Hi,

I am using a Blackberry passport. the "r" key of my phone stopped working months ago. I was somehow managing but a few days ago my phone's password screen showed that wrong password was entered more 5 times. Now, the device wants me to enter "blackberry" to proceed with the password but since my "r" key is not working, I can't unlock the phone.

1. Is there a way to extract data remotely.
    2. any way to remotely open the phone.
    3. lastly, any way to reset the phone remotely (as a last resort)

I have bought a new Galaxy S7 edge now and after all the troubles this phone has given me, I just want to get rid of it. I just need my data back.
    10-11-16 02:34 AM
    This method is only available on BlackBerry smartphone models with a QWERTY keyboard. Do not attempt to perform a soft reset on BlackBerry smartphones that are equipped with SureType technology or the SurePress touch screen, such as the BlackBerry Pearl Series, BlackBerry Pearl Flip Series, and BlackBerry Storm smartphone.

Press and hold the Alt key.
    While holding down the Alt key, press and hold the right Shift key.
    While holding down the Alt key and right Shift key, press the Backspace/Delete key.
    The display on the BlackBerry smartphone will turn off to indicate that the reset has started. The keys can now be released.

Note: The Alt key, right Shift key, and Backspace/Delete keys are not displayed the same on some BlackBerry smartphones, however, the location of these keys does not change.
    10-11-16 02:50 AM
    This method is only available on BlackBerry smartphone models with a QWERTY keyboard. Do not attempt to perform a soft reset on BlackBerry smartphones that are equipped with SureType technology or the SurePress touch screen, such as the BlackBerry Pearl Series, BlackBerry Pearl Flip Series, and BlackBerry Storm smartphone.

While holding down the Alt key and right Shift key, press the Backspace/Delete key.
    The display on the BlackBerry smartphone will turn off to indicate that the reset has started. The keys can now be released.

Note: The Alt key, right Shift key, and Backspace/Delete keys are not displayed the same on some BlackBerry smartphones, however, the location of these keys does not change.
    But the OP has a Passport & it has no ALT key...no?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-11-16 05:33 PM

That seems like instructions for legacy BBOS...
    10-11-16 05:46 PM
    Did you setup blend? You can access the passport that way from your desktop.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-11-16 07:04 PM
    Hmmm..Quit Interesting,

First of all downlad and open on your computer BlackBerry Link BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - Global. You can get it from here BlackBerry Link.
    Then switch off your device by using the Power button.Hard Reset BLACKBERRY Passport
    Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
    At the side of the BlackBerry Link window, click your device.
    Afterwards click BackUp & Restore and select Factory Reset.
    Success! The factory reset is done.
    10-12-16 07:49 AM
    Reboot: With your BlackBerry powered ON, using the side edge volume keys, press and hold down both of the Up and Down volume keys for about 20 seconds, ignoring the initial screenshot message... the screen will go black and reboot.
    10-12-16 07:53 AM