08-25-16 04:37 PM
38 12
tools
    I want BlackBerry with the best keyboard keyboard. Q10 or Passport

Is there a big performance difference? If yes explain...

I like small devices is q10 screen to small. And is passport huge?

Also I have enough money to buy the q10. Should I wait a year to to make more money and then buy the passport??

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 09:14 AM
    Big difference in the hardware of these two devcies... Passport is two year newer and it shows.
    Big difference in the keyboard of these two devices...

If the size isn't a problem the Passport is by far the better phone.

Waiting.... If you are looking to buy new, not sure what will be available a year from now. But then a year from now not sure you'd still want a Passport.
    07-13-16 09:22 AM
    Passport just use ur common sense haha look at the specs. Q10 is lag as hell

Posted via CB10
    Joey Hutchison likes this.
    07-13-16 09:25 AM
    Passport for sure

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 09:47 AM
    OK .. thanks to everyone !! Maybe they il.buy mercury! I heard they will release a bb10 device in 1 or 2 years.. because I really love bb10 but no new hardware.. so mercury is my choice..... if there will be a new bb10 phone I'm in

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 10:06 AM
    OK .. thanks to everyone !! Maybe they il.buy mercury! I heard they will release a bb10 device in 1 or 2 years.. because I really love bb10 but no new hardware.. so mercury is my choice..... if there will be a new bb10 phone I'm in

Posted via CB10
    for now its just an opinion and they're just bluffing lets see

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 10:15 AM
    Yup!!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 10:20 AM
    BlackBerry Z10, Q10 and Classic all have the same internal specs.

Z30 and Leap have slightly improved processor

Passport is on steroids.

The keyboard of the Classic is probably the best overall. Q10 is great, especially if coming from Bold 9900. The Passport keyboard is definitely a learning curve, but having the touch sensitivity for swiping words, deleting and screen scrolling. Eventually, the Passport keyboard grows on you and could become a game changer in how you use the device.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 10:34 AM
    No brainer Passport!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 10:47 AM
    Definitely get the Passport if choosing between it and the Q10.
    07-13-16 11:11 AM
    Yes the Passport is huge and awesome.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 02:26 PM
    Normally it's classic or passport, but these days it's priv or passport. Cute10 never stood a chance.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 03:25 PM
    I've had them both. Sold the Q10, now on Passport.

The Passport is by far the superior phone spec wise. It's Quad Core, more memory, larger SD card potential, larger screen and the most awesome TOUCH SENSITIVE Keyboard that is really addictive once you get used to it.

However, the Passport is a BIG phone. To me, it's a Phablet. You need 2 hands to operate it unless you are a Gorilla. The Q10 can be a 1 handed device. But most Keyboards are used 2 handed, so I don't see this as a huge deal. However, keep in mind that if you are going to stuff a Passport in your jeans pocket, it's pretty big for that.

Yet, I prefer the larger Keyboard, the larger Screen and the build of the Passport. It's definitely the BB10 Flagship.

Good luck with your decision.
    07-13-16 04:10 PM
    I had them both, passport hands down. The speed difference and battery life alone are worth it. It's not that big either.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 04:32 PM
    Can the OP live with a big phablet? First question is whether he is fine with typing with both hands all the time. If so, then Passport's the one. For one-handed use and the plus of having the toolbelt, then pick the Classic. I swapped my Z30 for a new Q10 because I wanted a PKB BB10 device w/easily swappable batteries as a backup, especially in 2-3 years if BB10 dies. I suggest the Passport coupled with the Classic as a backup or change-of-pace or second device. My big problem with the Q10 is finding myself swiping up and clicking tiny x's too often due to a lack of toolbelt.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    07-13-16 06:03 PM
    Thanks to everyone who helped me out.. I'm 13... and iv been a BlackBerry fan since 10.... first BlackBerry was PlayBook!! Love it.

Currently using a z10... so the struggle is real haha. Still a great device. I love BlackBerry assistance and hub. I always thought the passport was great. Thanks to all!!! So next BlackBerry for me is mercury or Passport. And don't worry I want a physical keyboard... I like to show of how BlackBerry is great to my friends at school !! Thanks again!!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 06:33 PM
    @Joeyhutchison
    Passport for sure. My first BBWAS Bold 9900 - then I got the Q10 and no magic no chemistry - flat out didn't like it - love my Bold still. Passport is the workhorse triple crown thoroughbred winner!!!!
    Love my passport - still have the Bold as backup...

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 06:39 PM
    Passport SE, I absolutely love my phone!! Only thing I hate is the incredibly lacking of apps but if you use Blackberry then this is no news for you

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 07:06 PM
    Yeah.. I feel proud not to be possessed by Pokemon Go! Lack of app doesn't bother me. It just means, you should go outside. Also I don't have to be addicted to clash Royale... so lack of apps I don't mind. I just really love the os. BB10 and PB os. I hope blackberry keeps bb10...

I'm scared passport will be outdated in 2017... but snapdragon 801 looks KickAss. So passport here I come !!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 07:11 PM
    I got my Passport SE like 3 or 4 months ago. I could have gone with the Priv since by that time it already had a decent price, and I was considering it, but no. Only reason I went for Passport is the gorgeous OS. There's absolutely nothing better than BB10. Now this is actual multitasking!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 07:17 PM
    But I agree about the outdated part. I'm also scared about that. In my country the main and ONLY messaging app is Whatsapp, and that exact app will no longer work on my phone as we already know. Facebook already left but I'm okay using the website since I always hated the app. However Whatsapp is a concern for me since I talk with hundreds of people there, and it's my main portal for business too. Usually I hate having two phones, but since I love my SE so much I'm considering getting an iPhone as a secondary phone and keep using my Passport. I could just use the iPhone, but that's how much I love my Passport. It's just so gorgeous in every way. Lmao I sound like a fanboy!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 07:23 PM
    You can just download android version.. I heard nemory studio ( I think that's the name) will make a client for whatsapp. So you should be safe.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 07:36 PM
    This last weekend, I had a pretty hard schedule of outdoor, sweaty, long days. Even though I have a ballistic case for my Passport, I just couldn't subject my pride and joy to that kind of abuse, so I popped out the Nano Sim, got the SimDevil Nano to Micro adapter, and popped the sim back into my Q5. Ugh. Horrible. I used to LOVE the Q5 and the Q10.... BEFORE I got a Passport.

It's like driving around in a Kia. Not a bad car. Gets you from point A to point B and has a radio, AC and the ride seems good. Heck, even the horsepower seems OK for what it is. Then somebody loans you a Mercedes S500 and your world changes. At first you think, "Do I really like this car? It's big, bold, leather, and too many bells and whistles. And it's got more horsepower than I will ever need." So after a while you go back to your Kia and you realize that you can't drive a Kia any longer. You've become acclimated to the Benz, and now your taste has radically changed.

Same thing for me on the Q vs the Passport. I hated using the Q5 for the weekend. Tiny screen (compared to Passport), and the processor is SOOOO SLOOOWWW. I never was a fan of Dual Core even back in 2014, given that Quad Core was already entrenched, regardless of how THIN the OS was running. After experiencing the Quad Core Horsepower of the Passport, and the enhanced screen, memory and SD card power of the Passport, I hated the Dual Core Q5. I could not wait to get back to the Passport.

If I absolutely HAD to, yea, I could go back to a Q5 or a Q10. I used to like them. But after using a Passport, no. I don't want to.
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    07-17-16 04:57 PM
    This last weekend, I had a pretty hard schedule of outdoor, sweaty, long days. Even though I have a ballistic case for my Passport, I just couldn't subject my pride and joy to that kind of abuse, so I popped out the Nano Sim, got the SimDevil Nano to Micro adapter, and popped the sim back into my Q5. Ugh. Horrible. I used to LOVE the Q5 and the Q10.... BEFORE I got a Passport.

It's like driving around in a Kia. Not a bad car. Gets you from point A to point B and has a radio, AC and the ride seems good. Heck, even the horsepower seems OK for what it is. Then somebody loans you a Mercedes S500 and your world changes. At first you think, "Do I really like this car? It's big, bold, leather, and too many bells and whistles. And it's got more horsepower than I will ever need." So after a while you go back to your Kia and you realize that you can't drive a Kia any longer. You've become acclimated to the Benz, and now your taste has radically changed.

Same thing for me on the Q vs the Passport. I hated using the Q5 for the weekend. Tiny screen (compared to Passport), and the processor is SOOOO SLOOOWWW. I never was a fan of Dual Core even back in 2014, given that Quad Core was already entrenched, regardless of how THIN the OS was running. After experiencing the Quad Core Horsepower of the Passport, and the enhanced screen, memory and SD card power of the Passport, I hated the Dual Core Q5. I could not wait to get back to the Passport.

If I absolutely HAD to, yea, I could go back to a Q5 or a Q10. I used to like them. But after using a Passport, no. I don't want to.
    Then I got a PRIV, allowed myself to acclimate to it for week or so, (It's more similar to BB10 than other Android phones), and realized my Passport has been turned off ever since.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-17-16 06:33 PM
    Then I got a PRIV, allowed myself to acclimate to it for week or so, (It's more similar to BB10 than other Android phones), and realized my Passport has been turned off ever since.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Yep. That will be my next step. But probably not the Priv. I'm hanging on to the Passport for at least another year. Then jumping to a DroidBerry. By then they'll have the new model(s) out.

I like Android. I use a Chromebook and love it. I have a Droid running KitKat as my spare phone and find it fabulous for what it is. I just prefer my Passport for the time being.
    07-17-16 06:47 PM
38 12