Hey everyone,

Long time poster in the Q10 forum, relatively new to the Passport one.. I'm looking into getting a red Passport . I originally had a black one when they released in September 2014, but never got used to the keyboard.

I'm looking at the red one more and more because red is my favorite color, I need something more powerful than the Q10 & it doesn't look like BlackBerry is coming out with a better PKB phone anytime soon..

Something that always annoyed me originally was the 4th virtual row on the Passport that was always there when typing a meeting. The row with period, symbol, etc.

I was wondering if it is possible to turn off that row and just swipe down on the key board to get alternate characters.. this means that that forth row will not come up.

Any advice?? Thanks in advance!!

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone
    06-29-15 05:20 PM
    No. Because you don't be able to type quickly enough, since all major punctuation is there.

You can still slide down for all the other symbols and such though.

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-29-15 05:46 PM
    No way to remove it.
    I have to admit this is a strange complaint. You realize there's more to that row that just a couple of punctuation keys?
    Permanent symbol, shift key, voice dictation and language change keys are there as well. It would be impossible to type coherently without it.
    06-29-15 07:08 PM
    No way to remove it.
    I have to admit this is a strange complaint. You realize there's more to that row that just a couple of punctuation keys?
    Permanent symbol, shift key, voice dictation and language change keys are there as well. It would be impossible to type coherently without it.
    I understand that aspect & don't get me wrong, when I had the phone, I did use it... I just never got used to the fact that all of the things were jumbled up from the placement on the Q10 to the Passport. It was ridiculous considering the fact that they took away the physical row, but just made a permanent one on screen.. what was the point? To say they shoved a 4.5" screen in there?

I don't want to look above my keyboard for keys when typing, let alone reach up instead of down..

Looks like I'm waiting for a new BlackBerry. An upgrade to the Q10, which knocks off the Classic & a more efficient keyboard, knocking off the Passport from possible BlackBerry list.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone
    06-29-15 07:23 PM
    Oh I just realized you had one. Odd, I guess you want a full keyboard! The classic is nice though
    Arjun Sahota likes this.
    06-29-15 07:32 PM