Hi all,

With the news that's been reported many times that there will not be another BB10 device coming out I am looking to purchase a few.

I prefer new devices and just purchased a Classic. The next one I would like is a SE Passport and I suspect stock might be slightly low on them since I doubt the production run was high. One of the issues I have seen is the random restart and I personally had 2 friends with them return them via Crackberry store.

Has this issue been officially fixed yet via software or hardware? It's been almost a year since this phone has been out so I would hope the initial problems have been dealt with. The prices on a few used ones around here are compelling but not if I have issues with restarts and short warranty period.

Any thoughts? Many thanks for the assistance. I know about searching the forums but some posters say the issues have been fixed and some say no. The posts are also older so looking more for a up to date answer.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 04:02 PM
    My personal experience would say it's hardware related. But that's just me

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2)
    04-26-16 04:06 PM
    Definitely hardware related. The only software solution Blackberry has for this is to wipe and re-install your device which has not worked for me. I'm trying to return mine right now, it's not going well. I've been told to talk to some company called Ingram Micro but they haven't gotten back to me.

Passport SE is the best phone I've ever seen but the combination of glitches and terrible customer support mean that if I do manage to get mine exchanged I'm selling it ASAP.
    04-26-16 04:53 PM
    Well luckily I haven't faced any problems with any BlackBerry devices so far and I'm currently using the SE as my main driver. No heating problems, skin lift or restarts.
    Guess I either am quite lucky or people have bad luck with their passports..
    But I do understand that it must be kinda frustrating to have these problems and one has to return it :/

posted via CB10 on my Passport SE
    simply_reyner likes this.
    04-26-16 05:17 PM
    same here using my passport se as my daily driver no issue or whatsoever it works perfect for me..
    04-26-16 06:46 PM
    There did not officially fix anything because they did not officially recognize any issues.
    I'm still convinced that there was a bad batch of Passport SEs with hardware issues that cause random restarts.

I went through 2-3 Passport SE devices before calling it quits and getting an original Passport. Keep in mind that I was extremely skeptical about the issues that other users reported since I have not had any issues with new electronics before in the past.
    04-27-16 12:39 AM

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    04-27-16 08:44 AM