So, if I were to get a custom BBM PIN how would that work with multiple devices? Obviously, they all have their own PIN but are logged into the same BBID. I was just in BBM and pulled up the custom PIN ad and thought about how that would work if I were to switch the SIM to say the Z30. Would the PIN follow under the same BBID? Would that even be possible to have multiple devices with the same PIN? Hmmm??? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 12:16 AM
    No cust pin for bbers

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 12:41 AM
    So, if I were to get a custom BBM PIN how would that work with multiple devices? Obviously, they all have their own PIN but are logged into the same BBID. I was just in BBM and pulled up the custom PIN ad and thought about how that would work if I were to switch the SIM to say the Z30. Would the PIN follow under the same BBID? Would that even be possible to have multiple devices with the same PIN? Hmmm??? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Posted via CB10
    I believe the custom pin is device specific, but if you do change your device, ie upgrade, then yes, you can move your pin to that device. It's impractical if you run two devices and regularly switch between them.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    03-21-15 02:43 AM
    The custom PIN follows your BlackBerry ID, not the device PIN. To me this is great for anyone who does switch devices. If I switch my BB ID from my Passport to my Z30, Z10 or iPhone, I can give someone my custom PIN and they would be able to add/invite me, regardless of which device I'm using.

BUT, the custom PIN is tied to one specific BlackBerry ID. It cannot be connected to more than one device at a time.
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    03-21-15 08:16 AM
    The custom PIN follows your BlackBerry ID, not the device PIN. To me this is great for anyone who does switch devices. If I switch my BB ID from my Passport to my Z30, Z10 or iPhone, I can give someone my custom PIN and they would be able to add/invite me, regardless of which device I'm using.

BUT, the custom PIN is tied to one specific BlackBerry ID. It cannot be connected to more than one device at a time.
    This, but I want to echo saying that you can only use your BlackBerry ID on one device at a time. When you switch devices it wipes ur BlackBerry ID from the other device. So a custom PIN would be great

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 09:35 AM

Thanks! That seems to make sense. Figured it had to be attached to BBID rather than device.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 11:08 PM
    This, but I want to echo saying that you can only use your BlackBerry ID on one device at a time. When you switch devices it wipes ur BlackBerry ID from the other device. So a custom PIN would be great

Posted via CB10
    I know you can't run BBM on multiple devices with the same BBID, but I have multiple BB10s all running with the same BBID. Maybe you are specifically referring to the BBM app?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 11:09 PM
    Just to clarify, I know that I can't run BBM on my Passport and Z30 at the same time even though both devices are running on my BBID.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 11:12 PM
    No cust pin for bbers

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what you mean? All I have are BlackBerrys and I haven't yet, but the option to subscribe for a custom PIN is there.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 11:15 PM
    I know you can't run BBM on multiple devices with the same BBID, but I have multiple BB10s all running with the same BBID. Maybe you are specifically referring to the BBM app?

Posted via CB10
    Yup that's what I meant

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 06:54 PM
    How much is the custom PIN subscription?
    03-22-15 07:43 PM
    How much is the custom PIN subscription?
    $1.99 per month.
    rambo47 likes this.
    03-22-15 07:55 PM
    Seems a bit steep for a PIN you may lose if you don't pony up each month. I'd pay to get rid of those damn stickers in the marketplace though!
    03-22-15 08:02 PM
    $2 a month is a cup of coffee -- unless you buy a large coffee. It works for me.
    03-22-15 08:12 PM
    $2 a month is a cup of coffee -- unless you buy a large coffee. It works for me.
    $24/year really is nothing. I just hate the idea of a subscription. I'd rather pay more and own it. Rational? Perhaps not. But that's just me.
    03-22-15 09:18 PM
    I would have preferred a one-time purchase as well, but this is OK.
    03-22-15 10:01 PM
    I really hope that BBM allows you to seamlessly use it on more devices than it does currently. I know that we have the option for Blend and it works great but what about an iPhone or Android user that wants to use it on more than one device?
    And, really, I just wish that I could use it on multiple devices without having to worry about it wiping my chats and starting over every time. I'm sure this has something to do with 'security' but why not a secure sign in option then? If we are paying for a 'subscription' now then let's get on with the new and improved features!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-22-15 10:11 PM