During a phone call, my screen doesnt turn off.

I have even tried covering the unit with my palm but to no avail.

How about you guys?
    10-12-14 06:02 AM
    Try using BBVE?
    10-12-14 06:06 AM
    Mine goes black like it should.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 06:10 AM
    I find this to be a periodic problem as well, all the way back to my z10.

I think the brighter the sun is, the more buggy the sensor gets.

My fix is to hit the lock button manually.

Passport || Fido
    10-12-14 06:24 AM
    I used bbve. All failed!!!

I was like "zomgwtfholyshietcopter"

Rebooted my device and wala, all sensors working as intended.

Now I can sleep happily.
    10-12-14 07:19 AM
    I used bbve. All failed!!!

I was like "zomgwtfholyshietcopter"

Rebooted my device and wala, all sensors working as intended.

Now I can sleep happily.
    Lol. Good for you.
    10-12-14 07:28 AM
    It's barely 2 days on my Passport and neither does the screen light up after a call is over nor does the keyboard light up in pitch dark. Tests revealed an unavailable light and proximity sensor. Damn!!
    10-19-14 02:10 PM
    It's barely 2 days on my Passport and neither does the screen light up after a call is over nor does the keyboard light up in pitch dark. Tests revealed an unavailable light and proximity sensor. Damn!!
    Try to reboot your device.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    10-19-14 02:23 PM
    For whatever it is worth (despite the Tests), try a reboot of the Device by pressing the Up & Down Volume Keys simultaneously. A re-boot fixes some issues - for me, it fixed the Backlight for the Keyboard and got the Compass App to work!!
    10-19-14 02:31 PM
    As advised, I did the reset, however the problem persists , I didn't quite understand how one reboots the Passport using the the Up and Down volume keys. Please explain.
    10-19-14 03:13 PM
    My Passport can't hard reboot using vol up and down.

How you do it if hold the vol up and down until the blue boot square shows up. Then release.

There's a hardware problem with my Passport. If I try to hard reset, it just keeps cycling the reboot screen with the words "blackberry" and doesn't go to the blue square.

I've never experienced a problem like the OP, but I have a serious hardware issue with the ambient light sensor. The device thinks it's in sunny conditions, making the screen ultra bright and keyboard backlight disappearing when I'm in a dark room. It makes the device unusable in the dark!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 03:27 PM
    As advised, I did the reset, however the problem persists , I didn't quite understand how one reboots the Passport using the the Up and Down volume keys. Please explain.
    Press the Up and Down Volume buttons on the right side simultaneously - keep them pressed for about 5-10 seconds - the Device will first take a screenshot and then move to the re-boot mode - when a blue square appears and you will see a blue line begin to move around on the outline of the Square, the re-boot will have commenced and you can release the Volume buttons. The re-boot itself is quite a fast process - just wait till it finishes and you can test whether the issues have been resolved.
    10-19-14 11:04 PM
    My Passport can't hard reboot using vol up and down.

How you do it if hold the vol up and down until the blue boot square shows up. Then release.

There's a hardware problem with my Passport. If I try to hard reset, it just keeps cycling the reboot screen with the words "blackberry" and doesn't go to the blue square.

I've never experienced a problem like the OP, but I have a serious hardware issue with the ambient light sensor. The device thinks it's in sunny conditions, making the screen ultra bright and keyboard backlight disappearing when I'm in a dark room. It makes the device unusable in the dark!

Posted via CB10
    A valid case for an Exchange under Warranty?
    10-19-14 11:05 PM
    I have the same issue with my Passport SE and my Q5.... WARRANTY??? for what?
    03-22-16 04:30 AM
    A good case for an exchange for warranty, indeed. From my experience: if your proximity/light sensors fail every time you pick a call, there is a hardware issue with your Passport. If you have warranty available, by all means, use it. I had to fix the thing the hard way (taking my Passport to a competent service center where they found a loose contact, and fixed the thing with a microscope and microscopic tools, do NOT try to fix it by yourself)

After the fix, or, after the replace, you'll be OK.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 09:16 AM
    Reboot no longer works for me. Sensors are always fail when I run bbve so not sure what to do. I've had this just over a year now so it probably isn't under warranty. Where on earth did you find someone who was able to repair the sensors?
    03-22-16 12:03 PM
    Same issue here, proximity sensor fails and after a restart turns to work but after some calls it turn back to fail

Someone is in my same situation?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 07:28 AM
    Mine goes black. Check your setting and the orientation of the device when on calls.
    04-10-16 12:23 AM
    I fixed my brand New BlackBerry Passport pringoximity sensor by opening the device, then disconnecting then reconnecting all the stuff on the motherboard (battery, screen, etc).

The problem is that when you drop your bbpp the sensors thing moves and stop working well, the reconection of theese Will fix the issue

P.d. Leave the bbpp disconnected bout 5 mins.

You know this Will break your warranty , so do it under your responsability.
    KiiKeEp
    04-11-16 07:33 PM
    So, dropping my phone repeatedly from short distances seems to have caused the proximity sensor to come back to life. The screen gets lighter or darker depending on light conditions and my pkb now lights up. Go figure.
    05-06-16 12:03 AM
    Have you tried emptying the battery fully then recharge fully. This worked for me for my red passport.

 P A S S P O R T 
    05-06-16 01:01 AM