I've had my Passport nearly a month now and just today found out that a number of contacts have somehow been incorrectly imported during the initial device switch I did via Link...very annoying...

The bug is as follows - the contact's 'last name' field is empty, instead the last name has been moved to the 'first name' field AND the last name has been cropped and misses the last few letters...

It's random but throughout all my contacts.
    I don't have contacts sync'd to the email accounts I use i.e. all my contacts are local contacts (which I guess should have made things even easier during the device switch)

Anyone else with the same glitch?
    As I have had various contact edits already what could be the best try at fixing this?Can I take my Q10 contacts and import them to the passport? Thanks for any tips!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 03:01 AM
    I guess what you could do, get Contact backup app like contact X (many others in BBW).
    Backup your Q contacts to an sd card, then put that sd card into your Passport and restore.

You can also use Ulimate Backup which actually allows you to email a copy of the backup. You could restore it that way as well
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-21-15 12:35 PM
    I've had my Passport nearly a month now and just today found out that a number of contacts have somehow been incorrectly imported during the initial device switch I did via Link...very annoying...

The bug is as follows - the contact's 'last name' field is empty, instead the last name has been moved to the 'first name' field AND the last name has been cropped and misses the last few letters...

It's random but throughout all my contacts.
    I don't have contacts sync'd to the email accounts I use i.e. all my contacts are local contacts (which I guess should have made things even easier during the device switch)

Anyone else with the same glitch?
    As I have had various contact edits already what could be the best try at fixing this?Can I take my Q10 contacts and import them to the passport? Thanks for any tips!

Posted via CB10
    If it's only contacts use device switch app on both devices and move over contacts only
    01-21-15 10:14 PM
    Thanks guys! Will give a try with Link (device switch) first and if no good with an app from BBW

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 02:37 PM