This is a work in progress. Not satisfied with it, in part because it's too long. The idea is to have a pocket elevator pitch[^1] to stress the competitive advantages of the Passport over the competition. I live in the US, so it's a hard sell. For example, I showed a friend the gestures on my Z10, and he countered by dictating an email to his iphone (so who needs to type?). Of course I offered some responses, but I'm not a salesperson or a marketer, so keeping up in this game of "who's got the better device" does not come naturally.

Anyway, the following draft pitch is inspired by those who contributed to

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ntages-961752/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ntages-961749/
    [Thanks to all who helped!]

BlackBerry CEO: Passport isn't an iPhone killer?and that's OK?commentary [JC's editorial]
    Blend -- The Beginning Of The Return in [Market-Ticker]

So here's the pitch. I'd love any suggestions to make it more succinct and effective for all of us "prosumers" to better drive the competitive advantages of the Passport home.

==============
    Elevator pitch

The Passport constitutes an innovative mobile technology for serious users who care about serious productivity [Chen]

I. Four things that set the Passport apart from the competition: a) Looong battery life, b) an innovative screen, c) a multi-function keyboard, and d) seamless synchronization of contacts and documents across devices, and aggregation of all messages (email, text, social, etc.) into one actionable hub. [Chen]

a. Up to 30 hours without recharging.

b. "Work Wide": comfortable reading, 60 chars per line, 1440p, no more truncated email subject lines, easier to read spreadsheets, and lots more.

c. Best keyboard/typing experience on the planet: Gestures, shortcuts

II. Blackberry Blend: *Secure* access to documents, text messages, email, contacts, calendar, and more across operating systems and tablets (windows, ios, and android). [Chen]

a. ios and android solutions work only in their ecosystems, while Blend can be used on either iOS, Windows and Android tablets/pcs.

b. very secure, no other device or cloud stores the data. Apple does not have it, Google does not have it.

c. phone stays in your pocket while you are at your desk.

d. No need for desktop email client. Blend lets me do everything from the BB. [But does 10.3.x support IMAP Sent folders???]

III. Hardware: multiple microphones, best speaker experience, 13 mp camera with OIS (optical image stabilisation); solid and will not bend like an iphone; multi-lingual Blackberry Assistant [is BA better than than the competition in any way???].
    ==============

[1]: Elevator pitch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    10-04-14 10:48 AM
    Sounds like an excellent start for your pitch.
    10-04-14 11:18 AM
    Cool. I just wanted to say that dictating an email to your phone, which can be done on a BB regardless, is not a solution to a crappy keyboard. Your friend had no point. So if you are on a noisy bus and you need to send an email you are going to dictate it? Or how about when you are in a quiet library. Are you going to be the jerk dictating their emails and text messages out loud? I get it if you are sitting in your office you might want to sit back and dictate an email out loud instead of typing away, but, like I said, you can do that on a BB too if you really wanted to.
    10-04-14 11:47 AM
    Cool. I just wanted to say that dictating an email to your phone, which can be done on a BB regardless, is not a solution to a crappy keyboard. Your friend had no point. So if you are on a noisy bus and you need to send an email you are going to dictate it? Or how about when you are in a quiet library. Are you going to be the jerk dictating their emails and text messages out loud? I get it if you are sitting in your office you might want to sit back and dictate an email out loud instead of typing away, but, like I said, you can do that on a BB too if you really wanted to.
    Good points. And I do actually know one person who tries to use his iPhone in this manner, it doesn't usually work. Though in his defense, his personal relationship with Siri has more to do with him not knowing how his iPhone actually works.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:56 AM
    You save time : check how long it takes for ios to open an app that is in background : facebook, twitter etc and compare that time to what it takes you when it is in background and you'll see how much they have to wait.

And lastly you have your own opinion about a phone and try something different and just don't follow the herd...

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 12:38 PM
    You save time : check how long it takes for ios to open an app that is in background : facebook, twitter etc and compare that time to what it takes you when it is in background and you'll see how much they have to wait.
    Ah, multitasking! So something like:

I. d. Genuine *multitasking* operating system allows for more efficiency in moving from one app to another, and to get things done faster.
    10-04-14 01:30 PM
    Sounds like an excellent start for your pitch.
    Thanks Matt... Let me know how to make it better!
    10-04-14 01:32 PM
    I did mention that BB already has this capability, and that it had it long before the iPhone (afaik). But your other points are well taken, thanks! And, as CecilTsunami alludes, dictation has its practical limits...
    10-04-14 01:35 PM
    Under hardware there are several advantages (though many of these are shared by some android phones)

hardware:
    1) slimport adapter lets you output to hdmi or vga monitors. You can do powerpoint presentations right off your blackberry. It also has usb2go so it can access external hard drives and flash drive (this is my understanding, haven't gotten my blackberry yet to test these) Also, miracast apparently works wonderfully with the passport (another way to get presentations). You could also use these things to hook your blackberry up to the TV in your hotel room if you have netflix and don't want to pay for movies, or in your house if your cable and internet go out (happens to me sometimes, have the same provider for both)

2) hot swappable SD card expansion.

3) built in fm radio

4) technology to dynamically adjust call volume based on how close the phone is to your ear and how loud the ambient noise in the room is, features that help give the passport best in class call quality (being a phone is its primary function after all)

5) the multi-microphone/multi-speaker set up also lets it work as a very high quality speaker phone

6) 2 MP front facing 720p "Selfie camera" and 13 MP rear camera with ois -- camera software gives you a lot of control over the camera's pictures including the innovative time shift feature which blackberry pioneered.

software:
    7) Story maker lets you group/edit your videos and pictures in a very cool way

8) Two official App ecosystems, and the ability to add a third means that blackberry now has as robust an ap ecosystem as any phone out there.

9) continued major improvements. Blackberry has had 3 major releases of OS 10 in what, 18 months?

10) The Hub. If you're a power user having to deal with many emails, facebook posts, text messages, etc... The blackberry hub is simply the most elegant and efficient means of managing a high volume of messages.

I could go on, but really there are so many advantages to the passport, you could go on and on and on. It's best, if possible to know the needs of the person you're making the pitch for and tailoring the presentation so that it is short and sweet, but has the highest impact to make them curious. Then you can expand upon all the other features.
    10-05-14 12:50 AM
    This is a work in progress. Not satisfied with it, in part because it's too long. The idea is to have a pocket elevator pitch[^1] to stress the competitive advantages of the Passport over the competition. I live in the US, so it's a hard sell. For example, I showed a friend the gestures on my Z10, and he countered by dictating an email to his iphone (so who needs to type?). Of course I offered some responses, but I'm not a salesperson or a marketer, so keeping up in this game of "who's got the better device" does not come naturally.

Anyway, the following draft pitch is inspired by those who contributed to

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ntages-961752/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ntages-961749/
    [Thanks to all who helped!]

BlackBerry CEO: Passport isn't an iPhone killer?and that's OK?commentary [JC's editorial]
    Blend -- The Beginning Of The Return in [Market-Ticker]

So here's the pitch. I'd love any suggestions to make it more succinct and effective for all of us "prosumers" to better drive the competitive advantages of the Passport home.

==============
    Elevator pitch

The Passport constitutes an innovative mobile technology for serious users who care about serious productivity [Chen]

I. Four things that set the Passport apart from the competition: a) Looong battery life, b) an innovative screen, c) a multi-function keyboard, and d) seamless synchronization of contacts and documents across devices, and aggregation of all messages (email, text, social, etc.) into one actionable hub. [Chen]

a. Up to 30 hours without recharging.

b. "Work Wide": comfortable reading, 60 chars per line, 1440p, no more truncated email subject lines, easier to read spreadsheets, and lots more.

c. Best keyboard/typing experience on the planet: Gestures, shortcuts

II. Blackberry Blend: *Secure* access to documents, text messages, email, contacts, calendar, and more across operating systems and tablets (windows, ios, and android). [Chen]

a. ios and android solutions work only in their ecosystems, while Blend can be used on either iOS, Windows and Android tablets/pcs.

b. very secure, no other device or cloud stores the data. Apple does not have it, Google does not have it.

c. phone stays in your pocket while you are at your desk.

d. No need for desktop email client. Blend lets me do everything from the BB. [But does 10.3.x support IMAP Sent folders???]

III. Hardware: multiple microphones, best speaker experience, 13 mp camera with OIS (optical image stabilisation); solid and will not bend like an iphone; multi-lingual Blackberry Assistant [is BA better than than the competition in any way???].
    ==============

[1]: Elevator pitch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Visual marketing is really effective for elevator pitches.
    What I would do is create a visual pitch.
    Create a background using the passport and get gymnasts dressed in black to emulate the swipe, flick, and tap motion of os10.3 and how it relates to the passport. Everything you described in your pitch goes back to the core feature of the passport and o 10.3.

TAP
    FLICK
    SWIPE
    10-05-14 11:24 AM
    Under hardware there are several advantages (though many of these are shared by some android phones)
    You are right, of course... But that's a bit beyond my pay grade, and one can only hope that BB will be training its marketing people to do exactly this as they, in turn, train salespeople at the carrier level etc.

It's best, if possible to know the needs of the person you're making the pitch for and tailoring the presentation so that it is short and sweet, but has the highest impact to make them curious. Then you can expand upon all the other features.
    Ideally, BB should provide a resources page for the "prosumers"; both to give them their own pitches to different audiences and allowing them to provide their own experiences etc...
    10-05-14 06:53 PM
    Visual marketing is really effective for elevator pitches.
    What I would do is create a visual pitch.
    Create a background using the passport and get gymnasts dressed in black to emulate the swipe, flick, and tap motion of os10.3 and how it relates to the passport. Everything you described in your pitch goes back to the core feature of the passport and o 10.3.

TAP
    FLICK
    SWIPE
    Now that's the kind of creative marketing BB should be considering and providing to the prosumers... I hope you sent your idea to J Chen :-)
    10-05-14 06:56 PM