Oh boy. Brand new SE SQW100-4 3.3.3216. I reckoned that even for just 14 months the investment (not at all small) would be worth it for the extra capability and capacity. But .. oh gosh .. the ##*!!()? thing keeps cutting out mid-use. Screen darkens and the machine reboots.
    No pattern that I can discern. Completely unacceptable. Back to my trusty 2013 Z10.
    Common? Cure? So utterly depressing, my first experience of BB10 fragility. The app gap is trivially important. The speed and inability to multitask on the Z10 (say, Audible + Maps) is becoming a real problem: hence the SE. Grrrr. What's your experience?
    PS How do you get the BlackBerry blackberry symbol into a signature?? Love it!!

Z10 / STL100-4 / 10.3.2.2888 / Runtime fixed
    11-23-18 01:21 AM
    A friend of mine has never-ending problems with Messenger Lite for Android. The app keeps crashing or sucking his battery in a few hours. And there is plenty such a issues with BB10 these days.

I completely understand that you love the OS, so I did. But as long as you want to stick with PKB, getting a KEY2 / KEY2LE is the way to go now.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-23-18 01:57 AM
    Actually I'm not wild about PKB, much preferring VKB for many reasons including care and cleaning. I really particularly dislike the hybrid digits/letters = VKB/PKB that is characteristic of the PP, switching touch'n'feel all the time in use is really uncomfortable.
    The PP is good for speed and space within the constraints of the OS, which of course we all love for its own sake.
    It's the vehicle not the engine design that has driven me insane. Four failures in a week, two within ten minutes of each other. Is this even possibly a "feature" of the machine/model/OS combination, or have I bought a dud? I've heard of random reboots on the Q10, also PKB. Maybe deft touch typing has led to pressing two keys simultaneously but inadvertently e.g. BKSP and ENTER, being an intended short cut to reboot? Just don't know.

Z10 / STL100-4 / 10.3.2.2888 / Runtime fixed
    11-23-18 03:43 AM
    I have two passports, one black and one SE. Have never experienced any problems with stability. Can't recognize such problems to be frequent among postings here either. Hardware?
    11-23-18 05:07 AM
    This must have something to do with how the OS gets updated - correctly or sometimes not. When I got my Passport in 2016 it was rock stable. Then, after one of OTA OS updates a few months later, random reboots appeared. I had no time to reflash it with autoloader, so I just got used to live with them. Next OS update didn't fix it, it actually got even worse. Then guess what, the latest 3216 OS update magically fixed it. Not a single reboot since then, i.e. for many months.
    11-23-18 06:50 AM
    FYI, the Q10 reboots you've heard about are most likely related with a loose connection with the battery, which is easily fixed with a folded piece of paper. Doesn't seems to be your case.
    11-23-18 08:19 AM
    If you have multiple reboots on a CLEAN reinstall of the latest OS then you must have a hardware problem of some sort. I would autoload with 10.3.3.3216. Let it sit for 10 minutes or so then set up with BBID/email/contacts and other basics. Add only a few basic apps (no android) and just use it for a few hours. If it is still restarting download and install BBVE from BBW and do a hardware check. After all that, if it's still restarting, I think you can assume you have a dud.
    11-23-18 08:27 AM
    11-23-18 10:37 AM
    I have a OG Passport and a SE: my SE also has random rebooting issue too. I figured it was a faulty component, memory perhaps?
    No issues with my other BB devices: Q10, Z30,Z10.
    But weirdly will happen during typing emails or just browsing or anything: just random.
    Strangely the SE battery will quickly drain, even when turned off, but the OG holds a charge. Maybe I should check the battery connection.
    However, just love the SE keyboard. And I have heard the battery drain while off is common too.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-18 04:07 AM
    when my passports got to warm in summer time they rebooted. It happened if I weared them in my trousers pocket, in a separate bag everything was fine.
    11-25-18 03:05 AM
    My Silver Edition Passport random boot all the time with stock apps.
    Found it to be a hardware issue and boxed it up and fired my reserve White Passport.
    Basically you are done with the fried motherboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-18 02:15 PM