Hi guys been on Android for the last 4 years but with the arrival of the Passport I'm looking to give BB another try but need to confirm what languages it supports. Specifically I need it to support both system language and keyboard input of:

1. Chinese
    2. Japanese
    3. Korean
    4. Russian

Can someone confirm this and get me back to the dark side? Thanks!
    09-26-14 05:34 AM
    Russian and Chinese I'm pretty sure. As for Korean and Japanese, I know it supports it, but don't about kb input. Unless with 10.3 they have added it.

Anyone here know?
    10-01-14 09:35 AM
    Japanese is available as input because I use it on Q10.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-01-14 10:22 AM
    II ARROWS, do you find that Japanese input on 10.3 has improved over 10.2?
    10-11-14 11:55 PM
    II ARROWS, do you find that Japanese input on 10.3 has improved over 10.2?
    What did you find lacking on the Japanese keyboard in 10.2? I think it's prediction model works very well

? Sent from my Commodore 64
    10-12-14 12:43 AM
    Compared with BBOS 7, I experienced issues with bringing up candidate kanji used in names, especially those that had no kun-yomi, or were not used in compounds. The only work around was to copy and paste the characters from somewhere else.
    I also found that to get some kanji, whether individual or compounds, I had to type a non-standard romanization for some hiragana.
    Other times some kanji that were brought up were nowhere near the reading I had input, but made sense if the system used for determining mistypes in English was active during Japanesr input.

Was just wondering if that part of the input method had been tweaked to make it more like BBOS 7.
    10-12-14 01:51 AM
    These are some of the language choices available. Hope it can help you. However in 10.2.1 you can only choose up to 3 languages at 1 time.
    Quick language question...-language1.png
    Quick language question...-language2.png

Posted via CB10
    Globetrotter99 likes this.
    10-12-14 03:16 AM
    Compared with BBOS 7, I experienced issues with bringing up candidate kanji used in names, especially those that had no kun-yomi, or were not used in compounds. The only work around was to copy and paste the characters from somewhere else.
    I also found that to get some kanji, whether individual or compounds, I had to type a non-standard romanization for some hiragana.
    Other times some kanji that were brought up were nowhere near the reading I had input, but made sense if the system used for determining mistypes in English was active during Japanesr input.

Was just wondering if that part of the input method had been tweaked to make it more like BBOS 7.
    Got ya. In that case. No improvement over 10.2

? Sent from my Commodore 64
    10-12-14 04:23 PM
    Thank you all for the replies. Shame about only having up to 3 input languages at a time but good enough for now... Looking forward to coming back!
    10-12-14 05:54 PM
    I didn't have the opportunity to write in japanese yet...
    But I think it's easier to select kanjis now.
    10-12-14 06:22 PM
    From my experience, in English, Japanese and Chinese, with the odd French and a little Korean, I find overall, 10.2, and hopefully 10.3 soon on the Z and Q, better than in BBOS.

While there are, at times, interesting suggestions for my more technical characters, as I am in finance, I find the OS remembers after a couple of uses and then includes in a suggestion. However, I think my most frustrating part of the input is when I don't want to accept a suggestion, and do something "different". There are times when it won't let me input what I want. And then the need for cut and paste becomes necessary.

ALSO, one question for everyone . . . Why can I use the screen, and write with my finger in Chinese, but can not do the same in Japanese? I would love the same feature!
    11-23-14 11:03 PM