Hi, I do not want to write my life story in here, so I will come straight to the point. My Blackberry Passport`s qwerty keyboard has uneven "whiteness" on its keyboard buttons (I am talking about the time when it is dark in the room and the keyboard lights up), from letter Q being white and bright to letters U or I, where the color is grey. I exchanged the first device for new one, and the second one I received had the same issue... I sent that device to repair, it arrived today and still has the same issue. i am beginning to wonder that maybe all Passport models have "uneven" brightness and that I should just get used to it? I have been using Blackberry Q10 for the last 3x years and all keyboard buttons are bright and evenly white. I dont understand if this is how it should be, or am I just extremely unlucky?
    11-14-16 12:38 PM
    Please get the device checked . This is unusual.
    11-14-16 12:42 PM
    Thank you... I am hesitant whether I should email Blackberry again, as it seem as I am just being picky.... But this phone does not come cheap and should be in perfect condition!
    11-14-16 01:06 PM
    I had seen this Issue on my Red Passport, I guess it was just a minor issue so I had Ignores. However my OG and SE don't have this issue.

BlackBerry Passport the productive workhorse.
    11-15-16 04:08 PM
    I dealt with many passport and this is fairly common issue with passport. I do not know warranty will cover that though.
    11-15-16 06:00 PM
    I have the same case with my BlackBerry Passport, the Original one. The keys on the middle part of the keyboard is not that bright like the rest of the keys. RTYU FGHJVB are dimmer than the rest of the keys. I just noticed this now, bummer.

Or would u know if an onscreen keyboard is available for the Passport? That would be very awesome.

By the way what is a BlackBerry Passport OG? What's an OG?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 10:36 AM
    OG is original passport. Silver edition and at&t version are different dimensions.
    ahhhlain likes this.
    11-16-16 11:20 AM
    I have the same case with my BlackBerry Passport, the Original one.

Posted via CB10
    The answer is in your first sentence.

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire and ahhhlain like this.
    11-16-16 11:21 AM
    I have had uneven backlighting on almost all my BB devices EXCEPT for the Passport. The worst offenders were the Torch 9810 and Classic. They need to provide a utility or setting to adjust the level of backlighting.
    Last edited by andy957; 11-19-16 at 09:17 PM.
    11-16-16 11:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's some unknown name. BlackBerry only released two models, the Passport and the Passport SE. There's no version called OG.
    Last edited by andy957; 11-25-16 at 09:47 AM.
    11-25-16 09:36 AM
    The keys on the middle part of the keyboard is not that bright like the rest of the keys. RTYU FGHJVB are dimmer than the rest of the keys. I just noticed this now, bummer.
    Mine are the same on a PP SE, but it's not consistent; most of the time the lighting is even across the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 08:06 PM