I'm buying a used AT&T model BlackBerry Passport (SQW100-3). I assume that if I unlock and use the Passport on another carrier, I won't be able to receive OTA OS updates. If this is the case, would I be able to immediately flash the current ROM/firmware for the unlocked model (SQW100-1) and just update that accordingly as needed? Or can I only use ROMs that are specific to the SQW100-3 model and only when they're made available online (since I won't get the updates OTA)?
    08-05-15 02:02 PM
    All the autoloaders (thus far) are the same anyway as long as you use one specifically for Passport. You'll always be able to install or update an OS through an autoloader or Sachesi.
    08-05-15 02:04 PM
    The last time I tried that blaze, I got an error during a sachesi install about being the wrong version. I think sachesi or the updates see's the at&t version different than a "normal" passport. I forgot the numbering differences, but the normal passport and at&t are different. I have no problem with autoloaders, just the update through sachesi.
    08-05-15 02:46 PM
    All the autoloaders (thus far) are the same anyway as long as you use one specifically for Passport. You'll always be able to install or update an OS through an autoloader or Sachesi.
    Interesting, so I can always stay on the "update track" of the unlocked SQW100-1 model Passport? I imagine it's not a good idea to go back and forth between the two different model OSes.

Also, the latest version of the unlocked model is 10.3.2.2226, while the AT&T model is 10.3.2.556. Does that mean that the AT&T model is further in updates than the unlocked, or that they just use different version numbers?
    08-05-15 04:55 PM
    Interesting, so I can always stay on the "update track" of the unlocked SQW100-1 model Passport? I imagine it's not a good idea to go back and forth between the two different model OSes.

Also, the latest version of the unlocked model is 10.3.2.2226, while the AT&T model is 10.3.2.556. Does that mean that the AT&T model is further in updates than the unlocked, or that they just use different version numbers?
    You can follow updates for whichever Passport version you want when using autoloaders.

As for AT&T and Unlocked being higher. Unlocked versions will generally, always be ahead of carriers but depending on the OS, there's a good chance it has all the same things. It has to be looked at on OS by OS basis, there's no standard answer there really. BlackBerry is essentially maintaining two or more branches of the OS for the variations.
    08-05-15 05:01 PM