Hi Everyone,

After having the Q10 since 2017, I decided to treat myself this Christmas and bought a used, good condition KeyOne Black Edition. The KeyOne is nice, and nice to see there is at least an option for a newer blackberry, however I have decided to go back to my Q10 and try a lesser upgrade. The android experience was so-so and physically I found the phone too top heavy, not as easy to grip, due to it being thinner I guess, and finally the faint lines across the screen started to develop yesterday. I may hold on to it for awhile and try again though. I just wish I liked it more, or could be talked into it lol.

Instead, I'm questioning if a Passport is still a good upgrade for someone with a Q10. I really only use my phone for texts, emails, the rare browsing and even more rare, phone call. The thing that concerns me is the price as used ones are similarly priced to used KeyOne's on ebay. I first decided to go the KeyOne because it had more future-proofing, however after experiencing the phone, it just doesn't seem right for me, at least yet.. I like the Q10's size, shape, layout. I like that it feels durable to the point that I'm not afraid to drop it or need a monster case for it, and the simplicity of use. It just works.

Any suggestions on down/upgrading to th passport, or even the classic? Or maybe even tips to make the KeyOne feel and operate more closely an older blackberry? I've tried some of the tips and tricks offered in other topics, but I guess I haven't found enough.

Thanks
    M
    01-05-20 12:47 AM
    Own few blackberry devices like curve, bold, Q5, passport, priv and KEYone.
    From email perspective and some other, passport is the best. The wide screen is fantastic.
    But from security perspective I really have no idea.

Blackberry Passport
    Last edited by muhammri; 01-05-20 at 09:12 AM.
    01-05-20 02:52 AM
    Hi Everyone,

After having the Q10 since 2017, I decided to treat myself this Christmas and bought a used, good condition KeyOne Black Edition. The KeyOne is nice, and nice to see there is at least an option for a newer blackberry, however I have decided to go back to my Q10 and try a lesser upgrade. The android experience was so-so and physically I found the phone too top heavy, not as easy to grip, due to it being thinner I guess, and finally the faint lines across the screen started to develop yesterday. I may hold on to it for awhile and try again though. I just wish I liked it more, or could be talked into it lol.

Instead, I'm questioning if a Passport is still a good upgrade for someone with a Q10. I really only use my phone for texts, emails, the rare browsing and even more rare, phone call. The thing that concerns me is the price as used ones are similarly priced to used KeyOne's on ebay. I first decided to go the KeyOne because it had more future-proofing, however after experiencing the phone, it just doesn't seem right for me, at least yet.. I like the Q10's size, shape, layout. I like that it feels durable to the point that I'm not afraid to drop it or need a monster case for it, and the simplicity of use. It just works.

Any suggestions on down/upgrading to th passport, or even the classic? Or maybe even tips to make the KeyOne feel and operate more closely an older blackberry? I've tried some of the tips and tricks offered in other topics, but I guess I haven't found enough.

Thanks
    M
    Spec wise, the Passport is an upgrade but for me it doesn’t offset that it has a unique PKB layout which I find maddening.

For me, the Classic and the KEYone are most similar but I find BB10 a serious backwards step over BBAndroid yet I too have relegated both my KEYones to WiFi only status.

Unfortunately, I’m afraid that we’ve reached the end of an era that for me has been almost 20 years.
    01-05-20 09:09 AM
    For me, the PP is an awesome device and I am one of those people who find its PKB simply amazing. I'd gladly upgrade to the PP from Q10. I mean, I have actually upgraded to the Passport from the Classic!
    01-05-20 10:28 AM
    If you're happy with the Q10 performance then by all means upgrade to the Passport. It's the pinnacle of BB10.
    01-05-20 11:03 AM
    For me, the PP is an awesome device and I am one of those people who find its PKB simply amazing. I'd gladly upgrade to the PP from Q10. I mean, I have actually upgraded to the Passport from the Classic!
    I upgraded from Classic to Passport the first time around. I tried using Passport last week and it was for me unfortunately, not the nostalgic experience I wanted saying goodbye to last decade.

The Passport is definitely an upgrade spec wise over Classic but it’s that PKB missing the regular BB layout....
    01-05-20 11:09 AM
    I upgraded from Classic to Passport the first time around. I tried using Passport last week and it was for me unfortunately, not the nostalgic experience I wanted saying goodbye to last decade.

The Passport is definitely an upgrade spec wise over Classic but it’s that PKB missing the regular BB layout....
    Yes, that's true. But, and this is totally subjective, since I had both devices, I know where my heart is now. True, the Classic had the traditional BB PKB, and perhaps many people would want that over anyhthing else, but the Passport's keyboard was / is on another level really; and again, I am talking only about my preferences.
    01-05-20 11:19 AM
    I really only use my phone for texts, emails, the rare browsing and even more rare, phone call.
    Let's stick to your requirements:

Text - unparalleled typing experience with the beautiful large keyboard;

Emails - neatly organised email correspondence and easy management of multiple email accounts;

Browser - still works, sometimes it may not deliver the full website experience but it would certainly comply with your requirement for basic browsing;

Calls - Unparalleled speakers for a mobile phone, call quality is awesome. As I have previously said here people frequently ask if I am still on the line as noise cancellation is of great quality and calls in general deliver exceptional quality.

Bonus:
    One of the reasons I visit the forum here is to share with others the beautiful photos the phone is capable of here:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...amera-1153992/

It is an outstanding daylight performer and a good compact camera substitute.
    saint300 likes this.
    01-05-20 01:30 PM
    I just got used to the KeyOne for the long haul, but would have preferred a shorter, non-top-heavy design, used to it now.
    01-05-20 08:56 PM
    I went from the Q10 to the passport back in 2016, the Passport is a bit of a change, but I loved it dearly until I finally made the switch to a Key2 in the late fall. My father has the KeyONE (Classic crapped out in 2018) and has a lot of the same complaints as you. The transition to Android is tough, I'm still wringing my hands in frustration all the time. I found a lot of the older threads very helpful and have accepted that things just aren't going to be as straight forward on Android as it was on BB10. These forums and google are what get me through dealing with and adapting to both our phones.

Edited to add: You may like the feeling of it in your hands better with a different case. We both bought the OEM Blackberry cases and loathed them. We now have clear silicone ones from Amazon that cost around $10 each and like the feel a lot more.
    01-06-20 03:48 PM
    I used Q10, classic, passport and Keyone.

If you don't depend deeply on apps, don't suggest Keyone.

Passport is good for reading.

If you hate touching on glasses like me, classic is a right choice.
    01-07-20 11:36 PM