1) I would like to now if the passport suffers from the same problem the Q10 suffers: double typing issue and the battery (when you knock it a bit it turns off phone... known issue I've had 2 Q10 and both had that problem...)

2) Is there anything the Q10 can do that the passport can't? (apps android or native or bbw, browser... anything basically)

Thank you!
    01-22-15 05:22 PM
    1. Not yet and no
    2. No, except fit in a smaller area

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 05:27 PM
    if u love the form factor and ease of use of the traditional bb layout and size, q10 is the best there is right now. passport is snappy, big, and bright, but you conceded in the ability to type easily, quickly with no fuss one hand two hand whatever hand.

if not for q10s double typing and battery reset issue, it'd be a no brainer for me. i recently returned my new passport in exchange for a new q10.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    01-22-15 05:27 PM
    I had a Q and replaced the keyboard myself and hadn't had any issue with double typing since and never experienced the battery reset issue....but I was intrigued by the Passport so took a chance and ordered one. I could never go back to the Q (for as much as I used to love that phone) it's just so small and honestly so slow compared to the Passport. Apps load so much faster, the browser feels way faster (although I haven't done any formal tests), boot time is faster...everything just feels snappier I guess. That and once I adjusted to the Passport's keyboard I honestly type just as quick on it as I used to on the Q, although I can't really type one handed now but that's a small tradeoff I think when compared to all the other benefits of the Passport.

Hope that helps!

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 05:33 PM
    For me size is a factor as is the ability to type with one hand. After multiple double-typing repairs (many), I switched to the Classic.

And........

I am happy to report that it is the most pleasant switch that I've ever made.
    The Classic is everything the Q10 should have been.

Posted Via ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.1.1154 CB10
    01-22-15 05:46 PM
    1) I would like to now if the passport suffers from the same problem the Q10 suffers: double typing issue and the battery (when you knock it a bit it turns off phone... known issue I've had 2 Q10 and both had that problem...)

2) Is there anything the Q10 can do that the passport can't? (apps android or native or bbw, browser... anything basically)

Thank you!
    This is my fist time hearing about that.
    01-22-15 05:53 PM
    This is my fist time hearing about that.
    There are 2 known problems.

1) The battery is loose so if you like knock it on the table it will reset (doesnt even need to be hard). On both my Q10 I had to shred a business card and put the pieces between the case and the battery so it would be completely stuck.

2) Battery shutting down when battery is low: I heard it happens when you use a cheap charger you might **** up the wires or battery or something.... didnt quite get it... but I in fact did use a cheap charger for awhile because I had forgotten mine at home and I was on a trip... problem started right after
    01-22-15 05:57 PM
    I did the switch from Q10 to Passport.

The first few weeks I had to adapt to the new keyboard, after that there is absolutely no turning back !

The passport is a Q10 on steroids, whatever you do. It's just better, apps run better, browsing is better, and the phone runs better! And to be honest, after a few months having it, the keyboard layout is better too!! It makes so much sense to have a smaller and wider keyboard, and it feels great!

It's bigger, 2 hands use is required most of the time when typing, and it won't fit in your pants as easy as the Q10, keep that in mind.

The passport grows on you, I could never go back to any smaller screen now. It's a bit like carrying a small laptop with you, USB OTG, torrent downloads, Slimport to HDMI, i'm really using it to its potential.

Double typing is a thing of the past, it was hardware related, not software.
    Battery life is very good. I use it quite intensively, with the tons of apps installed, both natives and androids and I never ran out of battery in 1 day.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 05:59 PM
    well okay im convinced... get the passport asap
    01-22-15 06:01 PM

Thank you!
    No issues with the Passport you just have to answer one question.
    1. Do you currently do a lot of one handed typing on your Q10?
    ANSWER : 1. Yes. than no the Passport won't work for you
    2. No than the Passport is the phone for you.

Posting WIDE with CB10 on the Blackberry Passport
    01-22-15 06:15 PM
    I did make the switch from the Q10 to the Passport a few days ago so I'm pretty new with the PP.

I made the switch because I notice that the Q10 has a really small screen (like really small - because I like to read) and whenever I use the Q10 to type, I use both hands anyway ( even with touch screen devices, I type with both hands) so I figure that there will be no problem.

Before that, I thought that I would wait until BB release another generation of device because I really like the form of the Classic (but doesn't see the point to switch to a device with the same specs and I don't really see the point of the trackpad with a touchscreen - yes, I'm no used to BB Legacy device). However, I was so tempted I went and check it out. The thing that sold it for me is the screen, absurdly beautiful.
    01-22-15 06:59 PM
    I went from a Z10 to a Q1Q (just missed that old tappy-tap-tap) and then about 2 months ago I switched to the Passport.

I experienced the "knocking the battery loose" issue on both the Z and the Q, and employed the same solution as a previous poster with regards to sticking a piece of card behind the battery door to prevent this.

I loved my Q10. Totally loved it. But within a few days of using the Passport, I was head over heels. Truly an amazing device!
    However...
    I've had issues.
    Within a few days, I had to switch off vibrate all together. It seems that the mechanism has come loose, so it now sounds like a high pitched scream every time it vibrates.
    I am also suddenly experiencing serious battery drain. I'm charging 4 (yes, 4) times a day!!!
    This was after using it for 2 days at a time without even thinking about putting it on charge.

All of this has lead me to do two things:
    1) I am returning the phone (for a repair/new phone. I don't want it gone altogether)
    2) I just used my glorious Passport to order a glorious Classic from Amazon

What can I say, I love BlackBerry and I love having more than one option.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 07:45 PM
    1). No double typing.
    2). Some Q10 apps aren't optimized for the Passport's screen.

I switched from a Q10 (which I loved and kept as a spare) to the Passport. I'm very happy with the Passport.

Blackberry Passport SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.908
    01-22-15 09:15 PM
    Had a q. The passport blows the doors off of it.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 09:17 PM