I still use android buddy. Just stripped and it works excellently well. Keyone cannot work for such users who want root access.

There has to be some resistance against attacks on our privacy lol not just resounding corporate doctrines like a shill. Should have watched enough starwars to know that you should not be a corporation loving shill. Join the resistance

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 01:50 PM
    I wonder if it's possible to have the same width and keyboard as the Passport. Am getting the hang of a 3 row pkb with a vkb at the top row...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    02-28-17 02:17 PM
    I have no problems with the size and format of KeyONE and I think it is an interesting phone. I also don't have any problems with the little lower specs SoC. I don't think it makes too much difference for ordinary day tasks. I would probably buy one if it had BB10 installed but since it runs Android it is a no no for me.
    02-28-17 02:29 PM
    I have no problems with the size and format of KeyONE and I think it is an interesting phone. I also don't have any problems with the little lower specs SoC. I don't think it makes too much difference for ordinary day tasks. I would probably buy one if it had BB10 installed but since it runs Android it is a no no for me.
    If it ran BB10 it would not be better than the PP in my book. Lower screen res (important for editing docs), same RAM, almost same processor speed, larger size (length). I still can't get over how big these new phones are lengthwise. With an attachment, you could use them as a skateboard.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 02:51 PM
    I haven't used my Priv in ages, but isn't that what it's supposed to do? You can set it to not access contacts/location/storage/camera etc. It also allows you to view how many times each app that has access to those specific things access your stuff.

It absolutely controls permissions.
    02-28-17 05:08 PM
    I hate Facebook.

That being said, I still can't bring myself to delete myself from it.

Conundrum.
    Babaganush_Spcl likes this.
    02-28-17 05:09 PM
    http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/21/11...cam-tape-photo

Remember when this came out with Mark Zuckerberg covering his webcam with tape and blocking his mic also using open source thunderbird for email lol yet one of the best spyware is the facebook and messenger app.
    He is using an open source email. We should protect the open source not reward companies like blackberry trying to harden the kernel yet leaving google to do whatever it wants. Blackberry had the best idea for android on the passport by going with Amazon, but yet whiners are never satisfied.
    Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    02-28-17 06:06 PM
    Absolutely understandable. Remember cipher in the matrix as an allegory? He preferred the steak even when shown the real world. The steak tastes good bud, no judging. Lol I like the way you sound off on legal dictum and TOS. Lol just the way we like it.

I'm not feeling sad for you at all. Just doing my part to say no lol. There are people who worry more about the future than their personal comfort and the world is changing. You don't understand this.
    Posted via CB10
    I love the matrix metaphor and you're not far off, but I'm not liking all this ragging on Conite! I mean I'm a little surprised to hear his stance honestly, but that's the whole thing with this new BlackBerry. You have the choice now to keep a PKB device and not compromise on apps.

Okay yea Android is not for everyone. Getting back to the thread topic: I'm a PP SE user and honestly while I am not a fan of Android or its "security" either, I am still very tempted by this K1! It has a fingerprint scanner, amazing camera (4K!) an OCTA-CORE (compared to my PP's Quad) and tons of storage. I kinda like having the 4 row KB back too. So to me, the only reason it's not Pre-ordered is because it's not BB10. But that being the reality, my device is still not outdated...yet. One day maybe a few years down the road when there is flash sales for the K1, I think it may be a very good transition phone from BB10.

Just my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    02-28-17 06:58 PM
569 ... 45678 ...