02-07-15 10:21 AM
71 123
tools
    LOL. I refuse to get a BlackBerry for my wife(# 6 to date) without protecting the BlackBerry from her "fun dungeon".....called a purse.
    Haha! You are right! Most girl's clothing wouldn't allow us to have phones, especially the Passport, in our pockets. We can use a flip case or a pouch, (with or without a screen protector) so we can put it safely inside the purse.

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport
    02-05-15 09:57 PM
    I always use an anti-glare screen protector. Not only does it protect the screen from minor scratches, it also improves the feel of gliding for your fingers when using the touchscreen... because these anti-glare screen protectors are just so slippery'nice!

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 10:23 PM
    I started using screen protector after the Piel Frama case cut on the screen of my Bold 9000. At that time, phone case did not hold the phone by clasping to the sides but used leather wrap-around like a pocket with opening for screen and buttons.

A good tip for fitting is to do it in the bathroom after a shower. You get less dust that way.

Posted via CB10
    This is a great tip. Why did I never figure this out before? Tried it right away last night for my son's new phone and it worked great. No problem with dust at all.
    02-06-15 03:54 AM
    I'm crazy when it comes to screen protectors.

I roll Scotch tape on two spots on the back of the protector, and use them as handles to lower the protector onto the screen.

I also will pull the protector up while applying, as soon as I see lint or a piece of dust, and I put the tape around my finger or over the tip, and touch the dust, so it sticks to the tape and gets off the protector or screen.

I know this all sounds crazy and wildly obsessive compulsive, but it works and I have no air bubbles or any dust under my OEM screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 03:58 AM
    I'm crazy when it comes to screen protectors.

I roll Scotch tape on two spots on the back of the protector, and use them as handles to lower the protector onto the screen.

I also will pull the protector up while applying, as soon as I see lint or a piece of dust, and I put the tape around my finger or over the tip, and touch the dust, so it sticks to the tape and gets off the protector or screen.

I know this all sounds crazy and wildly obsessive compulsive, but it works and I have no air bubbles or any dust under my OEM screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly how mine get fitted at the mobile repair shop, perfect job every time, but dammed if I can get it right, hence paying someone to do it properly.

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    02-06-15 04:19 AM
    Rule #1 of having a smartphone: Do not put keys in the same pocket as your phone

Always had my phone completely naked and screen is still without scratches
    02-06-15 09:28 AM
    I briefly used a screen protector and really noticed the difference when i took it off. I use vertical flip cases, which also come off easy if you're sitting at home and want, you know, the naked experience. The case protects the screen and offers better all-around protection if you drop it.
    02-06-15 09:33 AM
    Get u a tempered glass protector from ebay for $9.00 more protection plus even without any protection you still will get smears on screen regardless.

Posted via J's Blackberry Passport
    I have a glass screen protector as well. Slick!
    02-06-15 11:27 AM
    Never use em. Never had any issues arise from not using one either.
    What's the longest you have ever used one device as your go to device?

But most modern devices have scratch resistant glass... keys and your average wear and tear shouldn't affect it. Of course from time to time things can happen.... it's kinda like insurance, you don't need it till you need it.
    02-06-15 11:35 AM
    I found that a good screen protector really does keep the screen from breaking.

I personally use a privacy screen protector for my Passport since the screen is so large. Keeps looky loos on the subway and plane from staring at what I'm doing.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 11:39 AM
    02-06-15 01:24 PM
    No pic right now but here is the website for Ghost Armor - Ghost Armor | Screen Protectors & Scratchproof Skins.
    02-06-15 02:28 PM
    Ich nicht habe a link. tut mir leid! just look it up on amazon. I got one for me z30.
    02-06-15 04:59 PM
    I don't use screen protectors. I normally will get a clear, grippy, TPU case. If you have a grippy case then you don't have to worry as much about drops. I also always keep my phone in my left pocket by itself so that the screen doesn't get scratched.
    02-06-15 05:35 PM
    Rule #1 of having a smartphone: Do not put keys in the same pocket as your phone

Always had my phone completely naked and screen is still without scratches
    that's impossible.
    The thing is, the scratches are so small and thin that you would never notice them. You need a powerful light source and the correct angle to see them.
    Tried three weeks with a passport(that I'm exchanging) without a cover. Man it felt great, but the scratches were there. Especially with the constant swiping up of BlackBerry 10.
    02-06-15 05:43 PM
    Most battery manufacturers say that if li-ion batteries heat up too much they start to lose their effectiveness. Depending on the case, it can retain heat inside next to the battery.
    02-06-15 08:45 PM
    I manage a landscape company and I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty from time to time. But I am scared of scratching up the beautiful screen on this thing. It really takes only one spec of sand and your screen is scratched forever. Only visible in certain light conditions? Yeah, sure, including 'backlighting' and try a white background like google and: "Oh, hey, colourful line of pixels!"
    I've used several different types of screen protectors and I honestly am happiest with the OEM one. Ever since the Z30 I've been using them. They don't last forever but that's kind of the point. Make your screen look brand new again by putting a new one on. I'll try to show in a picture but the photo obviously couldn't be taken with the Passport. No bubbles on mine. Just a very small visible outline of a screen protector.
    The trick is to make sure there is no dust whatsoever. Keep the adhesive side facing down and try to peel off the protective backing at the exact same time that you are sticking it to the screen to reduce the chance of dust getting caught in the process. Also, try these from Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.ca/XShields-5-Pac...droidcent08-20
    They are basically free + shipping and you get 5 of them (I think it was around $8 CDN, for me). They aren't as nice of a fit as the official one but they are good for practicing how to properly install one.
    I'm on my second OEM one now as I somehow put a huge gouge in the first one. But it's such a relief when you peel it off and your screen is still mint. Worth it.

[RAW OPINION] Whats your take on screen protector?-img_20150206_200104_hdr.jpg

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    02-06-15 10:48 PM
    Regardless of how the screen is Gorilla Glass 3, how strong and scratch resistant it is makes no difference to my decision to apply a screen protector. For me it is mandatory because the one part of the device I find most important to protect is the screen. In the situation with the Passport's 'back cover spot' issue around the logo (definitely not the worst problem to have) I also find it necessary to keep the back protected too. That's where the BlackBerry hard shell case proves it's worth for me. This Passport I have now will almost never come out of this case and screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 11:34 PM
    Ghost armour. Works great.

Posted via CB10
    1000+. First thing I get

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 11:38 PM
    that's impossible.
    The thing is, the scratches are so small and thin that you would never notice them. You need a powerful light source and the correct angle to see them.
    Tried three weeks with a passport(that I'm exchanging) without a cover. Man it felt great, but the scratches were there. Especially with the constant swiping up of BlackBerry 10.
    Look maybe there are, but as long as I don't see or feel them, it's like they're not.
    02-07-15 06:13 AM
    I just find companies make a lot off of cases and screen protectors. You buy the otter box for $100 and it makes your phone look awful. And what are you protecting? I bought my passport a few months ago and it has already dropped a third of the price. I have never had a phone break and I have dropped them without a case. My phones don't get all scratched up when I am done with them. Just take care of it and it will be fine.

If you are going to buy a passport that is as beautiful as it it is useful, don't wreck it with a case. Buy a galaxy that you might as well cover up.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 10:21 AM
71 123