As we all know that at current stage, the best smartwatch to pair with BlackBerry 10 is pebble series. However, something comes to my mind that since we have abilities to access android apps through various channels such as snap or amazon, can we pair up smart watches ie: Sony, Moto360, or LG with android apps working on the passport? Any input is appreciated.

BlackBerry Passport
    12-18-14 07:02 AM
    I wait for user experiences also.
    12-18-14 07:07 AM
    It's really about app compatibility to control the features of the smart watch and has to be compatible with BlackBerry os10.

I personally chose the PEBBLE STEEL as I like the look and design. I've installed talk to watch pro to control the notifications and I use the pebble app to do the other stuff like download faces.

I've used the pebble steel now for about a month and am totally happy with the watch. The battery life for me is around 5 days. The only issue is no caller id and I believe in the upcoming updates with 10.3 will correct this.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 321579
    12-18-14 09:05 AM
    App called :callerwatch takes care of the caller ID. Works with T2W pro. Free and runs in background.

I have both the Pebble and Pebble Steel. Used on Z10 and now Passport. Works great,and other apps. Available to do other controls.

I get about 5 days too. Just installed an app that allows me to control my Phillip hue lamps from my watch!

Passport on ATT
    Jmccoy555 likes this.
    12-18-14 02:30 PM
    I tried the Moto360, but androidwear doesn't work on BB10 and there is no app yet that can communicate with androidwear watches. I have now a Pebble Steel with the steel bracelet (stainless steel) and I'm happy with it, it is actually better than I expected and looks great.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on AT&T
    12-18-14 02:39 PM
    I have a Sony SW2 i was using with my Samsung Note 2. It will pair with the Passport but will not talk to it. So basically useless.
    12-18-14 09:59 PM
    What makes them stop working? Communication protocols between bluetooth or those watches rely on Google services?

BlackBerry Passport
    12-19-14 04:06 AM
    What makes them stop working? Communication protocols between bluetooth or those watches rely on Google services?

BlackBerry Passport
    Your second guess is the most close answer : Google services and its related apps, Google Now, gmail, Google maps, etc.

With my Passport
    12-19-14 06:43 AM
    Google services. I have some other applications that don't work either due to the Google services or lack of.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 06:56 AM
    Thanks folks, I guess I will hold off for now and wait for BlackBerry to release their smart watch. My honest opinion, the current available smart watches are not worth the money due to their limited features, and giving notifications on the wrist is sort of unnecessary. Unless there are ground breaking features to offer, or else it's not a must have device.

BlackBerry Passport
    12-20-14 08:14 AM
    App called :callerwatch takes care of the caller ID. Works with T2W pro. Free and runs in background.

I have both the Pebble and Pebble Steel. Used on Z10 and now Passport. Works great,and other apps. Available to do other controls.

I get about 5 days too. Just installed an app that allows me to control my Phillip hue lamps from my watch!

Passport on ATT
    Ok downloaded pebble dialer and companion app! Now what? Does it have to open as an active tile for the caller id function to work!?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 12-20-14 at 10:14 AM.
    12-20-14 09:56 AM
    leave T2W running, and connected to Pebble when using it. CallerWatch app is defaulted to run in background, so dont need to keep the app open. simple as that.oh, just looked at that CallerWatch app ( i leave it running all the time) it does have just a simple ..'turn on' to send phone number to Pebble.
    12-20-14 02:56 PM