Mercury/keyone is not a blackberry device. It is just an android phone from tcl company which has blackberry logo behind of it. Even that keyboard can not satisfy us.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 06:36 AM
    Well, it attempt me. It's a beautiful device! The one who said they can't 'game' on the device should really look stop complaining because this device aren't for them. I only care about battery life because you nvr gnna know when you gnna need that extra juice out of your device when you need it.

The battery life on passport satisfy me so far & would like to see how KeyOne held up against my BlackBerry Passport OG, if it does better on the KeyOne I probably just keep the Passport in the drawer & award it as the best device I ever used!

via BlackBerry P A S S P O R T | Original Gangster
    02-26-17 06:57 AM
    I have to admit that from the first pretty reliable renders onwards, the phone's design never appealed to me. Can't get over the top part of the phone and the glossy and cheap (even if it may not be the case) looking keyboard. An unhappy cross between the PP, Classic and iphone. Can't get beyond that.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 07:10 AM
    I use a combination of Passport and Classic (daily driver). Because I use the Passport as my work device and also for writing assignments for online courses, as well as for lots of reading, I know that I will be sticking to the Passport for quite some time. No other device, not even the KEYone, will be able to rival the Passport's reading experience.

The only thing I am curious about though is if the KEYone's battery life will be better, worse, or comparable to the Passport's.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    02-26-17 08:20 AM
    What's interesting is that the blackberrymobile.com doesn't render at all properly on any of the browsers I have on my Passport. Is that on purpose or does it show the ageing webkit support on BBOS 10?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 09:00 AM
    What's interesting is that the blackberrymobile.com doesn't render at all properly on any of the browsers I have on my Passport. Is that on purpose or does it show the ageing webkit support on BBOS 10?

Posted via CB10
    The latter.
    02-26-17 09:07 AM
    I have had two Passport, a white one , which I sold to upgrade to the SE
    Great phone but it's time has passed ..I still keep it in a box ..
    Use Dtek60 now , but will get KEYone to me
    Looks like a thinner version of Passport SE

Great looking phone which will out sell the passport and bring people back to blackberry brand ...the reviews are very positive ...
    02-26-17 09:09 AM
    Mercury/keyone is not a blackberry device. It is just an android phone from tcl company which has blackberry logo behind of it. Even that keyboard can not satisfy us.

Posted via CB10
    I would wait until wait until a BlackBerry user gets one. Then lets see
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-26-17 09:35 AM
    I would wait until wait until a BlackBerry user gets one. Then lets see
    True.

Let's not pass judgement on the device's performance until real world users have put it through the infinite use cases since nobody has had it long enough to fully review it. Heck, it's not even available yet!
    geekaren likes this.
    02-26-17 09:40 AM
    True.

Let's not pass judgement on the device's performance until real world users have put it through the infinite use cases since nobody has had it long enough to fully review it. Heck, it's not even available yet!
    That said, the people I know that went to Barcelona thought it was fantastic.
    02-26-17 09:41 AM
    EVERYTHING about the Key one is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything!!! Seriously everything except the google inside. Ofcourse I will be using Passport until I cant anymore. Many many years from now.
    02-26-17 09:42 AM
    I don't know how many of you watched the MWC keynote on the new BlackBerry KeyOne Android phone by BlackBerry Mobile, but if you did, I'm curious to know your reactions as one who owns and uses a BlackBerry Passport. Does it tempt you? I'm not gonna lie, it would be pretty nice to have all apps available to us and not have to worry about when our device might become obsolete. However for me (and of course we reserve the right to change our minds after using it), it made me thankful I have the Passport and really didn't tempt me at all.

Why? My main reasons (opinions) are #1 ) which is probably the most controversial is that Android just doesn't match up to BB10, it's really night and day. I have used several Android devices and even the Priv for a month. I would appreciate apps and a better camera, but BB10 is that good and Android is that inferior of an OS. I really do not like Android. If BBOS didn't exist, that would be different, but I so enjoy the fluid OS of BB10.
    It might be the best Blackberry Android to date, but no, it doesn't tempt me. I think it will be a failure for the Android crowd because they are saying it is a flagship phone at close to flagship prices with a midrange chipset. If it ran BB10, I might consider it, I think hardware is decent design and I can pay a bit of a premium, but I am still looking for the old-style pocket size. (Passport is my big play device :-)

I agree, I think BB10 is still too good to pass up for me. I don't have app problem as others, but I see how others want tons of apps. The best solution is BB10 with updated Android runtime. If you take a look at what Cobalt can already achieve, can you imagine what Blackberry could do? It is not so much technological but stupid legal nonsense from Google preventing anyone from doing this.
    I only have Cobalt installed on a Z30 to prevent "contamination" on my other BB10 devices, but it is easy to copy the installed APK and files over and frankly to me it is amazing what works. The few times I want an Android app (and frankly it is only for "fun" stuff for the kiddies), I grab it on my Z30 and copy it over to the other devices and it has always worked perfectly. Even plenty of streaming video apps and games.
    02-26-17 09:54 AM
    im kinda excited.. if I can only migrate some of my files and apps special the my be maps pro and my accountant app which is my most used app honestly to the people who criticizing it for having 625 instead of 820 loooool get facts first before complaining. if ur specs hog dont buy BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 09:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    The browser age has nothing to do with it, I can tell you the site rendered properly using the default browser even on my Z10. It was a bit slow because it turns out there's something like 3-4 self playing, looping videos that are embedded on the page. The browser does not have perfect standards support, but when pitted up against iPhone SE with latest OS on HTML5test - How well does your browser support HTML5?, my Z10 still scores same or better. If you choose to make your website incompatible with BB10 browser, you are also locking out iOS users, so maybe not a wise idea.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    02-26-17 10:03 AM
    If you choose to make your website incompatible with BB10 browser, you are also locking out iOS users, so maybe not a wise idea.
    Not at all. There are many websites that only work properly if you have an iPhone user agent.
    02-26-17 10:06 AM
    The only thing I am curious about though is if the KEYone's battery life will be better, worse, or comparable to the Passport's.
    While there's some boasting about that battery, do note the specs are 3450 vs 3505 mAh in favour of the KEYone, do the math, it's about 1% difference I think. That is probably even within manufacturing variance. On the KEYone side, it drives a lower power midrange CPU and a smaller display, but on the other hand, I'll be that good ol' Android OS sucks up a wee bit more power than BB10. For a good comparison, check out Moto Z Play which has very similar specs, they are claiming ~50hrs and some people are hitting that mark I think.
    02-26-17 10:07 AM
    The browser age has nothing to do with it, I can tell you the site rendered properly using the default browser even on my Z10. It was a bit slow because it turns out there's something like 3-4 self playing, looping videos that are embedded on the page. The browser does not have perfect standards support, but when pitted up against iPhone SE with latest OS on HTML5test - How well does your browser support HTML5?, my Z10 still scores same or better. If you choose to make your website incompatible with BB10 browser, you are also locking out iOS users, so maybe not a wise idea.
    It is not about score but about experience. The page just renders terrible on my Passport and I guess it is because of the bigger screen size. However switching any of the browsers to desktop mode didn't change a bit. It is renders quick and correct on my iPhone 7 so my question is really whether this is outdated support on BBOS 10 or just a poorly developed Web experience. Based on your feedback it looks like the latter.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 10:11 AM
    the KEYone will blow away the passport. It has the 4 row keyboard that the passport has been missing all its life!

Posted via CB10
    Like it has been said before your comparing apples to avocados. You just can't compare or make that statement and expect to be regarded as anything but phlegm.

The Passport is in a class of its own in a time of its own. That's like saying the Google Pixel will blow away the first windows phone 7 lol

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    02-26-17 10:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    My Passport renders it ok using the stock browser with a slight delay but not bothersome. I agree though that the webkit is getting up there in age.
    Reactions to the KeyOne from Passport users...-img_20170226_114407.png
    Reactions to the KeyOne from Passport users...-img_20170226_114421.png
    02-26-17 10:48 AM
    I use a combination of Passport and Classic (daily driver). Because I use the Passport as my work device and also for writing assignments for online courses, as well as for lots of reading, I know that I will be sticking to the Passport for quite some time. No other device, not even the KEYone, will be able to rival the Passport's reading experience.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, do you read books on your Passport? What's the best e-reader? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 11:11 AM
    To be realistic it has the same specs as the Moto Z Play.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...es/10439,10215

It's actually not too bad I guess, we were just expecting more RAM

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 11:14 AM
    I just had to borrow my previous phone, which I had given away, just to change the payment options for Uber, which can't be done through a browser, only through the app... As much as I appreciate my Passport, running through those kinds of hoops means eventually having to switch to something, which better have a keyboard, any keyboard as long as it's not an on screen one. At $550 it's too much money, I'll have to wait until it comes down to $400, with the launch of TCL's Keytwo? That implies there are no obvious gotchas in the Keyone.
    02-26-17 11:23 AM
    Will use both at the beginning. Only time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 11:49 AM
    Nothings perfect. I wish it was wider but what can you do. I'm sure it has more pros that will outweigh the cons. I'm going to make the switch.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
    02-26-17 11:58 AM
    Hi, do you read books on your Passport? What's the best e-reader? Thanks!
    Attn: thread derail! Playepub Book Reader in BlackBerry World -- now back to our regularly scheduled thread
    Babaganush_Spcl likes this.
    02-26-17 12:02 PM
569 1234 ...