Hello,

The phone was working perfectly until today then out of the blue it just gave the 0015 error. Then I reloaded the OS. I wiped the data (security wipe). I did this three times. Before you ask, I did not restore anything from BB Link.

Phone boots twice, takes too long to boot and randomly reboots. It gives the "SIM is from a foreign source" error when it finally boots before the inevitable reboot. How do I solve this?
    The funny thing is, this phone (or any BB product) is not officially available in Turkey. So, there is no warranty. Please help me.
    In case if no one can help, can BB change the phone if I give them a proof of purchase from a retailer?
    02-03-15 03:37 AM
    Hello,

The phone was working perfectly until today then out of the blue it just gave the 0015 error. Then I reloaded the OS. I wiped the data (security wipe). I did this three times. Before you ask, I did not restore anything from BB Link.

Phone boots twice, takes too long to boot and randomly reboots. It gives the "SIM is from a foreign source" error when it finally boots before the inevitable reboot. How do I solve this?
    The funny thing is, this phone (or any BB product) is not officially available in Turkey. So, there is no warranty. Please help me.
    In case if no one can help, can BB change the phone if I give them a proof of purchase from a retailer?
    Have you tried booting it up without the SIM inserted?

There should be a one year manufacturer warranty. Even though you didn't buy direct from BlackBerry, it hasn't been out more than a year, so I would think all phones are covered at this point. Try telling them it was a gift someone got for you from shopbb you think. Worth a shot.

Also, does BlackBerry Link recognize your device when it's plugged in? If so, you can try and load a new OS through Sachesi and that might fix it.

Sorry I don't have more concrete info for ya. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 07:08 AM
    I'm afraid that I'll have to be the one to break the bad news here. I've had one such device with exactly same problem and I tried everything under the sky to try and fix this . It's definitely a hardware issue and the problem or problems are on the main board.
    Even if you did not get directly from BlackBerry you may still be able to get a replacement phone because at this point BlackBerry would just replace the phone with another one.. no repair.
    Here's what I would advise you to do. You can try and return it to the place you bought it or contact BlackBerry directly and they will be able to tell you how to go about the warranty claim as this phone is definitely still under warranty. BlackBerry will only deal with phones sold by certain companies or in certain areas as they have different agreement with different vendors. In Canada for example, all warranties are handled by either the carriers or Amazon.ca so your situation could be different from mine.
    If you have a twitter account it's easy to contact BlackBerry Help on twitter also and their response time is pretty quick also. If you prefer to call BlackBerry then that's another option but I only have toll free number that might not work outside of North America or a Toronto number that will be long distance for you. Keep us posted and let us know if you need any further help ok. So sorry about your experience with this. I feel for you!!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 05:49 PM