My Q10 is the first phone I am not using a screen protector or a case. The phone feels so good in my hand I choose to keep it just the way it came out of the box.
    02-05-15 12:10 AM
    I just still have the default plastic on mine it's fine lol

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    02-05-15 12:21 AM
    OP, if you can live without the screen protector then don't bother.
    If you must have one on, use one with wet application, i.e. spray liquid on the surface before putting on the screen protector, as someone has already suggested.
    The trick with putting on a screen protector is, once you have set one edge on the screen properly, to let the screen pull the protector in. Never 'put' the screen protector on nor push it onto the screen. One hand hold the edge in place on the screen, the other hand hold the opposite end of the protector up to prevent it from going down to quick.
    Once you have align and put one edge of the protector onto the screen, surface tension between the two will pull the protector onto the screen. Your job then is to slow this process down so the protector will attached evenly to the screen and no or a minimum number of bubbles is formed. Normally bubble will form toward where the protector is first set onto the screen. Get a piece of masking tape and attach it onto the protector at a corner or edge nearest to the bubble and lift that part of the protector up to remove the bubble. Trace a finger on where the bubble is to push it out, then slowly lowering down the protector again onto the screen as above. If the masking tape does not adhere strongly enough, use a scotch tape instead, but remember to fold the end of the tape before attaching it to the screen protector. Later when removing the tape off the protector, you want to pull it from inside out toward the edge of the protector. If you do it the other way around, you will lift up the whole screen protector before knowing it.
    Do this in a dust-free place. Carpeted room often is a nightmare. My place got too much fabric around so I always end up with lots of fiber strands which cause the bubbles. In such case, lift the protector with a masking tape as above and use another piece of masking tape to stick out the fiber/dust particle.
    02-05-15 12:30 AM
    I always put a matte screen protector on every device I have. It feels better than the bare screen, safer too.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 12:33 AM
    Always pop a screen protector on all my phones. They don't come out of the box without a case and protector. There are differences in quality of screen protectors and ease of fitting.

A bit anal I know but these things are expensive so why take a chance. Screen protectors do change the feel of the screen but you soon get used to that. The tempered glass ones don't but I haven't fitted those.

A good tip for fitting is to do it in the bathroom after a shower. You get less dust that way.

Posted via CB10
    Hai Bo likes this.
    02-05-15 01:19 AM
    Hehe I'm still using the screen protector that came with my Passport lol, sure it has lots of tiny scratches but that's what the screen protector is there for I guess. But the screen protector that is originally on the Passport is pretty soft if it scratches easily.

Hasn't peeled off, when it does then I'll change it for a new one altho I'm looking for a decent tempered glass protector at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 05:21 AM
    I never use a screen protector on any of my phones. I find they take away from the screen quality and touch ability. I'm just careful I don't put anything else in the pocket with it. 4 months without one on the 2 in my household, no scratches.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 05:48 AM
    Have tried putting different screen protectors on every device I have owned thinking, "this will be the one that I can love." I have removed every screen protector from every device I have owned!

I guess for some of us naked and free is the only way to fly...
    02-05-15 06:00 AM
    very interesting posts!
    02-05-15 07:00 AM
    I really enjoy the protection, feeling and cleanliness of my tru protection anti-glare screen protector. Only thing with this brand is that it's short and because of swipe up gestures, I always install directly against the top keyboard fret which leaves a huge 3mm gap at top. I wonder sometimes who makes the final decision to design these things! Will leave review on Crackberry where I purchased from this week.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 07:11 AM
    I stopped using screen protectors when I discovered flip shell cases. First the Q10 oem case, with a suede microfibre lining, and now the Passport Tetded case, also with a microfibre liner. Just to be on the safe side, I cut a piece of satin microfibre cloth to keep in the case and wipe off the smudges. Much better than trapped dust particles under a screen protector, even with wet application.

But you do need a flip shell case, an open-face hardshell still requires a screen protector.

And Fistmaster - why do you assume that all the people replying to your posts are men?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    02-05-15 07:33 AM
    just get a tempered glass one. they work awesome. avoid plastic ones.
    02-05-15 08:01 AM
    just get a tempered glass one. they work awesome. avoid plastic ones.
    Do you have any links? Where <ou buy this great stuff? Preferably Germany. Amazon would be best!
    02-05-15 08:31 AM
    I'm still bare on my Classic. There hasnt been many times that I've had to clean the screen because for some reason it's more resistant to smudges than my Z10.

I have the OEM rubber case around it so when it is face down the screen doesn't touch the surface. Other than that it's in a holster with the screen covered.

Since my phone doesn't go in a pants pocket, nothing like keys or coins go near it.

I will probably have to see a screen protector on one to make the decision to get it.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    02-05-15 08:35 AM
    I would love to use a screen protector, but it really sapps the visual for me, I do use a holster so not completely unprotected.
    02-05-15 09:24 AM
    Putting on screen protectors is a fumbly thing and I can never get them on properly like you! I just get the guys at my local rogers wireless store to do it! They do that a lot for customers and I figure better t get the professionals o do it!

I do have the oem hard shell case but I need more coverage of the device in my usage, so I use a Tetded dijon ii case combined with a PDAIR side holster..
    Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 09:52 AM
    To each their own. I totally get why some people use them religiously.
    LOL. I refuse to get a BlackBerry for my wife(# 6 to date) without protecting the BlackBerry from her "fun dungeon".....called a purse.
    02-05-15 10:05 AM
    Decision time!

I just peeled off the screen protector!

One thing about Blackberry is when it's lying on a table. Thats when it shows the sexiness! But then I saw this shiney, bubbley screen. I grabbed it and peeled it off. and it looks better now.

Of course, the hard shell stays. It looks great. I will now just use the Blackberry cloathing tissue and I am done.

Thanks for your posts! Helped me a lot.
    02-05-15 01:10 PM
    Screen protectors greatly reduce the risk of screen breakage when you inevitably drop your device.. Some of them can be extremely difficult to apply without bubbles and others result in glare or fuzziness of the display and many of them scratch fairly easily, so it is well worth researching and finding a good screen protector.. Some people like the tempered-glass versions, which are probably the ultimate in durability and clarity, but they are very thick compared to a plastic film protector, and most touch screen devices tend to have a very slight curve near the edges, which can cause adhesion issues with a perfectly flat glass plate.. Additionally, the hardness of the glass tends to transmit impact right through to the actual screen, so I'd worry about the actual ability to protect against drops..

Personally, I've tried a number of screen protectors including most of the the high end, highly rated brands, like Zagg, iShieldz, Ghost Armor, Tru, etc, and most have not lived up to their reputations... The plastic screen protectors tend to come in two types: 1) hard plastic and 2) soft urethane film. The hard plastic are generally much better in terms of clarity, but pick up scratches fairly easily.. The soft film versions (that they claim were made for things like helicopter blades) are much more resistant to major scratches due to their "self healing" property, but they may be more problematic to install without bubbles, are generally less clear than the hard plastic, and they pick up minor scratches fairly easily..

What I currently have are the Extreme protectors, which are basically "industrial grade" films with a bit rougher surface finish, but they are also dirt cheap (look for discount codes which give you up to 90% (yes, not a typo) off the regular price, so you can pick up a bunch of them, and just replace when they get too scratched up..
    02-05-15 02:11 PM
    Has anyone bought a tempered glass protector that is closer to "full size" of the screen?
    I bought this one on eBay.

[RAW OPINION] Whats your take on screen protector?-screen.jpg

And its hard to tell in this picture, but it is actually smaller that the display that comes through the screen.

[RAW OPINION] Whats your take on screen protector?-20150205_144819.jpg

Also, I bought this case on eBay and I love it, no holster but the case itself is VERY nice, fits well and has "grip".

Ringke FUSION Blackberry Passport Shock Absorption Bumper Hard Case
    [RAW OPINION] Whats your take on screen protector?-case.jpg

I bought another cheap case with holster, silicone with a hard plastic wrap, the silicone was very soft and did not fit the phone very well.

[RAW OPINION] Whats your take on screen protector?-old-case.jpg
    02-05-15 02:14 PM
    Has anyone bought a tempered glass protector that is closer to "full size" of the screen?
    I bought this one on eBay.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen.JPG 
Views:	523 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	332025

And its hard to tell in this picture, but it is actually smaller that the display that comes through the screen.

Name:	20150205_144819.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	332026

Also, I bought this case on eBay and I love it, no holster but the case itself is VERY nice, fits well and has "grip".

Ringke FUSION Blackberry Passport Shock Absorption Bumper Hard Case

Name:	Case.JPG 
Views:	523 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	332027

I bought another cheap case with holster, silicone with a hard plastic wrap, the silicone was very soft and did not fit the phone very well.

Name:	Old Case.JPG 
Views:	521 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	332030

WOW! Cool combo! Especially the Ringke FUSION case, looks awesome.
    02-05-15 03:07 PM
    Screen protector all the way. My first 9900 had scuffs from my holster on the screen. After that: always had screen protectors. Paid 600 for this beast of a passport, I am protecting it.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 03:13 PM
    Screen protectors greatly reduce the risk of screen breakage when you inevitably drop your device.. Some of them can be extremely difficult to apply without bubbles and others result in glare or fuzziness of the display and many of them scratch fairly easily, so it is well worth researching and finding a good screen protector.. Some people like the tempered-glass versions, which are probably the ultimate in durability and clarity, but they are very thick compared to a plastic film protector, and most touch screen devices tend to have a very slight curve near the edges, which can cause adhesion issues with a perfectly flat glass plate.. Additionally, the hardness of the glass tends to transmit impact right through to the actual screen, so I'd worry about the actual ability to protect against drops..

Personally, I've tried a number of screen protectors including most of the the high end, highly rated brands, like Zagg, iShieldz, Ghost Armor, Tru, etc, and most have not lived up to their reputations... The plastic screen protectors tend to come in two types: 1) hard plastic and 2) soft urethane film. The hard plastic are generally much better in terms of clarity, but pick up scratches fairly easily.. The soft film versions (that they claim were made for things like helicopter blades) are much more resistant to major scratches due to their "self healing" property, but they may be more problematic to install without bubbles, are generally less clear than the hard plastic, and they pick up minor scratches fairly easily..

What I currently have are the Extreme protectors, which are basically "industrial grade" films with a bit rougher surface finish, but they are also dirt cheap (look for discount codes which give you up to 90% (yes, not a typo) off the regular price, so you can pick up a bunch of them, and just replace when they get too scratched up..
    And having said that, I do not recommend the ishieldz brand as getting warranty service is a bit of a gong show! I had a lot of issues with their online warranty page where it kept on timing out and NOT showing on their computer systems. And they kept on referring me back to that online page, after 6 attempts they found it! Another issue is thier customer service staff! This girl I was speaking with had a defective headset so she couldn't hear me say my name over and over again! This warranty ordeal took a few hours of frustration!

Overall no matter what screen protector u use, make sure thewarranty is on par!

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 03:26 PM
    I have found a simple solution to eliminate the need for a screen protector and it works every time; don't treat your beautiful BlackBerry like loose change, a set of keys or your wallet...
    02-05-15 05:30 PM
    LOL. I refuse to get a BlackBerry for my wife(# 6 to date) without protecting the BlackBerry from her "fun dungeon".....called a purse.
    Wife #6 or BlackBerry #6?

Posted via CB10
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    02-05-15 06:16 PM
71 123